Indian Political Discussion

The biggest threat to Indian democracy are these greedy farmers. Their greed has no limits and lately they have mastered the art of blackmailing by using their huge number. Now just to be in power, every party will dole out lakhs of crores of rupees for farm loan waivers and minimum support price!! ?

That is the price you pay for cheep food on your table.

The hindu kids born are in a minority compared to the muslim kids born. So why not recognize their minority status NOW rather than later ?
You know how long it will take for that to happen?
In kerala, Hindu rate of pop. growth is 0.55%. Current muslim growth 1.9%. EVEN at these rates it will still take more than 50 years for that to happen. Moreover population growth of both communities is falling. I think these kind of rhetorics are misleading.

You know how long it will take for that to happen?
In kerala, Hindu rate of pop. growth is 0.55%. Current muslim growth 1.9%. EVEN at these rates it will still take more than 50 years for that to happen. Moreover population growth of both communities is falling. I think these kind of rhetorics are misleading.

SO ? Hindu children need to get Minority status now since they are a minority in kerala and while they grow up competing with others.

Your denial of their rights is expected.

SO ? Hindu children need to get Minority status now since they are a minority in kerala and while they grow up competing with others.
Hindu children? Muslim Children? Interesting to say the least!

BTW, no, 'Hindu Children' are not in minority! Not by the widest margin.

Anyways, this was the first time such change in births was seen. From the data it seems both birth rates fluctuate quite a bit.

Demographics of Kerala - Wikipedia

Hindu children? Muslim Children? Interesting to say the least!

BTW, no, 'Hindu Children' are not in minority! Not by the widest margin.

Anyways, this was the first time such change in births was seen. From the data it seems both birth rates fluctuate quite a bit.

Demographics of Kerala - Wikipedia

Cute.

Heard of "muslim minority schools and colleges" and "christian minority shools and colleges" that lie OUTSIDE the RTE ?

I have provided evidence that the New generation of Hindus are minority in Kerala and needs reservation in schools and college admission. No reason that should be denied to them based on scientific and statistical evidence.

Not to mention that the Hindus in kerala are the poorest community, poorer than the christian and the Muslims.

Cute.

Heard of "muslim minority schools and colleges" and "christian minority shools and colleges" that lie OUTSIDE the RTE ?

I have provided evidence that the New generation of Hindus are minority in Kerala and needs reservation in schools and college admission. No reason that should be denied to them based on scientific and statistical evidence.

Not to mention that the Hindus in kerala are the poorest community, poorer than the christian and the Muslims.
Wrong again! More births in Muslims for one year does not make entire generation of 'Hindu Children' --a weird concept, Hindu or Muslim Children-- a minority. Not even close!

Its not that hard to understand.

Oh it was there. Way back in 1800 or 1900s! In form of rigid caste-based allocation of jobs.

I meant if each generation of kids (or different age-groups - 0possibly adjusted every 10 years per the latest Census) is distributed differently by proportion, it makes sense to target the age specific reservation (college vs jobs) accordingly and not take the entire population as a homogeneous whole - with the possible skew of non congruent generations (past and present) affecting the quotas.

Cheers, Doc

Oh it was there. Way back in 1800 or 1900s! In form of rigid caste-based allocation of jobs.

oh it was there way back in 1000 to 1800's too , in form of Jihad and religion based privileges and taxation based on religion. Funny you seem to forget that and why your ancestors converted to islam.

Wrong again! More births in Muslims for one year does not make entire generation of 'Hindu Children' --a weird concept, Hindu or Muslim Children-- a minority. Not even close!

Its not that hard to understand.

Make that two consecutive years where Hindu children are born as minority.

Since there is statistical data confirming this, there is nothing to debate.

oh it was there way back in 1000 to 1800's too , in form of Jihad and religion based privileges and taxation based on religion. Funny you seem to forget that and why your ancestors converted to islam.
My ancestors or rather for a lot of the Muslims in subcontinent converted from lower-caste Hindus into Muslims. Life for us was pathetic even before Islam came into picture.
Make that two consecutive years where Hindu children are born as minority.

Since there is statistical data confirming this, there is nothing to debate.
Which two years? Data for 2017 is still not there.

BTW, unless this trend persists for six or seven years, the generational gap you are harping about won't come.

My ancestors or rather for a lot of the Muslims in subcontinent converted from lower-caste Hindus into Muslims. Life for us was pathetic even before Islam came into picture.

Which two years? Data for 2017 is still not there.

BTW, unless this trend persists for six or seven years, the generational gap you are harping about won't come.

Funny how a lot of "low" caste Hindus DID NOT CONVERT either. I guess they were not opportunists but people who stood by their values and principles.

Funny how a lot of "low" caste Hindus DID NOT CONVERT either. I guess they were not opportunists but people who stood by their values and principles.
Personal attacks aren't elegant , my friend. Individuals don't matter. I would have supported your position on the upcoming generation of hindu children enjoying minority priveleges. But your personal bile on her really takes away the enchantment of being associated with your side, so to speak.

The biggest threat to Indian democracy are these greedy farmers. Their greed has no limits and lately they have mastered the art of blackmailing by using their huge number. Now just to be in power, every party will dole out lakhs of crores of rupees for farm loan waivers and minimum support price!! ?

I have soft corner for Farmer's as they've been exploited by System. I want their conditions to improve, so that they don't needs Loans. I am against Government Waiving off Loans but can't see them committing Sucidies. :(

CPIM been leading charge and promoting it on Social Media. This March might be Politically Motivated:

I consider those who do not abandon the 'values or principle' which debase themselves morons.
Values and principles that debase people? people around the world organized themselves based on professions with guilds etc. It was mostly hereditary for the simple fact there was no logistical ability to grant everyone relevant training.
Implicitly attacking hindu values is a bit rich coming. Nothing comes close to the debasement of the principles of "ma malakat aymanukum " or "those whom the right hand possess"-actual rules embedded in the book, Debasement doesn't even come close to describing that wretchedness. Among other things.

So, I wouldn't shoot from shaky ground, if I were you.