Indian Political Discussion

Your idea of peace and equality is to make a retard as a PM and bring thugs like Chidambaram back in power to implement rules like 80:20 to convert black to white eh!

Flagging economy? You know I read a lot of posters here with interest but it only takes a couple of posts to filter out the self obsessed ones who peddle their ignorance as something mysterious perched on a higher pedestal.
Your 'flagging economy' canard can and will be demolished by any of various educated and informed posters here and though your concerns for our industrial doldrums is commendable ( sleeping for last 10 years?) wrapping your biases in misplaced concern to reboot something is not.

cheers doc

A "retard" PM ( as if the one we have is Albert Einstein) and a "thug" FM (as opposed to the BCom scooter Walla in office currently) is acceptable to me.

The communal agenda of the BJP and the Sangh parivar and what it is doing to our society is not.

Cheers, Doc

The division of Andhra was done by an act of Parliament which accepted to give special status to Andhra minus Telangana. Now how can BJP insist on the recommendation of Finance Panel to deny Andhra the special status? Who is our FM and why has he given such a stupid advice to NaMo? Who is superior? parliament or Finance Panel? Jai Ho.
I come from Hyderabad. I can tell you that granting special status to AP was more of a political move than an economic one.

the reason AP asked for special status is loss of revenue from losing Hyderabad.
special status to a state in India is accorded on basis of economic backwardness.

Andhra Pradesh - even without hyderabad - is in no way more backward than say a Bihar or UP. why should there be a "special status" just because its a political decision by MMS to gain votes from AP?

A finance panel will be able to decide how much economic loss has been sustained and associated compensation can be adjusted based on the loss.

this continuous cycle of people and states demanding special status and easy money is pretty bad for the entire nation. we should be fighting to become the top most people and the special status should be given for good performance - this will result in people putting energies to grow. instead we have people and states vying for how downtrodden they are or how backward they are.

A "retard" PM ( as if the one we have is Albert Einstein) and a "thug" FM (as opposed to the BCom scooter Walla in office currently) is acceptable to me.

The communal agenda of the BJP and the Sangh parivar and what it is doing to our society is not.

Cheers, Doc

I fear the "retard" PM and the "Thug" FM will leave no society to protect anymore.
only people fighting with the govt to be included in the "most backward list", wanting to be backward for the freebies and easy life (no comptetive exams, no merit based growth - you grow because you are backward).

anecdotally - the LCA/LCH/INSAS etc that Indian PSUs build seem to be only 40% capable of their couterparts - thats cos the remaining 60% is reserved category.

I fear the "retard" PM and the "Thug" FM will leave no society to protect anymore.
only people fighting with the govt to be included in the "most backward list", wanting to be backward for the freebies and easy life (no comptetive exams, no merit based growth - you grow because you are backward).

anecdotally - the LCA/LCH/INSAS etc that Indian PSUs build seem to be only 40% capable of their couterparts - thats cos the remaining 60% is reserved category.

We will all have to think about what we want, prioritize per our own unique situation, and then vote.

Congress for me.

Cheers, Doc

By the way, is it true that DU has no record of Narendra bhai's attendance (ever) or alleged "degree"?

Not claiming that not having one is an exclusion, but why lie?

Cheers, Doc

By the way, is it true that DU has no record of Narendra bhai's attendance (ever) or alleged "degree"?

Not claiming that not having one is an exclusion, but why lie?

Cheers, Doc
is this even an issue? Sonia Gandhi claimed she went to cambridge university on an affidavit. why lie?

please doc, lets discuss actual issues and not these red herrings. Is it possible for you to articulate why Rahul Gandhi is better than Modi on which issues? I know its not easy to talk about all policies, we can start with one and go from there.

Here is my issue with Rahul Gandhi:
his constant disapperances to Italy or some unknown place even when his party needs his leadership puts a question on his priorities. its ok for him to go visit his family on Holi - but what if India is in the middle of a WTO crisis or a trade war and he decides to do the same?

I come from Hyderabad. I can tell you that granting special status to AP was more of a political move than an economic one.

the reason AP asked for special status is loss of revenue from losing Hyderabad.
special status to a state in India is accorded on basis of economic backwardness.

Andhra Pradesh - even without hyderabad - is in no way more backward than say a Bihar or UP. why should there be a "special status" just because its a political decision by MMS to gain votes from AP?

A finance panel will be able to decide how much economic loss has been sustained and associated compensation can be adjusted based on the loss.

this continuous cycle of people and states demanding special status and easy money is pretty bad for the entire nation. we should be fighting to become the top most people and the special status should be given for good performance - this will result in people putting energies to grow. instead we have people and states vying for how downtrodden they are or how backward they are.
I have very high regards for CBN as an administrator. People of Odisha will never forget his help during 1999 super cyclone. But at the same time he somehow cannot control his urge for corruption (YSR/KCR are equally or more corrupt) and he is a spend thrift in general. Even without Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh is far richer than Odisha, Chattishgarh, Jharkhand and Bihar. So why should Andhra gets special status and these poor states should not? It's a slippery slope.

is this even an issue? Sonia Gandhi claimed she went to cambridge university on an affidavit. why lie?

please doc, lets discuss actual issues and not these red herrings. Is it possible for you to articulate why Rahul Gandhi is better than Modi on which issues? I know its not easy to talk about all policies, we can start with one and go from there.

