Indian Political Discussion

1. Which goal post have I moved ? My exact quote was "majority of parsis who came in 5 ships were MEN"

You claimed that the Qissa said this.

I showed you that it did not.

Then you accepted families, but started playing on ship capacities and numbers.

The rest of your post is as tiresome as it is repetitive ...

Cheers, Doc

You are confusing Hinduism with GEnetic diversity.

Hindus have Varna to dilute the effect and affect of Jathi. To put Merit and Action OVER accident of birth and class.

Varna was introduced to establish a egalitarian society. To break the strangle hold of Jaathi and establish that every man/women can aspire to be someone they CHOOSE to be.

The corruption of Varna to "caste" was an aberration that was introduced into the society due to the damage done to the existing social and cultural fabric by the repeated invasion of this land.

When institutions that uphold these values are destroyed, its only the inertia of the society and culture that sustains them and then corruption is inevitable.

Do not mistake this corrupted form of "Caste" to be "Hindu" in origin. Its the reminisce of the Hindu way of life.

Jati or Caste is innately endogamous in nature.

That was the original argument. And it still stands.

You can aspire to anything. As long as you cannot marry across the lines that you aspire to, endogamy persists.

Cheers, Doc

It is you who is claiming that the sample size was taken only from khandala's when there is no evidence of any such thing. If this was the case, the study would have been discredited by the community itself and someone would have protested. There is no record of any such objection.

Khandyas. Or Khandias.

Not Khandvas or Khandalas.

The part bolded ..... think.

Cheers, Doc

You claimed that the Qissa said this.

I showed you that it did not.

Then you accepted families, but started playing on ship capacities and numbers.

The rest of your post is as tiresome as it is repetitive ...

Cheers, Doc

I hope you know that the Qissa was written in 1599. A good 500 years AFTER the incident and consist of anecdotal history.

It only provides a framework to weave the story, Genetics provide the irrefutable evidence.

BTW its ironic that the author of the book calls himself a "Brahmin" i.e Bahman Kaikobad. :devilish: Needless to say he was a Dastur (priest)

I hope you know that the Qissa was written in 1599. A good 500 years AFTER the incident and consist of anecdotal history.

It only provides a framework to weave the story, Genetics provide the irrefutable evidence.

BTW its ironic that the author of the book calls himself a "Brahmin" i.e Bahman Kaikobad. :devilish: Needless to say he was a Dastur (priest)

Please man.

As for the earlier bit, you are going around in circles. Please read my earlier post that has spoken to both of these ...

Cheers, Doc

@vsdoc, In Manusmiriti it is written that a Brahmin must never refuse education to those who seek it and should not give education to those who lack the ability to understand it. I rest my case.

Please man.

As for the earlier bit, you are going around in circles. Please read my earlier post that has spoken to both of these ...

Cheers, Doc

I have proven all of your claims false based on evidence.

Let me know if you can provide any evidence to your claims.

I must admit I feel both vindicated and strangely disappointed after my posts find no rebuttal aside from wisecrack couplets.

Heading home.

Second-degree priests 0 (assuming Harivamsha is also Brahmin here ...)

Original Aryan Athrvan 100

@STEPHEN COHEN and @Notsuperstitious - 1 cold lassi and a kerchief to wipe the froth

Cheers, Doc

Kerala hindus are now minorities by birth rate statics of 2016.

Every new born hindu child born after 2016 are born as minority community in kerala. So when will Kerala govt give minority status for hindus in kerala ?

DX3W7BbVAAEcy8m.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: Bali78
Again the page doesn't exist !!

Kirori Meena set to join BJP, announcement likely today
JAIPUR: It will be homecoming for Lalsot (Dausa) legislator Kirori Lal Meena. A decade after he quit BJP, the National People’s Party (NPP) lawmaker is set to return to his original party on

Sunday. The ruling party is likely to nominate the 67-year-old tribal leader from one of the three Rajya Sabha seats from the state for which the election process has begun.

Having suffered a humiliating defeat in the bypolls last month, BJP is looking to woo Dalits through Meena, a five-term MLA who has been to Lok Sabha twice. Meena has a strong RSS background and associated with the saffron organisation since his student days. “I am returning home, without any conditions,” Meena confirmed on Saturday night, after holding a series of meetings with BJP leaders throughout the day. “I have conveyed my message to the party high command. Now, they have to take the decision,” Meena added.

The political development led to several speculations. Though his return to BJP is almost final, an official announcement regarding the same is expected on Sunday. Sources said the BJP central leadership was more keener than the state unit on having Meena back in the fold. NPP leader Kirori Lal Meena (in white) with agriculture minister Prabhu Lal Saini and state BJP president Ashok Parnami in the city on Saturday

‘Waiting for final clearance from party leadership’

“The party high command has been busy at meetings all day today. We are waiting for a final clearance from them,” said Ashok Parnami, BJP state president, confirming that the ground has been set for Meena’s return to the party.

Sources said the delay in formal announcement was due to Meena insisting on BJP fielding his younger brother Jagmohan Meena, a former government official, from the Rajya Sabha seat. The state leadership, however, wants Meena to go to the Upper House.

Sources said Meena, along with his wife Golma Devi and NPP MLA Geeta Verma, will join BJP on Sunday. The state assembly has four NPP MLAs, including Golma Devi from Rajgarh-Laxmangarh (Alwar), Geeta Verma from Sikrai (Dausa) and Navin Pilania from Amber (Jaipur). With three of them joining BJP, the state unit of NPP will merge with the ruling party.

