Indian Political Discussion

That's why we use Special Term for Main Stream Media!

Well, The alarming part is most of the big or major channels have mastered this art...... That news could have been taken as a MLA entered the assembly with a live granade, and wanted to blow off the assembly.........

Poor man (he is an ex HM of kerala) came to show a used tear gas shell....... Lol......

Pandit Nehru.
Don't fully agree, but sure, I still kinda sorta agree to him being on the list, certainly shouldn't get the top spot though.
Indira Gandhi.
Hell No.
Rajiv Gandhi.
Hell No.
PV Narasimha Rao
Absolutely.
Atal Bihari Vajpayee
Absolutely
Manmohan Singh
Maybe as FM, as PM, Hell No.

The only 2 PM's who should be shoo-ins on this list from Congress, are Lal Bahadur Shastri and PVR Narasimha Rao; and strangely enough, you didn't even mention Shastriji. Interestingly, both were disliked by the Gandhis, and neither one's memory has been honored after their passing.

• Agree
Reactions: Bali78
and interestingly you didn't even mention Shastriji. And interestingly, both were disliked by the Gandhis, and neither one's memory has been honored after their passing.

I did not mention Shastri because he does not make it to the list. Because like Modi, he was a communal man. The fact that he was of the Congress should make no difference to that.

Gandhi would not have made it to the list if he had been PM either. Happier?

Cheers, Doc

I did not mention Shastri because he does not make it to the list. Because like Modi, he was a communal man. The fact that he was of the Congress should make no difference to that.

Gandhi would not have made it to the list if he had been PM either. Happier?

Cheers, Doc

FFS. Shastri was communal but Indira Gandhi wasn't? And I'm no fan or follower of MK Gandhi, but there hasn't been a single "Gandhi" or Nehru since, that was fit to shine his shoes.

FFS. Shastri was communal but Indira Gandhi wasn't? And I'm no fan or follower of MK Gandhi, but there hasn't been a single "Gandhi" or Nehru since, that was fit to shine his shoes.

Baba mera list hai. Tum apna dalo.

You seem to be laboring under the delusion that I am a family loyalist.

My wife's side is related in a somewhat distant way. I'm not.

Cheers, Doc

Baba mera list hai. Tum apna dalo.

You seem to be laboring under the delusion that I am a family loyalist.

My wife's side is related in a somewhat distant way. I'm not.

Cheers, Doc

Chalo koi baat nahi, list tumhaara hai; mujhe kya. I'm just frankly THAT shocked by the list. It's ok though, initial shock has worn off, aap ko aapka list mubarak.

Chalo koi baat nahi, list tumhaara hai; mujhe kya. I'm just frankly THAT shocked by the list. It's ok though, initial shock has worn off, aap ko aapka list mubarak.

Frankly, no politician will lose sight of the fact that he (or she) needs to first get elected before he or she can work for the country.

So its wrong to add the "and party" bit to self.

But once elected, my list put the country first.

Not their religion or community.

Hope that clarifies further. This was only to point out two things to Super.

1) His belief that Modi puts country before himself (Hindus) is ill informed but not to be held against him, especially as a Pakistani expat.

2) His belief that there has never been an Indian leader that has put country before him or herself is so wrong, it needed to be corrected.

Cheers, Doc

Reactions: Superkaif
1) His belief that Modi puts country before himself (Hindus) is ill informed but not to be held against him, especially as a Pakistani expat.

If you put the country before yourself, Modi puts you before himself. Couldn't ask for a better leader.

If you put the country before yourself, Modi puts you before himself. Couldn't ask for a better leader.

Only if you are a Hindu.

Preferably north Indian. And Hindi speaking. At least no souther than Gujarat and MP.

And preferably not a dalit either.

That's still a huge vote bank.

But its not the country.

Cheers, Doc

Only if you are a Hindu.

Preferably north Indian. At least no souther than Gujarat and MP.

Cheers, Doc

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I'm sorry Doc, but that's a heap of shit. Whatever though, unfortunately since you live in the Saffron Pakistani Dictatorship of Modi - you are allowed to your own opinion, however out of touch with reality or popular sentiment as it may be.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I'm sorry Doc, but that's a heap of shit. Whatever though, unfortunately since you live in the Saffron Pakistani Dictatorship of Modi - you are allowed to your own opinion, however out of touch with reality or popular sentiment as it may be.

Since when did popular sentiment be something one needed to be in touch with or in sync either?

Is that what makes you a BJP and Modi supporter?

Cheers, Doc

Since when did popular sentiment be something one needed to be in touch with or in sync either?

Is that what makes you a BJP and Modi supporter?

Cheers, Doc

No no, by all means, please stay out of touch; it just helps us grow politically.

Us as in Hindi speaking belt Hindus who if not upper caste are at least creamily layered?

Cheers, Doc

I don't understand what you get out of straight up bullshitting...? You're not successfully trolling because you're not managing to get me mad, you're certainly not making any quality, concrete points to further your side. So then what is the point of this? Your arguments are so flimsy it'd take two minutes to blow them apart.

Only if you are a Hindu.