Here is my issue with Rahul Gandhi:
his constant disapperances to Italy or some unknown place even when his party needs his leadership puts a question on his priorities. its ok for him to go visit his family on Holi - but what if India is in the middle of a WTO crisis or a trade war and he decides to do the same?

Was just asking. Wasn't an issue. And Sonia is not India's PM. Modi is.

Attendance?

We have a PM famous for being abroad racking up frequent flier miles than being in country.

When he's in country, he's more often than not on the campaign trail. Some guys have actually done a detailed breakdown.

Tell me. He's the PM. Of the union. Should he be campaigning for his party in state polls?

I find it very distasteful to be honest. Especially when we are hit by economic brain farts, and then we see an absentee/campaigning PM.

In comparison, I hardly think an Italian or Bolivian or Phuket downtime could hurt any worse.

Cheers, Doc

We have a PM famous for being abroad racking up frequent flier miles than being in country.
that was part of his job.
When he's in country, he's more often than not on the campaign trail. Some guys have actually done a detailed breakdown.
he is still part of a political party. also,
1)his campaign trails keep him clued and rooted to the actual ground work in each state.
2)it also gives the pubic and the press the chance to ask him about his policies openly and
3)it gives a chance for the public to vote his party in or out based on his performance.
4) I would rather have a PM who is also interested in knowing the issues and interests of each state so he is not blinded to them

Tell me. He's the PM. Of the inion. Should he be campaigning for his party in state polls?

thats the nature of our democracy. The best solution is to combine all polls - state and national into one exercise and then we can all breathe easy after that.

@vsdoc as much as it may appear that I am supporting one party over the other, I am providing only my logical reasoning as to what I do not like in Rahul Gandhi. from the congress, I would prefer shashi tharoor over Rahul Gandhi.

@vsdoc as much as it may appear that I am supporting one party over the other, I am providing only my logical reasoning as to what I do not like in Rahul Gandhi. from the congress, I would prefer shashi tharoor over Rahul Gandhi.

I have some experience with dynasties.

I've found that blood always rises to the top.

It needs to be groomed. And given time.

In the end the PM is just the head of a team.

Do you really think Tharoor can lead the Congress, before he can lead the nation?

Remember, flowery English has a limited audience.

Look at this forum as a microcosm of that.

Cheers, Doc

I have some experience with dynasties.

I've found that blood always rises to the top.

It needs to be groomed. And given time.

In the end the PM is just the head of a team.

Do you really think Tharoor can lead the Congress, before he can lead the nation?

Remember, flowery English has a limited audience.

Look at this forum as a microcosm of that.

Cheers, Doc

Why need democracy then? All hail the king !!

Bow to the blood !!

Why need democracy then? All hail the king !!

Bow to the blood !!

I think this is not about dynasty at all.

Let's call a spade a spade.

While Indira and Rajiv were seen as Indians, Rahul is not.

Things would have still been ok if Rajiv was still living.

He was the acceptable Indian son, handing over to his son.

But since he was killed, the Indian public is now like the proverbial in laws giving the widow and the kids of their dead son a tough time.

Ideally they would like to throw them out of their home.

But since they can't, they'll settle for the next best thing.

All hail barely concealed Indian racism and the family drama!

Cheers, Doc

But since he was killed, the Indian public is now like the proverbial in laws giving the widow and the kids of their dead son a tough time.

Cheers, Doc

Oh please, that's a tonne of BS. It's all about who is fit for the job or not. Rahul isn't, Sonia wasn't, even Rajeev wasn't - and it always shows. Your "blood to the top" is frankly nonsense, a quick look at any ruling dynasty or powerful family ever would quickly dispel your notion.

What you are doing here is artificially manufacturing a case of victimization on behalf of RaGa and his mom, and if these are the terms in which you view politics and the 2019 elections, like some sort of Hindi tv soap, then I'm not surprised you're voting Congress.

Let me guess, is Modi the evil old father in law or something, in your little serial?

Tumme neele passport ki kami hai.

Cheers, Doc

Doesn't matter, I'm a full blooded Indian - and far less prone to any sort of foreign squeeze than Sonia Gandhi or her children. If sycophants had no trouble with Sonia Gandhi becoming head of the Party, and indeed some even wanted her to become PM - which she de facto did; and if it's all about blood in the end; then not only should I be entitled to rule India, but my claim is actually better than the Gandhi-Nehru dynasty.

My family actually has a history of ruling within India, where were the Nehru-Gandhis before they were heaped on this country by the Mahatma?

See the flimsiness of your arguments yet?

because his mother is not of Indian Origin.

That's exactly what I said.

The pappu thing is a hauvva.

If a Parsi is still not Indian enough after 13 centuries, poor Sonia and her kids don't stand a chance.

Especially since even half the Indian half is Parsi.

Cheers, Doc

Cheers, Doc

Yes yes, had it been the father to son transfer of throne, I too would have hailed the Yuvraj.

Go and sleep doc. You are projecting a very abhor-able picture of Indian society, which it is not. In fact its opposite to what you have quoted.

Reactions: RATHORE