Indian Political Discussion

It should be addressed without resorting to separatism talk.

As a Maharshtrian I an certainly give that advice, after all we contribute more to the country than you.

Good for you and you are awarded projects the same way for your contribution. Is it the same for SI ? The first bullet train runs between mumbai and ahmedabad, will the second bullet train be built in SI ? after all people travelling between bang-chennai/ chennai-huderabad/bang-hyd far exceeds than the travel between any two cities in India. Our over crowded bus stations are a clear example of this.

The DMIC is almost at the end of completiotion where as the similar industtrial corridor in SI is still a non starter.

• Agree
Reactions: vsdoc
Stop projecting.

You are bringing in the Hindu angle.

The discussion between me and Itachi was clearly regional. North vs South.

Please do not play these games with me.

Cheers, Doc

Yes I am, under the guise of discussing regional issues is talking about love jihad and beef and Vedic knowledge right? You are just a mega troll who can not contribute anything without expressing your personal bigotry and frustrations.

@nair can u ask mega troll to not diss Hindus in every thread pls. What has revenue allocation got to do with love jihad, beef or Vedic knowledge? Or bashing Hindus is ok?

Because we own India.

And India today has survived as a Hindu civilization because of us.

There is a reason we are called Maha Rashtra.

We are the most militant Hindu state in the country.

Yet we are not jhopadpatti class tuccha harkats when it comes to Muslims.

There is a reason the Shiv Sena is disgusted with the BJP. As are all regional Maharashtrian parties. And it has nothing to do with them being in power either.

Cheers, Doc

Because of Parsis?

Good for you and you are awarded projects the same way for your contribution. Is it the same for SI ? The first bullet train runs between mumbai and ahmedabad, will the second bullet train be built in SI ? after all people travelling between bang-chennai/ chennai-huderabad/bang-hyd far exceeds than the travel between any two cities in India. Our over crowded bus stations are a clear example of this.

I can vouch for Bangalore Chennai.

Cheers, Doc

Reactions: Itachi
Yet we are not jhopadpatti class tuccha harkats when it comes to Muslims.

There is a reason the Shiv Sena is disgusted with the BJP. As are all regional Maharashtrian parties. And it has nothing to do with them being in power either.

1) Shiv Sena is wayyyyy worse when it comes to that than BJP, not to mention, Shiv Sena used to have a different enemy every day; Muslims, Gujaratis, North Indian laborers, South Indians. Sooner or later that needle would've fallen on Parsis too, so you should pipe down.

2) It has everything to do with power, just about every political party is power hungry, and Shiv Sena is even more so, to the point where they are ready to possibly work with Congress and NCP, all because they can't digest the fact that BJP doesn't play the "little brother" role in Maharashtra now.

Not to mention, it's not like Maharashtra is a typical out-and-out North Indian state like UP, it sits in the middle, sharing borders with North and South Indian states, sharing many characteristics with both, yet I never hear this sort of soft separatism talk coming from Marathis...

Yes, and this despite the English media amplifying every silly thing shiv sena and MNS say. Mind you these regional parties have never won in Maharashtra on a regional plank and they never dare utter one separatist word. It is against our DNA. We are nationalists and our regional aspirations are subservient to our nationalism.

I hate separatist talk. All regional disputes must be handled democratically and constitutionally. Separatism is unconstitutional.

VSDOC is parsee not a Martha or Marathi. He has no clue what he is saying. His communities contribution is unmatched, but does not make him a Maratha. Most Marathas have never met a parsee.

Reactions: Bali78 and RATHORE
Yes I am, under the guise of discussing regional issues is talking about love jihad and beef and Vedic knowledge right?

None of that has anything to do with dissing Hinduism, but Hindutva.

The two are not interchangeable.

Hindutva is a fascist ideology that has little to do with Hinduism. And as it is an ideology that is exerting political influence over the nation and our society at large, as the driving ideology behind the party in power at the center and most Indian states, it would be pretty absurd if you have a Indian Politics section where it is not discussed, for and against.

The day I start bad mouthing your faith, your Gods, your customs, feel free to complain.

Cheers, Doc

Stop projecting.

You are bringing in the Hindu angle.

The discussion between me and Itachi was clearly regional. North vs South.

Please do not play these games with me.

Cheers, Doc

Itachi is a christian. A Mallu christian (probably a syrian christian)

His north south divide is to camouflage his anti Hindu sentiment he has for the North.

You will never find a south Indian Hindu talk this way.

