Indian Political Discussion

remember the crack the BJP guy made about how nobly they had been tolerant in living with the southies?

Similarly the anti south sentiment with regard to skin color and language has always been there, but suble and kept under wraps (the madrasi thing ....

Completely agree with these points often I wonder how SI would have been treated if current situation is reversed with north in a better position and SI had backward states.

Reactions: vsdoc
Check your facts, TN is the most industrialized state in India and ranks second in revenue collection (was ranked 3rd befored bifurcation of AP).

These are the 5 most industrialised states in India

One has to give credit to TN, for all the corrupt politicians that it produces they sure take care of the interests of the state.

Then what is the problem? You are doing great, that means you will pay more taxes, No? This also works at individual level. Why use this as an excuse to do regional politics?

Reactions: RATHORE
Completely agree with these points often I wonder how SI would have been treated if current situation is reversed with north in a better position and SI had backward states.

When has the South ever held pan India power in the past 5000 years?

This is not a new thing. Nor is it unique to the Republic of India either.

One way to probably negate the influence of the north on Indian politics at the center is to either have a pan south Indian party or to vote for a national party that is not overtly pro north.

Cheers, Doc

Last edited:
I am a Maharashtrian.

And while I have advocated incentivising good performing states, I have no patience for loose separatism talk that actually has regional hate based political basis.

I am Maharashtrian too.

Who here is even drifting towards "loose talk of separatism"?

Or is it only ok to divide India into Hindu and non Hindu, but not appreciate regional aspirations and imbalances?

Cheers, Doc

Reactions: Itachi
I was surprised too. But, it looks like Maharashtra tops in Industrial output whereas TN has most industries.

What is the meaning of "most industries"?

Is it companies or density?

Even the auto hub is now Maharashtra (it used to be TN).

Cheers, Doc

I am Maharashtrian too.

Who here is even drifting towards "loose talk of separatism"?

Or is it only ok to divide India into Hindu and non Hindu, but not appreciate regional aspirations and imbalances?

Cheers, Doc

Read

Dumbest statement.. But the probability of SI demanding to be an independent country cant be over ruled if the central govt which is mostly north indian keeps on neglecting the south while draining our resources.

And pls give ur hindu bashing a rest for a while. There is nothing wrong with regional aspirations, let's stick to that.

And pls give ur hindu bashing a rest for a while. There is nothing wrong with regional aspirations, let's stick to that.

I cannot read twitter.

And I strongly protest that statement by Itachi.

As I do your insinuation that I am bashing Hindus. Or are south Indians not Hindu enough?

Cheers, Doc

Then what is the problem? You are doing great, that means you will pay more taxes, No? This also works at individual level. Why use this as an excuse to do regional politics?

Read my post clearly, I was pointing at how these states were being put at disadvantage bcz of the regional politics played in delhi and how uncontrolled population explosion in UP and bihar will create trouble for the nation in future.

I cannot read twitter.

And I strongly protest that statement by Itachi.

As I do your insinuation that I am bashing Hindus. Or are south Indians not Hindu enough?

Cheers, Doc

This has nothing to do with religion FFS. You are bringing it in for bashing. So stop this despicable behaviour pls.

This has nothing to do with religion FFS. You are bringing it in for bashing. So stop this despicable behaviour pls.

Stop projecting.

You are bringing in the Hindu angle.

The discussion between me and Itachi was clearly regional. North vs South.

Please do not play these games with me.

Cheers, Doc

Read my post clearly, I was pointing at how these states were being put at disadvantage bcz of the regional politics played in delhi and how uncontrolled population explosion in UP and bihar will create trouble for the nation in future.

It should be addressed without resorting to separatism talk.

As a Maharshtrian I an certainly give that advice, after all we contribute more to the country than you.

Reactions: Bali78 and RATHORE
@Itachi

You know what really pisses me off. Its how openly Modi is pandering to his home state.

Sure he is a Gujarati. But bhai, you have been elected PM of the country by the entire country. Kuch to sharam karo!

You are talking about big things like railway lines. Forget that.

Even something like Aadhaar linking work has been given to some arbit agricultural institution of Gujarat.

Imagine my surprise when I went through the links and read the name ....

Leaves a very low class cheapo taste in the mouth to be honest.

Cheers, Doc

Reactions: Itachi
It should be addressed without resorting to separatism talk.

As a Maharshtrian I an certainly give that advice, after all we contribute more to the country than you.

Not to mention, it's not like Maharashtra is a typical out-and-out North Indian state like UP, it sits in the middle, sharing borders with North and South Indian states, sharing many characteristics with both, yet I never hear this sort of soft separatism talk coming from Marathis...

Not to mention, it's not like Maharashtra is a typical out-and-out North Indian state, it sits in the middle, sharing borders with North and South Indian states, sharing many characteristics with both, yet I never hear this sort of talk coming from Marathis...

Because we own India.

And India today has survived as a Hindu civilization because of us.

There is a reason we are called Maha Rashtra.

We are the most militant Hindu state in the country.

Yet we are not jhopadpatti class tuccha harkats when it comes to Muslims.

There is a reason the Shiv Sena is disgusted with the BJP. As are all regional Maharashtrian parties. And it has nothing to do with them being in power either.

Cheers, Doc