Indian Political Discussion

They could try that, would solve their Pilot-Gehlot dilemma in Rajasthan too; can't say how well that'd end for them in terms of election results though.
Sachin pilot for PM?? How many people know him outside Rajasthan??

When Rajiv Gandhi died, there were 5 options for the position of PM. PV Narasimha Rao, Sharad power, Arjun Singh, Pranab mukherjee and Madhav Rao Scindia. Except Pranab, all came from state level and built their positions at Delhi. Under Sonia Gandhi, no state level leader was ever allowed to grow to safeguard Rahul and that's the reason today there are no national level leaders in Congress. After Sonia Gandhi, it won't take much time for Congress, to break down into regional parties, in remaining states!!

Reactions: Parul and RATHORE
Sachin pilot for PM?? How many people know him outside Rajasthan??

When Rajiv Gandhi died, there were 5 options for the position of PM. PV Narasimha Rao, Sharad power, Arjun Singh, Pranab mukherjee and Madhav Rao Scindia. Except Pranab, all came from state level and built their positions at Delhi. Under Sonia Gandhi, no state level leader was ever allowed to grow to safeguard Rahul and that's the reason today there are no national level leaders in Congress. After Sonia Gandhi, it won't take much time for Congress, to break down into regional parties, in remaining states!!

For me, a dream scenario would be the following:

> BJP (likely by allying with JDS) comes to power in Karnataka
> Months later, BJP comfortably routs Congress in Mizoram; and defends all 3 incumbent states due to Congress losing momentum, funds (and maybe some leaders) after Karnataka.
> BJP gets Amarinder to either branch off and become his own thing officially, or finds a way to co-opt him. The fact that he and Modi have a good relationship, Modi stood with him and for him during the Trudeau visit, they have the same stance on a lot of issues, and the additional fact that Amarinder's son-in-law is under the scanner for corruption; are all reasons why this is actually possible.

If this happens, Congress will quickly be finished off as an opposition party in the few states where it may still have a decent presence; and then it'll only be found in history books.

They could try that, would solve their Pilot-Gehlot dilemma in Rajasthan too; can't say how well that'd end for them in terms of election results though.
In the end, it will be the pidi i.e the older pidi who will be the driving force, the old hand on the wheel, the face behind the mask..... and so on; as we saw during the reign of the pusillanimous sardarji. Although I am sure AICC will in fact choose pappu given their almost religious belief that the pidi are the rightful rulers of this country and their prince their long awaited savior.

Let me repeat.

I am not voting for Rahul ji.

I am voting against Modi.

Cheers, Doc

Or you could just not vote, if your only problem is with Modi. If you are gonna vote Rahul, do it, but don't make up excuses. A vote for Congress is a vote for Congress, a vote for Rahul is a vote for Rahul.

In the end, it will be the pidi i.e the older pidi who will be the driving force, the old hand on the wheel, the face behind the mask..... and so on; as we saw from during the reign of the pusillanimous sardarji. Although I am sure AICC will in fact choose pappu given their almost religious belief that the pidi are the rightful rulers of this country and their prince their long awaited savior.

Doubt Sachin would take the job anyways, I'm sure he remembers what happened to Rajesh Pilot when he started getting too big for the Gandhis' comfort.

Or you could just not vote, if your only problem is with Modi. If you are gonna vote Rahul, do it, but don't make up excuses. A vote for Congress is a vote for Congress, a vote for Rahul is a vote for Rahul.

Lol

Is an American telling an Indian how to vote?

Seriously?

You should comment on forums. And leave the voting to Indians.

Cheers, Doc

Lol

Is an American telling an Indian how to vote?

Seriously?

You should comment on forums. And leave the voting to Indians.

Cheers, Doc

Nope, I'm telling you to cut the bullshit, and tell the truth. Voting for Rahul Gandhi isn't the only way to not vote for Modi, so if you're gonna vote for him, vote for him, but don't hide behind the "I just don't want to vote for Modi" shield.

Also, no matter how distasteful you find Modi, I'd say voting for RaGa is like trying to cure a headache with a shotgun blast to the head; but hey if you're suicidal, you're suicidal.

