Indian Political Discussion

Its a free country, so feel free to criticize him. Only expect others to criticize you too and don't whine about it.

I am frankly not interested in your personal opinion about Modi or anyone for that matter. I am amazed that you think, anyone would be interested.
We want a civil, rational debate. That has never been the case here. There has been little constructive criticism of Modi, if any, mainly just attacks. We have been routinely attacked as Sanghis and characterized as saffron bigots frothing at the mouth, sort of the way you just did. From the very beginning there was a troll, Guy Next Door, who has somehow escaped a permanent ban over 2 separate forums in spite of nonstop trolling. Then there was his defender, bonobashi, who would enable him and provide him cover while condescending to other users and claiming the moral high ground about how he wanted a clean, civil blog etc etc. And now there's Doc, who is frankly a totally changed man after his stay at the Green Place, and has practically flipped 180 degrees since I last met him.
@Superkaif The problem is criticism is hardly accepted from other "loyalists". Even @vsdoc claim himself as congress "loyalist", BJP walas are neither hard to find.

Loyalist don't discuss, loyalist serve the political purpose. No healthy debates can happen between bakhts, loyalists and commies.

Political orientation is fine, but behaving like their advocate seldom helps.
You could have said that if there was any 'criticism' when instead there has been nothing but 'venom and personal jibes and attacks' at Hindus from the usual suspects. A truly neutral observer would surely see that. A lot of people here have disagreed with Modi (including myself) and calmly explained their PoV but those sh**bags haven't ever attempted any such thing. There is no reason to not pay them back in the same coin.

No need of explaining to this superkaif guy, he just pretends to be neutral while quietly goes around pedelling his agenda, asks everyone to behave intellectually and face abuse from trolls while kaif himself abuses members here.

Just last months Kaif's abusive posts were deleted and a certain admin who was favouring him via misuse of power needed to be reigned in by other good admins, this is why you guys see him no longer abusing on this forum as he longer has the admin backup to unleash his nastiness.

Sure, because there are no inherent differences between Islam and Hinduism, or a completely artificial state like Pakistan vs. a historical entity like India right?

Tell me, how many countries that started where India did, became even remotely functional democracies? Why are they unable to introduce democracy to the Middle East, to this day? Does it strike you that maybe, just maybe, in spite of your gross mischaracterizations and unfair taunts, there's something inherently peaceful, tolerant and democratic about Hinduism?

Maybe that's why we never persecuted Jews like the rest of the world, maybe that's why we sheltered Muslims and Christians (including having one of the world's oldest mosques), or took in Parsis. Maybe that's why in spite of spending most of our history fighting one wave of invaders or the other, we never became like them - only becoming more assertive where it was necessary to maintain survival, and continued to maintain a peaceful, composite land for all?

The simple truth is, for too long Hindus have lived as if they were a minority in India, constantly being the whipping boys for Congress's step motherly treatment and having to walk on eggshells. And they've finally woken up to this and become more assertive, and that perhaps is what scares you, maybe because you'd prefer Hindus to live indefinitely with their heads bowed - though I don't know why.

Just remember, while Hindus are in the majority, and remotely assertive in India, everyone other than the Islamists is safe. The day Hindus start rolling over and dying the way you seem to prefer, India will end up just like Persia, and then there will be around a billion of us looking for boats and the nearest refuge.

Sigh.

The dharam khatre mein handbook verbatim.

Heard it in the recent past from a Sindhi senior of mine. I never understood how guys who smoke pot in industrial quantities can go so radical.

The killings have started.

We won't need 70 years. We are much bigger and more diverse.

Way way more serious cleavage planes.

The inflection point will come much earlier.

Cause unlike the Pakistanis we do not have a single faith to try and rally together under.

Once our sense of being Indian first and only goes, the fun will really start.

Cheers, Doc

@RATHORE and others, Stop engaging the trolls, their side lost the elections. so they can only troll here. Do not give oxygen to these trolls, that Mega troll who used to open 10 threads a day here has lost his relevance and oxygen after the admins took action and his trolling strategy was nullified. Do the same with the other trolls, make them ir-relevant.

Sigh.

The dharam khatre mein handbook verbatim.

Heard it in the recent past from a Sindhi senior of mine. I never understood how guys who smoke pot in industrial quantities can go so radical.

The killings have started.

We won't need 70 years. We are much bigger and more diverse.

Cheers, Doc

Tell me what part of what I said isn't borne out by history...? Is there anything I claimed or referenced in my comment which isn't rooted in historical fact, or which lacks historical precedent?

But either way, time will prove you wrong. People acted the same way before/during 2014, as if the sky would fall and rapture would occur if/once Modi and BJP came to power; the fear mongering gets very old, very fast.

