Indian Political Discussion

Tripura election results will have no impact in Karnataka: Siddaramaiah

Tripura election results will have no impact in Karnataka, where assembly elections are expected to be held in a few months, as there is no “Modi wave” in this state, chief minister Siddaramaiah has said.

He also said the state BJP should worry about how BS Yeddyurappa, who was imprisoned in an illegal land denotification case and “presided over mining loot”, would convince voters of providing stable, corruption-free governance in case the saffron party wins the Karnataka polls.

“Post #Tripura results there is excitement in media about the results’ implications for Karnataka. Since 2014 Lok Sabha results #BJP has lost Assembly segments in over 50 Lok Sabha Seats & has won only about 2 LS seats. So let us not lose perspective: there is no Modi wave here (sic),” Siddaramaiah tweeted on Sunday.

While the BJP wrested the Left bastion of Tripura and received an invitation to be a part of the government in Nagaland, it was a hung assembly in Meghalaya. Congress emerged as the single largest party with 21 seats in Meghalaya, but the BJP -- with just 2 members -- managed to cobble up numbers with National People’s Party and other regional players.

“@BJP4Karnataka has to worry about convincing voters here how former #JailBird @BSYBJP who presided over mining loot, illegal denotification of Bengaluru lands & cash-for-MLA scam called OperationKamala, can provide stable corruption free governance (sic),” the chief minister said in another tweet.

Earlier, Uttar Pradesh chief minister Yogi Adityanath, who was slated to visit poll-bound Karnataka on March 6, had said the lotus would bloom in Karnataka, Kerala, West Bengal and Odisha.

He said Prime Minister Narendra Modi and BJP president Amit Shah are the architects for the historic performance of the party in the northeast.

Tripura election results will have no impact in Karnataka: Siddaramaiah | india news | Hindustan Times

I expect BJP to get 105-115 Seats in Karnataka.

Last edited:
Meanwhile in my city, BJP leaders' giant posters are being stuck on roads at iconic busy junctions so that traffic can roll over it. And people can walk over them.

After Sainiks had their fill of walking all over them initially to make sure they had stuck securely of course ....

Methinks I'll take my dogs out to Chandani Chowk today evening for a walk.

Cheers, Doc

Rahul is a Lucky Mascot for Right-wing Worldwide. ;)
DXg1gmiW0AUxxI7.png

@vstol Jockey @Parul @Nilgiri @Levina

I think NE election will have little impact on national elections. But nonetheless, further proof they've been BSing

BJP Lost 79% of Its Candidates in Meghalaya, Nagaland, Yet Celebrates “Big Victory” | Caravan Daily
how much is 12 out of 20? In Nagaland BJP fought on 40-20 seat sharing. they won 12 of them. Seems your love for AAP is making you believe in such stories. What is correct-BJP rigged EVMs or the link you posted? Both can't be true at the same time.

GND is a RaGa lover,,, didnt think he was Kejru lover
BJP or its coalition winning and coming to power,..
But on other hand congress became non existent in Nagaland and Tripura,
If you look at it, Anti BJP guys will always have something to talk of, like if a kid gets 95% marks there is uncle ji who is saying 98 kyon nahi mile, where in truth, that guy himself did not even get first class in his exams.
Congress vote share has reduced and that too despite the Church being involved actively trying to get the Christian voters to vote against BJP.
Tripura went for development, where as Manipur was not sure which way to go, I think by 2019, most states will be surely be voting for BJP

how much is 12 out of 20? In Nagaland BJP fought on 40-20 seat sharing. they won 12 of them. Seems your love for AAP is making you believe in such stories. What is correct-BJP rigged EVMs or the link you posted? Both can't be true at the same time.

This is one of the reason why NE is not integrated in India
Most mainstream indians disregard NE as being small and insignificant, and due to the less nos of MPs it brings, it was ignored by Congress and UPA govts and that also increased the influx of foreigners in NE causing imbalance in the population ratio there.
Lets asssume BJP lost like you said, how many seats did congress win in Nagaland? in Tripura?
The grand old part of India did not even open account in these states 0/60 imagine that.,.
AAP election mein tha? I guess not.

There are not 3 more states to NDA ruling, with two of BJP let rule and one of NDA with BJP in the govt, OF course it will have impact on national elections, Congress had 44 sets and by next election Congress will be an "INNOVA PARTY" with all its members easily fitting an Innova.

