Indian Political Discussion

He should not have done it in the first place.

Everyone does not have tge benefit of saying something offensive and then removing it without the risk of punitive action.

It's a slimy move. Though I'll stop short of saying by a slimy guy.

Cheers, Doc
You, of all the members here have got the longest rope, not even Guynextdoor was so abusive, dumb and derailing every thread but you have used that rope only to hang yourself but look at you, victim again, how cute!

You, of all the members here have got the longest rope, not even Guynextdoor was so abusive, dumb and derailing every thread but you have used that rope only to hang yourself but look at you, victim again, how cute!

Your internet authority is all you have here buddy.

Enjoy.

Cheers, Doc

Reactions: Amal
Doc, in India there are so many parties. In that kind of fragmentation 37% is a massive mandate. And Doc, it was 37% not 30%.

What do you mean so many parties bro?

In the general elections its literally a two party race.

Cheers, Doc

What do you mean so many parties bro?

In the general elections its literally a two party race.

Cheers, Doc
The fragmentation of vote share. Not seats but vote. Each small party takes its small cut from the votes. There is a long tail of vote share.

In Delhi which is not a state and not even a UT it's like this. Delhi has three regions , one governed by Central govt, other by State govt and third by the Army

New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) areas is governed by central government , always so elections have no influence on this. It's not a very large area

Municipal corporation of Delhi area is the only place which will be under Kejriwal and votes from these areas will be actually have the say. This constitutes the largest share of Delhi's area. And 40% out of it is unauthorized residence and jhuggis with only right of residence given recently.

Delhi cant is under army

Saw a lot of Malayalis supporting the decision of not to provide disaster relief to Kerala. No need to mention their political affiliation I think.
I'm sure this can be discussed without references to religious symbolisms. Beyond this, it's up to you. 😊

Millions.

Indian Hindus alone number over a billion.

Barely 30 odd percent of all Indians voted for Modi at his peak.

A peak he is nowhere close to in 2020.

Is it difficult to do the simple math?

Cheers, Doc
Except his vote share went up from 14 to 19.

Reactions: BlackOpsIndia
Everything in life is about emotions and perceptions.

Facts did not bring the BJP to power.

Emotions did. Perceptions neatly engineered did.

The same will sweep them out.

Cheers, Doc
You remember the community being quiet thing.

Most of India is that, but it sees everything, the cumulative public intelligence may not win Nobel prize, but it is witty enough to know who to test, and who to kick out. It also knows what it should elect for the state and center and routinely feeds the humble pie to the political pundits.

This outrage drama of award wapsi etc did not work in last election cycle, I highly doubt it will work this time around. Meanwhile, wait for Uniform Civil Code.

Last edited:
You remember the community being quiet thing.

Most of India is that it sees everything, the cumulative public intelligence may not win Nobel prize, but it is witty enough to know who to test, and who to kick out. It also knows what it should elect for the state and center and routinely feeds the humble pie to the political pundits.

This outrage drama of award wapsi etc did not work in last election cycle, I highly doubt it will work this time around. Meanwhile wait for Uniform Civil Code.
Leaving UCC, most of the legislative playbook has already been run and done. Actually UCC is also partially played in form of banning TT. So from now on it is essentially good implementation of policies and handling situations. If BJP can do it well for 4 more years, they will get votes irrespective of swings. And if they come back in '24 even with a reduced majority or in a collation, it does not matter for them. Its not legislative issues but fixing of administration and regulation is what will be needed.

This is what they need to show, can they run a tight ship with drunk saliors called indian government machinery?

Leaving UCC, most of the legislative playbook has already been run and done. Actually UCC is also partially played in form of banning TT. So from now on it is essentially good implementation of policies and handling situations. If BJP can do it well for 4 more years, they will get votes irrespective of swings. And if they come back in '24 even with a reduced majority or in a collation, it does not matter for them. Its not legislative issues but fixing of administration and regulation is what will be needed.

If you want to beat BJP, you have to get booth level workers and organizational strength. Only local parties like DMK, BJD, TMC can compete with BJP in manpower.
BJP will bring UCC soon, and then in the 2nd phase, this govt thing like women reservation, transgender empowering, Gorkha tribe reform, etc will come in. The second phase will be with entire pomp of building Ram Mandir, its inauguration big dog, and pony show, and BJP will milk it.

the way industrial output is going down, exports are down and private capex dried up, if the government does take immediate action, India will be in trouble of a different kind that BJP is no way or form capable to tackle.