For me, a dream scenario would be the following:

> BJP (likely by allying with JDS) comes to power in Karnataka
> Months later, BJP comfortably routs Congress in Mizoram; and defends all 3 incumbent states due to Congress losing momentum, funds (and maybe some leaders) after Karnataka.
> BJP gets Amarinder to either branch off and become his own thing officially, or finds a way to co-opt him. The fact that he and Modi have a good relationship, Modi stood with him and for him during the Trudeau visit, they have the same stance on a lot of issues, and the additional fact that Amarinder's son-in-law is under the scanner for corruption; are all reasons why this is actually possible.

If this happens, Congress will quickly be finished off as an opposition party in the few states where it may still have a decent presence; and then it'll only be found in history books.
I hate Congress. But I don't want it to be finished. I just want this mother-son duo to be out of Congress. If there is no national level opposition party, there will be 2 outcomes. After Modi, BJP might become too arrogant and might indulge in corruption. Otherwise, regional parties will join forces to form government and loot central funds. Since they are answerable to only their folks and need not care about national level issues, external affairs and defence will get major blows. So the best option will be Congress minus Gandhi family, with some smart visionary leader.

I didn't know about that. What happened?

He was one of many popular/senior non-Gandhi, Congress leaders over the years who died under strange circumstances before they could pose a serious threat to the Gandhis' control over Congress.

The list is long enough to where it seems kind of fishy; especially after everything that has come out post-Lal Bahadur Shastri's death.

Reactions: Parul and Bali78
Nope, I'm telling you to cut the bullshit, and tell the truth. Voting for Rahul Gandhi isn't the only way to not vote for Modi, so if you're gonna vote for him, vote for him, but don't hide behind the "I just don't want to vote for Modi" shield.

Also, no matter how distasteful you find Modi, I'd say voting for RaGa is like trying to cure a headache with a shotgun blast to the head; but hey if you're suicidal, you're suicidal.

Not voting just means an extra unopposed vote for Modi.

A 5th std kid would get that.

Even Rahul ji would.

Cheers, Doc

I hate Congress. But I don't want it to be finished. I just want this mother-son duo to be out of Congress. If there is no national level opposition party, there will be 2 outcomes. After Modi, BJP might become too arrogant and might indulge in corruption. Otherwise, regional parties will join forces to form government and loot central funds. Since they are answerable to only their folks and need not care about national level issues, external affairs and defence will get major blows. So the best option will be Congress minus Gandhi family, with some smart visionary leader.

I want it to be more or less comprehensively destroyed in its current form, and forced to rebuild from the ground up, into a decent, nationalistic party that is truly secular and liberal, and isn't an enemy of Hindus.

PS: And obviously without the Gandhis anywhere in its vicinity, once it is rebuilt, it MUST be an actual, Democratic party.

Reactions: Parul and Bali78
Not voting just means an extra unopposed vote for Modi.

A 5th std kid would get that.

Even Rahul ji would.

Cheers, Doc

And a vote for RaGa is a vote for RaGa, I'm cautiously optimistic, that even Rahul Gandhi (might) understand that.

Thanks to Jai-Italyji, he has started the break up of NDA as a strike back for putting Chiddu and his son in jail who happen to be his mates from Lutyens Mafia.

He was one of many popular/senior non-Gandhi, Congress leaders over the years who died under strange circumstances before they could pose a serious threat to the Gandhis' control over Congress.

The list is long enough to where it seems kind of fishy; especially after everything that has come out post-Lal Bahadur Shastri's death.
It does seem a bit fishy. Perhaps Pilot may want to negotiate a MMS-Sonia-esque arrangement beforehand. But all this is moot.

@Bharath perhaps the question should be why would there be any need for a new leader when in the minds of all our liberal, secular, intelligentsia, said leader had already manifested 48 years ago.

And a vote for RaGa is a vote for RaGa, I'm cautiously optimistic, that even Rahul Gandhi (might) understand that.

The vote is to keep Modi n the BJP out.

The Congress is the best bet. To run the country.

If it's Rahul ji or someone else does not matter.

The chronology of the choice above is the key.

I'll keep trying to get it across to someone who is a citizen of a Presidential democracy.

Cheers, Doc

The vote is to keep Modi n the BJP out.

The Congress is the best bet. To run the country.

If it's Rahul ji or someone else does not matter.

The chronology of the choice above is the key.

I'll keep trying to get it across to someone who is a citizen of a Presidential democracy.

Cheers, Doc

Sure lol, dress it up however you'd like.