I think NE election will have little impact on national elections. But nonetheless, further proof they've been BSing

BJP Lost 79% of Its Candidates in Meghalaya, Nagaland, Yet Celebrates “Big Victory” | Caravan Daily

Reactions: Ironhide and Parul

The Article from INC's Mouthpiece trying to show how badly BJP Performed. Yet it's forming Government in all the States.

The Irony is that The United Democratic Party were offered CM post for Two and a half Years but they wanted refused. This Speaks Volume about RaGa/INC.

NE States have 25 Seats, General Elections. Yeah, 25 Seats have little impact on General Elections. (y)

GND is a RaGa lover,,, didnt think he was Kejru lover
BJP or its coalition winning and coming to power,..
But on other hand congress became non existent in Nagaland and Tripura,
If you look at it, Anti BJP guys will always have something to talk of, like if a kid gets 95% marks there is uncle ji who is saying 98 kyon nahi mile, where in truth, that guy himself did not even get first class in his exams.
Congress vote share has reduced and that too despite the Church being involved actively trying to get the Christian voters to vote against BJP.
Tripura went for development, where as Manipur was not sure which way to go, I think by 2019, most states will be surely be voting for BJP
What matters is not these articles or how many seats BJP lost, what matters is that these states will have BJP or its allies in power in 2019 and that will make a huge difference in Lok sabha seats.

The Article from INC's Mouthpiece trying to show how badly BJP Performed. Yet it's forming Government in all the States.

The Irony is that The United Democratic Party were offered CM post for Two and a half Years but they wanted refused. This Speaks Volume about RaGa/INC.

NE States have 25 Seats, General Elections. Yeah, 25 Seats have little impact on General Elections. (y)
Yes, BJP may not be able to repeat its performance in hindi belt of 2014 and may end up losing about 35-45 seats in hindi belt but this loss will be more than made up by NE and East.

Yes, BJP may not be able to repeat its performance in hindi belt of 2014 and may end up losing about 35-45 seats in hindi belt but this loss will be more than made up by NE and East.

And (while this is highly hypothetical) - any gains by Rajinikanth in Tamil Nadu. It shouldn't come to it, but there's also a kind of semi-cushion in the form of KCR in Telangana, since he and BJP have been more or less quietly working together.

And (while this is highly hypothetical) - any gains by Rajinikanth in Tamil Nadu. It shouldn't come to it, but there's also a kind of semi-cushion in the form of KCR in Telangana, since he and BJP have been more or less quietly working together.
TDP will be shooting itself in the foot by going alone or with Congress. YSR and other smaller regional parties can swing it in favour of BJP in Andhra in case of multi-cornered contest.

TDP will be shooting itself in the foot by going alone or with Congress. YSR and other smaller regional parties can swing it in favour of BJP in Andhra in case of multi-cornered contest.

TDP is talking to CONgress and YSR is talking to Begum mamata.

TDP move makes sense since he has drawn a blank with BJP and has nothing to gain by continuing the partnership. Same as Shiv Sena.

YSR will bite and so will Jagan since YSR wants a national role and Jagan wants CBI off his back. It would be better if BJP can fight elections without any new partners and form alliance once the winners are declared.

Either way TN will contribute to NDA after 2019, one way or another.

It's probably too early to say who will win, but who looks likely to win there right now? I know that if AIADMK and/or Rajinikanth do well, they will be with BJP; but then there's Kamal Hassan, DMK and TTV Dinakaran.

I can still maybe see DMK and BJP doing business with Modi visiting Karunanidhi and what not; but would TTV Dinakaran play ball with BJP after how much they hounded him and his aunt to help OPS-EPS?

It's probably too early to say who will win, but who looks likely to win there right now? I know that if AIADMK and/or Rajinikanth do well, they will be with BJP; but then there's Kamal Hassan, DMK and TTV Dinakaran.

I can still maybe see DMK and BJP doing business with Modi visiting Karunanidhi and what not; but would TTV Dinakaran play ball with BJP after how much they hounded him and his aunt to help OPS-EPS?

Its going to be a mix bag of AIADMK, DMK and Rajnikanth and they will all support BJP to form the govt. since they would want to have a piece of the pie.