Except his vote share went up from 14 to 19.

It went up from 2014 I agree. The overall number was still just above 30 as I recall. @Saaho says 37.

My point is that's still many many many millions of Indians who did not vote for him. And did not want him as PM.

Many many millions of Hindus who did not vote for him and did not want him as PM.

More Indians voted against Modi for PM than those who voted for him as PM.

Cause in 2019 it really was a one horse race. It was a simple Aye or Nay for or against Modi.

And Modi lost that. Conclusively.

And if you ask Indians today, he will have fallen even lower.

Cheers, Doc

It went up from 2014 I agree. The overall number was still just above 30 as I recall. @Saaho says 37.

My point is that's still many many many millions of Indians who did not vote for him. And did not want him as PM.

Many many millions of Hindus who did not vote for him and did not want him as PM.

More Indians voted against Modi for PM than those who voted for him as PM.

Cause in 2019 it really was a one horse race. It was a simple Aye or Nay for or against Modi.

And Modi lost that. Conclusively.

And if you ask Indians today, he will have fallen even lower.

Cheers, Doc

By that logic, other than Rajiv once, Every PM India has ever had was not wanted by the people, right?

Have you forgotten how elections work? And you were tom tomming Shivesena's government in Maharashtra, would you use the same logic for Udhhav thakrey too for the Maharashtra mandate?

Yes you are correct.

Modi is not as special as you think.

Cheers, Doc
Lets apply the same logic to Maharashtra's mandate? that reflects quite poorly on Sena then doesn't it?

The statistical game that you are alluding to is counterproductive. If more people didn't want Modi as thier PM, then even more people did not want any other candidate as their PM by the virtue of the same data.

Also, vote share is quite meaningless You could have a 49.9%vote share in every constituency and still lose all of them. And after loosing every seat you cant rant about losing by a small margin. The law of averaging happens across the seat share result yeilding the most popular political party, and that is what NDA did this election, irrespective of how much people would dislike it.

1578436960295.png

1578436979061.png

1578436861761.png

Reactions: nair
Lets apply the same logic to Maharashtra's mandate? that reflects quite poorly on Sena then doesn't it?

The statistical game that you are alluding to is counterproductive. If more people didn't want Modi as thier PM, then even more people did not want any other candidate as their PM by the virtue of the same data.

Also, vote share is quite meaningless You could have a 49.9%vote share in every constituency and still lose all of them. And after loosing every seat you cant rant about losing by a small margin. The law of averaging happens across the seat share result yeilding the most popular political party, and that is what NDA did this election.

View attachment 12840

Yes you are correct on Maharashtra. We wanted the BJP out of our state.

And we did what was needed.

The same will be copied by other states.

The same will then be done in 2024.

We want a BJP mukt Bharat. We don't just want them to lose.

Yes you are also correct about him being the tallest of the pygmies around him. Fir now.

We just need more pygmies to stand on each other's shoulders.

Cheers, Doc

Yes you are correct on Maharashtra. We wanted the BJP out of our state.
That is just poor comprehension,
lets utilize your vote share logic,

1578437313625.png

Shiv sena's vote share was 16.41%, thus 83.6% of the electorate despised Shivesena, how do you call that a mandate?

And we did what was needed.

The same will be copied by other states.

The same will then be done in 2024.

We want a BJP mukt Bharat. We don't just want them to lose.

Yes you are also correct about him being the tallest of the pygmies around him. Fir now.

We just need more pygmies to stand on each other's shoulders.

Cheers, Doc
well, there is nothing wrong in aspiring, but I expected a better handle on stats from a member of your eminence.

FYI, you ( as in the people) did not do anything for the current situation, if anything it was a simple majority for NDA pre poll.
But the tiger decided to become a ballerina, there is not much the electorate could do.

FREE KASHMIR in the heart of Mumbai, and SS cadre looks away. Absolutely pathetic.

That is just poor comprehension,
lets utilize your vote share logic,

View attachment 12843

Shiv sena's vote share was 16.41%, thus 83.6% of the electorate despised Shivesena, how do you call that a mandate?

well, there is nothing wrong in aspiring, but I expected a better handle on stats from a member of your eminence.

The miscomprehension is really on your part. It's not the stats at all.

When I said we I meant the Shiv Sena.

Cheers, Doc