Indian Political Discussion

LOL. Says the man who went around claiming his is a parsi and hence superior.

There is nothing wrong in a honest disclosure , there is everything wrong in hiding your identity when the talk is about identity. Do not attempt to cover up this subterfuge with a mask of "secularism". Only a thief has something to hide.

Well yes, I am very proud of my faith and our history and our people. Understandable.

But I do not talk to you or anyone else as a Hindu or a Muslim or a Christian.

I talk to you as Indians.

Till you start sub-herding.

Then all bets are off. But since I cannot sub-herd since I am the only Parsi around, I fight a different fight. On my own.

Cheers, Doc

Well yes, I am very proud of my faith and our history and our people. Understandable.

Then all bets are off. But since I cannot sub-herd since I am the only Parsi around, I fight a different fight. On my own.

Cheers, Doc

You just indulge in Hemming and Hawing

Cheers, Doc

When the talk is about relgion, one has to disclose one's own religion.

When the talk is about Identity, one has to disclose one own identity.

Its called FULL DISCLOSURE and is one of the standard ethical practices in the real world. Funny thing to be telling a doctor.

But its not surprise since doctors regularly take commission from the Medical Rep and promote their medicines.

When the talk is about relgion, one has to disclose one's own religion.

When the talk is about Identity, one has to disclose one own identity.

Its called FULL DISCLOSURE and is one of the standard ethical practices in the real world. Funny thing to be telling a doctor.

But its not surprise since doctors regularly take commission from the Medical Rep and promote their medicines.

Acha.

Now medical lectures from love guru.

Cheers, Doc

Because a Burka shows more than it reveals. Its a message. Its a stand. Its a social and cultural aberration.

I personal think it was a snidey from a cultural Maharashtrian against southies in general for not standing up to Muslims and Christians better.

I'm surprised though that you didn't say veil.

Cheers, Doc

@vsdoc Considering what MUSLIMS have done to PARSIS
It is Not really possible that you are a real parsi

Your Natural Affinity and allegiance should be with Hindus That is IF you really
want to reclaim Iran

Or else you are just a pretender

I personal think it was a snidey from a cultural Maharashtrian against southies in general for not standing up to Muslims and Christians better.

I'm surprised though that you didn't say veil.

Cheers, Doc

20% of marathi is from Persian. 0% of Malayalam is from persian.

In which parallel universe can a Marathi snide at a Malayalee ?

@vsdoc Considering what MUSLIMS have done to PARSIS
It is Not really possible that you are a real parsi

Your Natural Affinity and allegiance should be with Hindus That is IF you really
want to reclaim Iran

Or else you are just a pretender

Please explain how Hindus are going to help me and my people to "reclaim Iran"

We fought alongside you guys, in spite of our piddle fart numbers - and the fact that your leaders were so intimidated that we were asked to first lay down our arms before settling here.

Good thing we did not wait for permission before taking them up again.

So are we going to launch a joint attack to "reclaim Iran"?

Remember, we've given you Chiefs of all three arms. A Field Marshal. And led you to your only real comprehensive victory over Pakistan with the largest surrender since WWII and the breaking of their country.

What will you do? Or was all of this adjusted as tera sau varshon ka bhada?

Cheers, Doc

Oh common i didn't call for separate SI, I meant neglecting SI would cost Delhi and there would be occasional calls for separation if there demands aren't met or if feel that they are alienated. Will it turn in to a serious issue? I don't think so. During the height of TG movement some TRS members were talking on live TV that Hyderabad state shouldn't have joined India and Nizams rule would have been far better. Did they really mean it I don't think so. Did anyone take them seriously ? No. It was just a spur of moment. God forbid if a such a day comes I don't believe SI states will be together either.

I agree. The larger point is this separation of identity dehumanises the other. Its a play on the emotions of people. But it has no logical basis. The fact that SI contributes to North India would irritate them. But the fact that they probably contribute to the poor Andhraites of your state isn't supposed to irritate them. Fact is money goes from them to another poor person in both cases. So the real hidden meaning behind it is reinforcing the point that NI are the others but SI are a part of yours.

If I have to be very blunt. This is exactly what happened to separate AP and TG. You had Hyd together. Now they have separated from AP taking all the hyd city revenue. Now the region of Andhra is still the same. Its just a feeling of the AP ppl now that it doesn't have a bigger city. Fact is hyd is still there and you all can still go there and work there the same as before. There is no net difference in the lives of AP ppl. Its identity politics at its best.

Reactions: Bali78
I edited my initial post to make clear of what my real view is. I hold to the views that I made that delhi neglecting SI would be peril to its own stability.
I do agree on one of your points. Any arbitrary allocation of money to projects shouldn't be there. In case of bullet train, They should have made a comparative analysis of which route needs it most. Published it publicly with solid numbers. So thumbsup on that. Hopefully we mature democratically on these issues. You are entirely right in pointing it out. Opaque allocations are the basic reason which stirs all these questions up.

Reactions: Itachi and vsdoc
Fact is hyd is still there and you all can still go there and work there the same as before. There is no net difference in the lives of AP ppl. Its identity politics at its best.

Because it was capital, a lot of central and state government institutes would be housed there. As well as all the top colleges and other bodies like apex hospitals.

It would definitely make a difference to admissions, state quotas, domiciles, jobs, compensation under government rules, coverage, etc.

Cheers, Doc