We're confident in our tradition which goes back thousands and thousands of years - which makes us a unique, inherently peaceful, democratic and secular nation in the entire world; and no amount of your fear mongering or unfair, exaggerated India & Hindu bashing will change that.

Set a bet and a date Doc, you're going to owe me something in the future.

Reactions: Notsuperstitious
@RATHORE and others, Stop engaging the trolls, their side lost the elections. so they can only troll here. Do not give oxygen to these trolls, that Mega troll who used to open 10 threads a day here has lost his relevance and oxygen after the admins took action and his trolling strategy was nullified. Do the same with the other trolls, make them ir-relevant.

I'll probably have to take your advice, but it boils my blood when people write that New York Times style bullshit about "intolerant India" and "radical Hinduism" and "saffron terror/saffron Pakistan" etc. And that's the type of BS which is leading to a Right Wing resurgence across the globe - and even then the leftists don't learn.

Translation: Let's have a sanghi echo chamber.

Cheers, Doc

You're proving him right, what is your comment if not clear trolling? Then please don't preach to us about wanting clean, logical debates. You're the ones repeatedly calling us bigots and frothing-at-the-mouth Sanghis.

I will take throne vacated by Jayalalithaa, says Rajinikanth
CHENNAI: After getting in the crosshairs of the AIADMK leadership with his comments against the "rotten system," actor Rajinikanth on Monday sought to snatch away that party's biggest asset- the MGR legacy. He also sought to occupy the leadership vaccum caused by J Jayalalithaa's death and M Karunanidhi's retirement.
"I am not MGR, but I can give you a rule like MGR's, a rule for the poor," said Rajini at MGR Educational and Research Institute. Dismissing statements that he delayed his entry into politics because of Jayalalithaa, Rajini said, "I don't have to remind you of 1996. If I feared her, I couldn't have opposed her then. Jayalalithaa and Kalaignar (M Karunanithi) were great leaders. But the throne has fallen vacant now. I will fill the space. God is on our side."

Deviating from the refrain of politicians on the love for Tamil, Rajinikanth urged the Tamil youth to learn English. "For success in any profession, you need English proficiency. Learn the language. Just by speaking Tamil, the language doesn't grow. For the language to grow, you should grow," he said. He promised to use technology and seek expert advice to provide a rule as good as MGR's.

On a personal note, Rajinikanth continued: "My marriage to Latha would not have been possible without MGR. I couldn't have built Raghavendra marriage hall without MGR. When I was hospitalised for two months in 1978 after a nervous breakdown, chief minister MGR saw to it that I recovered well."

Almost every minute of half-an-hour speech had the name MGR; using such encomiums as 'yuga purushan', 'deiva piravi', 'marma manidhan' and 'maaya manidhan' triggering repeated rounds of applause. "It would be foolish for one to assume that he can become like MGR. There will be no one like him for another 1,000 years."

The function, organised by the institute founder A C Shanmugam, who was a Lok Sabha member of the AIADMK during MGR's rule, marked the former chief minister's centenary as also the 30th anniversary of the institute.

Beware of intellect of the masses: Rajini

Rajinikanth said Shanmugam has virtually turned the function into an election rally.

“I was not going to talk politics as this is an educational institution. But Shanmugam, my friend of 30 years, lit the fire.” Sharing the dais with Rajinikanth was former Chennai mayor and AIADMK leader Saidai Duraiswamy.

“Shanmugam insisted that he wanted (for the function) someone from the film industry as MGR rose to power from the cine field. He favoured me as I was also a friend of MGR.” The ‘Kaala’ actor said he had to leave cinema and enter politics as politicians were not doing their job. He warned seasoned politicians, who have been making fun of him, to be cautious of the public’s intelligence.

“The political bug bit me in 1996. From then on I have been following politics closely. I have learned from greats like Kalaignar, Moopanar and Cho. I know how politics works. I know the path is filled with thorns and snakes. If I am coming to politics at this age, why are you discouraging me? Let us stop this politics of name calling,” Rajini said.

Responding to barbs at his ‘spiritual politics’, Rajini said, “My spiritual politics will be about purity. It means all people are one. It is not to say that Dravidian politics does not possess these qualities. Belief in God is spiritual politics. Soon you are going to see what spiritual politics is all about.”

I will take throne vacated by Jayalalithaa, says Rajinikanth - Times of India

Tell me what part of what I said isn't borne out by history...? Is there anything I claimed or referenced in my comment which isn't rooted in historical fact, or which lacks historical precedent?