Since Meena had already alerted his supporters about his plans, a large number of people began gathering at his government residence in CScheme around midday. A little later his wife Golma, accompanied Geeta Verma, too reached the house from their native place in Dausa.

The supporters began celebrating and distributing sweets even while Meena was engaged in talks with chief minister Vasundhara Raje at the latter’s residence in Civil Lines. Cabinet ministers Ram Pratap, Prabhu Lal Saini and Yunus Khanplayed the role of key mediators.

Kirori Meena set to join BJP, announcement likely today - Times of India

Reactions: Bali78
Mumbai on tenterhooks as 12,000 farmers reach doorstep

HIGHLIGHTS
  • The farmers on Monday will troop into south Mumbai and gherao the Vidhan Bhavan
  • The farmers are demanding a complete loan waiver, remunerative prices for agricultural produce and implementation of Swaminathan Commission recommendations among others
Unmindful of the scorching heat, nearly 12,000 farmers walked 180km over more than four days and landed at Mumbai’s doorstep, Thane, on Saturday evening. On Sunday, they plan to march into Mumbai, where an equal number of farmers is expected to join in. The farmers on Monday will troop into south Mumbai and gherao the Vidhan Bhavan to demand a complete loan waiver, remunerative prices for agricultural produce and implementation of Swaminathan Commission recommendations among others. The budget session is underway at the state legislature.

While the city police have made elaborate security and traffic arrangements for Sunday as well as Monday, citizens could experience some inconvenience along the morcha route, especially since HSC, SSC, CBSE (Class X as well as XII), ICSE and ISC exams are underway. “There are currently no instructions but students must take care to leave earlier than usual depending on the situation on Monday morning,” said Subhash Borse, in-charge secretary of the state board’s Mumbai division.

The morcha caused massive snarls on roads connecting Thane and Mumbai to Nashik on Saturday. Several vehicles, including an ambulance, were stuck in snarls for many hours.

The organisers claimed that by Saturday night, the number of protestors had swollen to 34,000. The police however maintained that the number was 12,000. For Saturday night, the protesters camped at the octroi naka yard near Mulund toll naka. While the police said the protestors, after marching into Mumbai on Sunday, will stay at Somaiyya Grounds for the night, the organizers said they could stay at Vikhroli.

Ajit Nawale of the All India Kisan Sabha(AIKS), which is leading the rally, said thousands of farmers accompanied by their wives and parents have joined the cause. “Why would they suffer such a long and winding journey on foot, if their causes weren’t genuine,” he questioned, pointing towards the ‘red wave’ following him on the busy Nashik highway on Saturday afternoon. He said they were all here to present their charter of demands to the government.

Mumbai on tenterhooks as 12,000 farmers reach doorstep - Times of India

Mumbai on tenterhooks as 12,000 farmers reach doorstep

HIGHLIGHTS
  • The farmers on Monday will troop into south Mumbai and gherao the Vidhan Bhavan
  • The farmers are demanding a complete loan waiver, remunerative prices for agricultural produce and implementation of Swaminathan Commission recommendations among others
Unmindful of the scorching heat, nearly 12,000 farmers walked 180km over more than four days and landed at Mumbai’s doorstep, Thane, on Saturday evening. On Sunday, they plan to march into Mumbai, where an equal number of farmers is expected to join in. The farmers on Monday will troop into south Mumbai and gherao the Vidhan Bhavan to demand a complete loan waiver, remunerative prices for agricultural produce and implementation of Swaminathan Commission recommendations among others. The budget session is underway at the state legislature.

While the city police have made elaborate security and traffic arrangements for Sunday as well as Monday, citizens could experience some inconvenience along the morcha route, especially since HSC, SSC, CBSE (Class X as well as XII), ICSE and ISC exams are underway. “There are currently no instructions but students must take care to leave earlier than usual depending on the situation on Monday morning,” said Subhash Borse, in-charge secretary of the state board’s Mumbai division.

The morcha caused massive snarls on roads connecting Thane and Mumbai to Nashik on Saturday. Several vehicles, including an ambulance, were stuck in snarls for many hours.

The organisers claimed that by Saturday night, the number of protestors had swollen to 34,000. The police however maintained that the number was 12,000. For Saturday night, the protesters camped at the octroi naka yard near Mulund toll naka. While the police said the protestors, after marching into Mumbai on Sunday, will stay at Somaiyya Grounds for the night, the organizers said they could stay at Vikhroli.

Ajit Nawale of the All India Kisan Sabha(AIKS), which is leading the rally, said thousands of farmers accompanied by their wives and parents have joined the cause. “Why would they suffer such a long and winding journey on foot, if their causes weren’t genuine,” he questioned, pointing towards the ‘red wave’ following him on the busy Nashik highway on Saturday afternoon. He said they were all here to present their charter of demands to the government.

Mumbai on tenterhooks as 12,000 farmers reach doorstep - Times of India
The biggest threat to Indian democracy are these greedy farmers. Their greed has no limits and lately they have mastered the art of blackmailing by using their huge number. Now just to be in power, every party will dole out lakhs of crores of rupees for farm loan waivers and minimum support price!! ?

Reactions: RATHORE and Parul
Kerala hindus are now minorities by birth rate statics of 2016.

Every new born hindu child born after 2016 are born as minority community in kerala. So when will Kerala govt give minority status for hindus in kerala ?

DX3W7BbVAAEcy8m.jpg
May I ask where does this picture come from? Which authority publish religion of the family in which a child is born. In India/Kerala of all places?