‘Is Cardinal The King?’ Asks Kerala High Court, Orders FIR Against Syro-Malabar Church Head Over Land Deal

‘Is Cardinal The King?’ Asks Kerala High Court, Orders FIR Against Syro-Malabar Church Head Over Land Deal
OUTLOOK WEB BUREAU

cardinal_630_630.jpg

The court on Tuesday came down heavily on the Cardinal asking whether the "Cardinal is the King". The Cardinal's counsel had earlier told the court that as far as the Cardinal is concerned, the Pope is the appellate authority. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Because of Marathas.

And my ancestors from both sides have fought with them, in their Gujarat campaigns. Raising treasure and standing armies. Zoroastrian soldiers, Zoroastrian generals.

I am a Maratha.

Cheers, Doc

Sure, Marathas had a significant role to play in that, though no group is single handedly responsible for the survival of India or Hinduism; it took plenty of assorted tribes and groups. As for your ancestors, I've never heard of any such thing, I'd read of Muslims in Shivaji's army, but not Parsis; nonetheless good on you if that's true.

Doesn't make you a Maratha though.

Yes, and this despite the English media amplifying every silly thing shiv sena and MNS say. Mind you these regional parties have never won in Maharashtra on a regional plank and they never dare utter one separatist word. It is against our DNA. We are nationalists and our regional aspirations are subservient to our nationalism.

I hate separatist talk. All regional disputes must be handled democratically and constitutionally. Separatism is unconstitutional.

100% agreed. I say if Marathis or South Indians or anyone else have concerns, they ought to be heard and resolved through our established democratic means. But there's no question of separatism.

Itachi is a christian. A Mallu christian (probably a syrian christian)

His north south divide is to camouflage his anti Hindu sentiment he has for the North.

You will never find a south Indian Hindu talk this way.

I have already made my stand on separatism amply clear.

Does not mean I do not agree with him on other points.

Cheers, Doc

Hindutva is a fascist ideology that has little to do with Hinduism. And as it is an ideology that is exerting political influence over the nation and our society at large, as the driving ideology behind the party in power at the center and most Indian states, it would be pretty absurd if you have a Indian Politics section where it is not discussed, for and against.

The day I start bad mouthing your faith, your Gods, your customs, feel free to complain.

Cheers, Doc

And Shiv Sena, which you seem to have a soft corner for, they don't believe in Hindutva...?

Sure, Marathas had a significant role to play in that, though no group is single handedly responsible for the survival of India or Hinduism; it took plenty of assorted tribes and groups. As for your ancestors, I've never heard of any such thing, I'd read of Muslims in Shivaji's army, but not Parsis; nonetheless good on you if that's true.

Doesn't make you a Maratha though.

Just because an arbit Indian origin American has not heard of something does not mean it did not happen.

I am a Maratha. And to rub it in your face, I am accepted as a Maratha by Hindu Marathas.

Does it matter what a gujju thinks or believes?

Cheers, Doc

1) Shiv Sena is wayyyyy worse when it comes to that than BJP, not to mention, Shiv Sena used to have a different enemy every day; Muslims, Gujaratis, North Indian laborers, South Indians. Sooner or later that needle would've fallen on Parsis too, so you should pipe down.

2) It has everything to do with power, just about every political party is power hungry, and Shiv Sena is even more so, to the point where they are ready to possibly work with Congress and NCP, all because they can't digest the fact that BJP doesn't play the "little brother" role in Maharashtra now.

DO you know why shiv sena is worse than BJP?

Because shiv sena was created by congress. And BJPs roots are in Maharashtra.

Reactions: RATHORE
Just because an arbit Indian origin American has not heard of something does not mean it did not happen.

I am a Maratha. And to rub it in your face, I am accepted as a Maratha by Hindu Marathas.

Does it matter what a gujju thinks or believes?

Cheers, Doc

What did I say? I said "nonetheless, if that is true, then good on you." I didn't say it didn't happen, just that it's not something that's commonly discussed when Shivaji or the Marathas come up.

And sure, I have no doubt, Marathas are a very large hearted people.

@RATHORE

And a BIG LOL to a Rajput thinking that India remained Hindu because of others including Marathas.

Please look into your history and the Muslim invaders.

Its embarrassing because we Marathas (our sahavan kuli families) actually have blood-ties to you.

Cheers, Doc

DO you know why shiv sena is worse than BJP?

Because shiv sena was created by congress. And BJPs roots are in Maharashtra.

Yup, to take on the labor unions. Whereas BJP/RSS have organic ideological roots in Maharashtra, they're not groups of hitmen created to do a political party's dirty work for it.

Reactions: Notsuperstitious

Cheers, Doc

@nair can we get did of the off topic trash pls. I mean only the posts for now.

We are discussing state revenue allocations.