But either way, time will prove you wrong. People acted the same way before/during 2014, as if the sky would fall and rapture would occur if/once Modi and BJP came to power; the fear mongering gets very old, very fast.

We're confident in our tradition which goes back thousands and thousands of years - which makes us a unique, inherently peaceful, democratic and secular nation in the entire world; and no amount of your fear mongering or unfair, exaggerated India & Hindu bashing will change that.

Set a bet and a date Doc, you're going to owe me something in the future.

My people and our faith already owe India and the Hindu people a lot.

We shall continue to repay our debt of gratitude by fighting any attempt to mutate the values of this civilization using a template Persians know firsthand only too well.

Too bad if we need to speak up against some deviant Hindus to do just that.

Our loyalty would accept no less.

Cheers, Doc

My people and our faith already owe India and the Hindu people a lot.

We shall continue to repay our debt of gratitude by fighting any attempt to mutate the values of this civilization using a template Persians know firsthand only too well.

Too bad if we need to speak up against some deviant Hindus to do just that.

Our loyalty would accept no less.

Cheers, Doc

That's an admirable sense of loyalty, but you've frankly got the wrong target. I hope you realize that in this conflict you're ending up on the same side as Islamists and various other fifth columnists. Think long and hard whether that's the side you wanna be on.

That's an admirable sense of loyalty, but you've frankly got the wrong target. I hope you realize that in this conflict you're ending up on the same side as Islamists and various other fifth columnists. Think long and hard whether that's the side you wanna be on.

Sorry sir.

I am on the side of millions of sensible sanskari Hindus. Equally fedup and disgusted.

Not neo Nazi wannabe psychos running amok with their Uttam santan eugenics and teary eyed peacocks.

Cheers, Doc

No neo Nazi wannabe psychos running amok with their Uttam santan eugenics and teary eyed peacocks.

In bipolar politics, this is inevitable, but I hope you realize that by sticking to the left, you've got your own groups of loonies and idiots. And that includes the Islamic equivalents of "teary eyed peacock" types. At least the "teary eyed peacock" people love the country and are loyal to the national interest, that's more than can be said about their Islamic equivalents who talk about Jihad and carving out more Pakistans in the future, or various other groups that constitute the leftist rainbow coalition that you are unfortunately a part of.

Nonetheless, the global trends are clear, most of the world is sensible enough and alert enough regarding this unholy alliance of Islamists, leftists and various other groups; and they have resoundingly picked the right wing over that, even if they had to occasionally pinch their noses in the process.

In bipolar politics, this is inevitable, but I hope you realize that by sticking to the left, you've got your own groups of loonies and idiots. And that includes the Islamic equivalents of "teary eyed peacock" types. At least the "teary eyed peacock" people love the country and are loyal to the national interest, that's more than can be said about their Islamic equivalents who talk about Jihad and carving out more Pakistans in the future, or various other groups that constitute the leftist rainbow coalition that you are unfortunately a part of.

Nonetheless, the global trends are clear, most of the world is sensible enough and alert enough regarding this unholy alliance of Islamists, leftists and various other groups; and they have resoundingly picked the right wing over that, even if they had to occasionally pinch their noses in the process.

Our Muslims are descended from the same Hindus who gave us place on their land.

It's taken me 10 years to realise where and with what my fight is.

Cheers, Doc

Our Muslims are descended from the same Hindus who gave us place on their land.

It's taken me 10 years to realise where and with what my fight is.

Cheers, Doc

Sure, and if they all knew, accepted and acknowledged that; and behaved accordingly, do you really think there would be any problems? My fight isn't with those who are cognizant and accepting of these facts, and who act accordingly. But there is a delusional mindset prevalent amongst sub-continental Muslims (of which Pakistan is the greatest example and biggest proof) which makes that impossible, and if anything, lays the ground for future carving out of more Pakistans as well once the demographics are conducive.

DXlBqWbVMAcaotC
Tolerant Communists...

Sure, and if they all knew, accepted and acknowledge that; and behaved accordingly, do you really think there would be any problems? My fight isn't with those who are cognizant and accepting of these facts, and who act accordingly. But there is a delusional mindset prevalent amongst sub-continental Muslims (of which Pakistan is the greatest example and biggest proof) which makes that impossible, and if anything, lays the ground for future carving out of more Pakistans as well once the demographics are conducive.

So we go Mongol on them and push them in that direction.

You cannot vaporise 200 million Muslim Indians.

Beyond a point, if sanghis keep pushing, we will have a war which will make Syria look like a Sunday picnic.

Cheers, Doc

Even Arnab Goswami is irritated with "Sanghi Trolls" today. Used the term like 20 times in 5 mins. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: