Indian Political Discussion

Rajasthan can be retained, if BJP can overcome it's love for maharani - It's Cumbersome &. Congress may opt for Sachin pilot and then Ashok gehlot may not let her win Rajasthan. :D

A lot of things "can" happen - Rajasthan would take a minor miracle to retain, but it "can" be done. Provided certain things happen. As far as Vasundhara is concerned, yea, she's one of the reasons why BJP is facing these setbacks, but the problem is she is said to command several MLA's, and if she isn't named CM candidate, she may end up splitting the party like Yeddyurappa did in 2013, which would be a disaster.

Still, I guess we'll see what happens. Also, in order to retain RAJ-MP-CH, it's absolutely crucial that BJP beats Congress in Karnataka. A win there would kill all of Congress's momentum and choke them dry of funds.

• Informative
Reactions: Parul
BJP needs a new Jaat face for Rajasthan who is acceptable to large number of jaats.

That's true, especially now that Sanwar Lal Jat is dead. I'm guessing their best bet is to try and poach some, only problem being, Rajasthan is one of the few states where things actually seem good for Congress - so it won't be a cakewalk to poach their leaders.

If BJP can win Karnataka, leading to a major fund crunch for Congress, that would put BJP in a good position to wean away some Jat leaders.

How does it matter.

In 2019 Indians will be voting for or against Modi.

Isn't that obvious by now?

Cheers, Doc
it matters because
"i dont want Modi" is not what we will get at 2019
we will get "instead of Modi it will be <insert name>"

voting is between options.. who is the other options and what is the case for them? why should someone vote for them? this is not a rhetorical question.. I want to get answers on this genuinely . what is the alternative candidate and his/her view points

• Agree
Reactions: Parul and Bali78
chacha chaudhry? -> Manmohan Singh?
who is the PM candidate from Congress in 2019?

They've got nobody left to put up. Rahul is a 50 year old child, and a slow one at that. His sister is better but good luck getting into office with the husband shaped baggage that is Robert Vadra. Chidambaram and his kid are probably headed to jail eventually. MMS already had a historically disastrous 2nd term and will forever be remembered as a mute spectator and puppet in the hands of Sonia. Tharoor still isn't in the clear over his wife's murder. Mani Shankar Aiyyar is a huge asset for Modi and Jairam Ramesh made startling remarks about the Congress not too long ago. Any leaders of merit who could have ever challenged the Gandhis either died mysteriously or got disrespected/pushed out. Who is left?

• Agree
Reactions: Bali78
it matters because
"i dont want Modi" is not what we will get at 2019
we will get "instead of Modi it will be <insert name>"

voting is between options.. who is the other options and what is the case for them? why should someone vote for them? this is not a rhetorical question.. I want to get answers on this genuinely . what is the alternative candidate and his/her view points

A lot of the Modi brigade would like to get an answer to this question. Not suggesting you belong.

But let me repeat.

A significant section of India will vote "anyone but Modi"

It does not matter whether we are thrown back into a coalition era.

I personally will vote for the Congress. Most who do not want Modi, will do the same at the national level. Because there is no other party with the same pan India scale.

Cheers, Doc

They've got nobody left to put up. Rahul is a 50 year old child, and a slow one at that. His sister is better but good luck getting into office with the husband shaped baggage that is Robert Vadra. Chidambaram and his kid are probably headed to jail eventually. MMS already had a historically disastrous 2nd term and will forever be remembered as a mute spectator and puppet in the hands of Sonia. Tharoor still isn't in the clear over his wife's murder. Mani Shankar Aiyyar is a huge asset for Modi and Jairam Ramesh made startling remarks about the Congress not too long ago. Any leaders of merit who could have ever challenged the Gandhis either died mysteriously or got disrespected/pushed out. Who is left?

Rahul ji is 47.

Cheers, Doc

It does not matter whether we are thrown back into a coalition era.

I personally will vote for the Congress.
ok. if lets say a significant portion of the electorate votes this way, what/who are the possibilities for the PM candidacy?

I believe this is how the people see from the center/right of center view.

I would like to know what people from the left view of the above options or of other options.
Rahul Gandhi?
Mani Shankar?
Tharoor -> in my books, this guy could be a good option but I have no idea on his stance on economic policies
chidambaram -> looks messy

who else?
Mulayamsingh?
Mamta bannerjee?

other options from the center right? (not extreme right)
Chandra Babu?
Arun Jaitley?
Sushma Swaraj?

I believe this is how the people see from the center/right of center view.

I would like to know what people from the left view of the above options or of other options.
Rahul Gandhi?
Mani Shankar?
Tharoor -> in my books, this guy could be a good option but I have no idea on his stance on economic policies
chidambaram -> looks messy

who else?
Mulayamsingh?
Mamta bannerjee?

other options from the center right? (not extreme right)
Chandra Babu?
Arun Jaitley?
Sushma Swaraj?

Ok, then I will limit myself to answering your question about other options from the right - there's no question of anyone else. And if BJP buckles in front of allies or internal camps that are anti-Modi, and makes the monumental mistake of picking anyone else, then it will quickly begin to face reversals; and eventually squander its majority completely and end up where it was before; and then it won't be able to rise up because most left wingers will continue not to touch BJP, but a lot of centrists wooed by the Modi wave will ignore it henceforth and most importantly, a sizable chunk of the Right Wing vote will be lost for good to new emerging RW options. There are some suave, milder faces like Nitish, Jaitley, Swaraj, Rajnath etc; but none of them will be able to lead BJP to the heights Modi has.

Make no mistake, 2014 was a Modi wave, not a BJP wave, and was far more due to how horrendous, corrupt, weak and incompetent Congress was; not because BJP was that brilliant.

His sister is a copy of Indira. She has many lovers and all that is well known especially in the cocktail circles of Lutyens Delhi. Mukt Bhogi hai. Shaadi sirf naam kee hai. Husband bhi sirf dikhanay kay liyeh hai.

If you guys have followed the Nirav Modi scam, you will realise how Jai-Italyji has sabotaged NaMo and BJP. He is getting elected again to RS which ensures six years of bliss with no accountability as he can't face electorate just like MMS. nearly all of Lutyens Mafia gets elected to RS only and become ministers.

• Agree
ok. if lets say a significant portion of the electorate votes this way, what/who are the possibilities for the PM candidacy?

Rahul ji obviously.

I believe he has the blood. He'll be fine.

Couldn't be worse than what we have currently, in a pinch.

Cheers, Doc

Ok, then I will limit myself to answering your question about other options from the right - there's no question of anyone else. And if BJP buckles in front of allies or internal camps that are anti-Modi, and makes the monumental mistake of picking anyone else, then it will quickly begin to face reversals; and eventually squander its majority completely and end up where it was before; and then it won't be able to rise up because most left wingers will continue not to touch BJP, but a lot of centrists wooed by the Modi wave will ignore it henceforth and most importantly, a sizable chunk of the Right Wing vote will be lost for good to new emerging RW options. There are some suave, milder faces like Nitish, Jaitley, Swaraj, Rajnath etc; but none of them will be able to lead BJP to the heights Modi has.

Make no mistake, 2014 was a Modi wave, not a BJP wave, and was far more due to how horrendous, corrupt, weak and incompetent Congress was; not because BJP was that brilliant.

Difference between 2014 and 2019 is 5 years of reality.

Cheers, Doc