Indian Political Discussion

Its going to be a mix bag of AIADMK, DMK and Rajnikanth and they will all support BJP to form the govt. since they would want to have a piece of the pie.

Pretty clever on the BJP's part, but where do you see Dinakaran in all this? After all he managed to beat both AIADMK and DMK in RK Nagar. Do you think maybe BJP will find a way to nail him down for corruption along with his aunt? Or could popular sentiment/sympathies propel him to a good performance if it looks like the other parties are all playing ball with BJP and he's being "harassed" by central agencies?

And (while this is highly hypothetical) - any gains by Rajinikanth in Tamil Nadu. It shouldn't come to it, but there's also a kind of semi-cushion in the form of KCR in Telangana, since he and BJP have been more or less quietly working together.

The AIADMK faction(s) O. PanneerselvamEdappadi K & other came together because Modi Requested them to come Together. He also met Karina - in Good Terms with Both the Main Political Parties. Win win for him. Rajni wind fall gain.

KCR recently came up with Third Front Idea to fight Modi. Off late, he's been abusing Modi! Can they come together?

The AIADMK faction(s) O. PanneerselvamEdappadi K & other came together because Modi Requested them to come Together. He also met Karina - in Good Terms with Both the Main Political Parties. Win win for him. Rajni wind fall gain.

KCR recently came up with Third Front Idea to fight Modi. Off late, he's been abusing Modi! Can they come together?

That's something I was wondering about too, is KCR serious about a third front, or is it all a big pretense/signaling so that 1) People don't suspect him of working with BJP and 2) He has greater bargaining power with the BJP post 2019?

Pretty clever on the BJP's part, but where do you see Dinakaran in all this? After all he managed to beat both AIADMK and DMK in RK Nagar. Do you think maybe BJP will find a way to nail him down for corruption along with his aunt? Or could popular sentiment/sympathies propel him to a good performance if it looks like the other parties are all playing ball with BJP and he's being "harassed" by central agencies?

BJP made him an unintended underdog by targeting him and I think they have learn their lesson. Going forward I do not think they are going to target him any longer. TN is an extremely casteist society and winning elctions is all about earning trust of the castes. So its hard to predict how the future looks.

Rajanikanth has an appeal that cuts across all castes (similar to Jayalalitha or even Modi / Yogi) so it would be interesting to see how that pans out.

Reactions: RATHORE
TDP is talking to CONgress and YSR is talking to Begum mamata.

TDP move makes sense since he has drawn a blank with BJP and has nothing to gain by continuing the partnership. Same as Shiv Sena.

YSR will bite and so will Jagan since YSR wants a national role and Jagan wants CBI off his back. It would be better if BJP can fight elections without any new partners and form alliance once the winners are declared.
YSR is dead. I guess you meant KCR.

That's something I was wondering about too, is KCR serious about a third front, or is it all a big pretense/signaling so that 1) People don't suspect him of working with BJP and 2) He has greater bargaining power with the BJP post 2019?

If KCR he sweeps Telengana, he can get maximum 17 Seats. Don't think he has much bargaining Power.

His Government passed the bill to give 12% Reservation to Muslim Community. To pass it, President's Nod & Constitutional changes is required. He's making noise to keep his Secular Vote Bank intact by blaming Modi. He's also rattled that BJP might his Votes like it's doing in Odisha & Tripura.

Maumta also has PM's ambition(s), I don't think 3rd wront will Work, as it will result in Counter Polarisation & Entire Dalit/OBC votes of Mayawati can move to BJP.

I think it's hogwash. A third front is always good for BJP. It will divide Congress vote and help BJP to win. The only way BJP can be defeated is by bringing in all opposition parties under one roof. KCR just broke that idea.

BJP made him an unintended underdog by targeting him and I think they have learn their lesson. Going forward I do not think they are going to target him any longer. TN is an extremely casteist society and winning elctions is all about earning trust of the castes. So its hard to predict how the future looks.

Rajanikanth has an appeal that cuts across all castes (similar to Jayalalitha or even Modi / Yogi) so it would be interesting to see how that pans out.
What I heard is Rajanikanth does not enjoy the kind of support he used have in late 1990s. Plus closer to election, his Marathi root will be exploited by opposition parties. Still he can win 30-40 assembly seats, if plays his card well.

Meanwhile in my city, BJP leaders' giant posters are being stuck on roads at iconic busy junctions so that traffic can roll over it. And people can walk over them.

After Sainiks had their fill of walking all over them initially to make sure they had stuck securely of course ....

Methinks I'll take my dogs out to Chandani Chowk today evening for a walk.

Cheers, Doc
Didn't you spend a year on PDF pretending to be a muslim in an appropriately named ID? And then posted racist shit about 'dark Indians'. Followed by racially abusing @Levina on Older Forum.