So Modi is against Buddhists, Jains, Sikhs? He's going after Christians? He hates Parsis? He has a problem with nationalist Muslims?
Preferably north Indian. And Hindi speaking. At least no souther than Gujarat and MP.

So Modi has a problem with South Indians now? Where's the proof? Is he just going to Karnataka for sightseeing? Is it all just a lie that he's working with the EPS-OPS Govt. in Tamil Nadu (after getting them to merge)? Is it false that he and KCR of Telangana have an understanding or that he's not in alliance with CBN in Andhra?

The only sizeable states where Hindi is a first language are MP, UP and Bihar (there's also Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh, if you want to nitpick, but they're pretty small - and somewhat irrelevant to the larger point); Rajasthan, Haryana and Punjab are all a stretch because they have their own distinct languages, even if they may be similar to Hindi. So you're trying to suggest he only cares for those 3 states? Even Gujaratis don't speak Hindi as a first language, anyone that's heard an average Gujarati speak Hindi (or even Amit Shah in his earlier days) can tell you that - we get lampooned for a reason, even if it's a bit excessive at times.

Modi has a problem with anyone below Gujarat and MP? You do realize that RSS itself is headquartered in Nagpur right...?

Yes, because Modi is so higher caste, he's got both Rajput and Brahmin blood like me. He's totally not a ghanchi.

Reactions: Arvind
Well, The alarming part is most of the big or major channels have mastered this art...... That news could have been taken as a MLA entered the assembly with a live granade, and wanted to blow off the assembly.........

Poor man (he is an ex HM of kerala) came to show a used tear gas shell....... Lol......

Indian Media is propaganda machinery of vested interest. And they will pivot as per people in Power/Master's. #Presstitutes - Hamam mein sab nange hain!

Reactions: nair and Bali78
Arun Jaitley says govt can’t grant special status to Andhra, will give financial aid
Union finance minister Arun Jaitley on Wednesday ruled out granting special category status to Andhra Pradesh because the concept of special category status exists no more following the recommendation of the 14th finance commission.

Amid speculation that the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) could exit the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) over Andhra Pradesh not being given central funding under ‘special status’, Jaitley sought to pacify the TDP saying the government is committed to giving Andhra Pradesh financial assistance equivalent to a special category state.

At a press conference in New Delhi, Jaitley conceded that before the 2014 elections the BJP had promised to give the status to AP for a period of 10 years.

However, the concept of special category status ceased to exist following the recommendation of the 14th finance commission, which is a statutory body. That is why, we have decided to grant a special financial package to Andhra Pradesh, keeping in view the loss of revenue it was facing on account of bifurcation,” he said.

He reiterated that the special package would extend all the benefits to the state, which it would have got through the special category status.

“It is a simple formula. For the centrally sponsored schemes, the special category states would get 90 per cent in the form of grants, as against 60 per cent for non-special category states. The difference is only 30 per cent and we have agreed to reimburse this additional 30 per cent grants to AP and we stand by it,” he said.

With regard to revenue deficit, he said the dispute was only with regard to the reimbursement for the first 10 months period of 2014-15 (the year of bifurcation), while for all the subsequent years, the revenue deficit amount was being paid as per the 14th finance commission report.

The maximum amount that could be given for the pending period of 2014-15 is Rs 1600 crore, which we are ready to pay,” he said.

On the assistance for externally aided projects, Jaitley said as per the special financial package, it was decided that the Centre would bear 90 per cent of the loan component. “But the state said it would take a long time to get the loans from external agencies; and so, it wanted the loan amount to be routed through Nabard. But if it is done, it would result in additional fiscal deficit and reduce the borrowing limit of the state. So, we suggested that the state can float a special purpose vehicle to raise loans from Nabard, so that the Centre can bear the 90 per cent of the loan. It is for the state to decide,” he said.

He also said the GST refund being given to eight north-east states and three Himalayan states cannot be given to Andhra Pradesh, as there were several other states more backward than AP and they would all make the same demand. “We need funds for the country’s security also. How can we adjust funds?” he said.

Jaitely said the Centre would not succumb to any kind of pressure tactics. “Sentiments and agitations cannot change the rules and regulations of the devolution of funds and there would be no additional funds just because of agitations,” he said.

Jaitley’s remarks drew a sharp comment from the TDP with Andhra Pradesh agriculture minister S Chandramohan Reddy describing them as disappointing.

“The Centre has shown least concern towards Andhra Pradesh. It has hurt the sentiments of the people,” he said in Delhi.

Arun Jaitley says govt can’t grant special status to Andhra, will give financial aid | india news | Hindustan Times

• Agree
Actually numbers are quite encouraging for BJP. I was expecting much worse ??.

Rajasthan can be retained, if BJP can overcome it's love for maharani - It's Cumbersome &. Congress may opt for Sachin pilot and then Ashok gehlot may not let her win Rajasthan. :D

Rajasthan can be retained, if BJP can overcome it's love for maharani - It's Cumbersome &. Congress may opt for Sachin pilot and then Ashok gehlot may not let her win Rajasthan. :D
Forget about retaining Rajasthan. I'll be happy if BJP gets 10 seats from Rajasthan in 2019 ?.