How was this guy even allowed back in. @Levina ????

Last edited by a moderator:
What I heard is Rajanikanth does not enjoy the kind of support he used have in late 1990s. Plus closer to election, his Marathi root will be exploited by opposition parties. Still he can win 30-40 assembly seats, if plays his card well.

Its really hard to gauge, only time will tell.

Is their someway that we can stop irrelevant people like Sri Sri from making a fool of themselves? His statement about what will happen if the supreme court verdict comes is nothing but anti India. This man should be shot and buried in the deepest grave. He does not deserve a cremation as per hindu rights for being anti hindu.
SC wants to try the case as "Title Case". As per Sanatan Dharma, the temple and its land belongs to the god for whom it is made. Let Muslims show any transfer of land title from Lord Ram to Muslims or Muslims having acquired it by buying it from the custodians of the temple.
Sri Sri is speaking as a spokesperson of Muslims and he needs to be kicked on his backside for that. The case will be decided in favour of Hindus as muslims have no case to prove. And I love it as we will get back all our temples, nearly 44000 of them.
Jai Kalki Maharaj. This is the beginning of arrival of Lord Kalki.

Didn't you spend a year on PDF pretending to be a muslim in an appropriately named ID? And then posted racist shit about 'dark Indians'. Followed by racially abusing @Levina on Older Forum.

Yes I have never been humiliated as much by anyone. But then what someone says about me shows their upbringing.
As to why he’s allowed here, well I dont own the site prolly thats why. :)

Yes I have never been humiliated as much by anyone. But then what someone says about me shows their upbringing.
As to why he’s allowed here, well I dont own the site prolly thats why. :)

Things happen in the heat of the moment. I'm guessing we're from very different worlds.

Like compatriots, you cannot choose your co-forummers either.

You need to move on.

I have.

Cheers, Doc

Last edited:
His Government passed the bill to give 12% Reservation to Muslim Community. To pass it, President's Nod & Constitutional changes is required. He's making noise to keep his Secular Vote Bank intact by blaming Modi. He's also rattled that BJP might his Votes like it's doing in Odisha & Tripura.
telangana was mostly under the Nizam and the Muslims have a huge voter base in there. If KCR doesnt pander to appeasement, he will surely lose some of his seats to the MIM. It would have made sense if KCR would team up with Mamta and Mullayam/Mayawati - all are of the same cloth - appease appease appease.

KCR appointed Sania Mirza as brand ambassador for Hyderabad - why not Saina Nehwal? (practices in Hyderabad) or Pullela Gopichand?

also, MANY in telangana are not disillusioned by KCR. its not going to be a cakewalk.

however, I would want KCR to continue his appeasement politics. this will finally give rise to BJP gaining a foothold in the state. Wherever the appeasement had reached extreme levels, the BJP has made grounds.

Reactions: Ironhide and Parul
telangana was mostly under the Nizam and the Muslims have a huge voter base in there. If KCR doesnt pander to appeasement, he will surely lose some of his seats to the MIM. It would have made sense if KCR would team up with Mamta and Mullayam/Mayawati - all are of the same cloth - appease appease appease.

KCR appointed Sania Mirza as brand ambassador for Hyderabad - why not Saina Nehwal? (practices in Hyderabad) or Pullela Gopichand?

also, MANY in telangana are not disillusioned by KCR. its not going to be a cakewalk.

however, I would want KCR to continue his appeasement politics. this will finally give rise to BJP gaining a foothold in the state. Wherever the appeasement had reached extreme levels, the BJP has made grounds.
I visited Hyderabad last month and it seems KCR is still quite popular. I could see the infrastructure of Hyderabad is in a much better shape and heard that he has done a good job in rural areas as well. The credit mostly goes to his son KTR though. When TRS came to power, nobody expected much from them. Since they have performed reasonably well, I would assume it won't be tough for them in next election. Plus as of now there are no strong leaders in the opposition. Most leaders from TDP have already joined TRS and BJP does not have a significant presence in TG. Let's see how it goes.

Relevance and the Hate keeps people alive. Love is not as powerful as hate is, as an emotion or trait. Long back I heard a story. A young guy grew up hating his drunkard father who used to beat him and his mother every night. This young man loved only his mother and hated his father. One day his mother died. He did not even cry for her. After a few days, his father died. He cried and hanged himself. Do you know why he did not cry or hang himself when his mother died? He was alive not for the love of his mother but for the hatred he had for his father. The day his father died, he lost the motivation to be alive as he lived only to hate his father who had died.
In the previous forum also I had stated, I dislike people as hate is a very devastating word. It kills who harbours it first.
@Levina, lady how can anyone hate you so much? You are a darling.

Reactions: Levina
Lenin's statue being pulled down by people. #Tripura #FallofCommunism

DXieyIVW0AEK87x.jpeg