INS Vikrant (IAC1) & INS Vikramaditya - News & Discussions

Here is a one more one liner from me.....I hope it doesn't trigger many here but why Vikram AC doesn't have a bulbous bow ? Plz give an honest reply not emotionally charged one

First explain how you evaluated quality of the warship sitting in your toilet Mr one liner.
one of the criteria for evaluating the quality of our warship say in case of vikrant lies in the question asked here 👇🙂
Here is a one more one liner from me.....I hope it doesn't trigger many here but why Vikram AC doesn't have a bulbous bow ? Plz give an honest reply not emotionally charged one

one of the criteria for evaluating the quality of our warship say in case of vikrant lies in the question asked here 👇🙂
No its not !. One is design and the other is manufacturing. Navy has their design house to know what to choose or not.

Now explain one liner.

No its not !. One is design and the other is manufacturing. Navy has their design house to know what to choose or not.

Now explain one liner.
Guess what. it wasn't what navy design house wanted to choose or not but the complexity relating to making a bulbous bow in first place & required know which Cochin shipyard lack. It's basically cutting slack to save trouble ( compromising quality )
it's the only modern Aircraft carrier out their with a missing bulbous bow.

Guess what. it wasn't what navy design house wanted to choose or not but the complexity relating to making a bulbous bow in first place & required know which Cochin shipyard lack. It's basically cutting slack to save trouble ( compromising quality )
it's the only modern Aircraft carrier out their with a missing bulbous bow.
Stupidity have many forms then there is you. They can use 35,000 ton steel to build a ship but slacked off on bow.

CSL didnt have know how to build such a ship anyway. They conquered all other challenge but stopped at bow. wow. And navy just let it slide!

How are you different from a "jingoistic" indian ? You both leave common sense aside when something comes consistant with your world view. In your case i think you fancy to be a "contrarian", so that you can be interesting in some discussions.

Why someone ask you to explain. The expectation is some credible source or actual reasoning which makes sense not your gut feeling.

P-15A DDG were having bulbous bow to accomodate the SONAR but P-15B are not having the bulbous bow instead they have hull mounted SONAR.

But according to you since P-71 is not having a bulbous bow, it has build issues.

Reactions: Chain Smoker
Why someone ask you to explain. The expectation is some credible source or actual reasoning which makes sense not your gut feeling.
again with typical emotional outburst.......I tell you the actual reason why they couldn't for simple reason because building a bulbous bow is not easy like welding steel plates to the end in case of Vikrant AC. First designing one for the size of big AC require lots of calculation, Computer modeling & experimental verification of complicated fluid flow mechanism. Manufacturing bulbous this size is very very difficult , one need to bend high strength steel plate into a 3D curved surface and then weld them into a sphere.....one mistake in the whole process & it's a multi million dollar disaster , game over Tata goodbye.....so to avoid trouble & cost over runs let's cut some slacks

P-15A DDG were having bulbous bow to accomodate the SONAR but P-15B are not having the bulbous bow instead they have hull mounted SONAR.

But according to you since P-71 is not having a bulbous bow, it has build issues.
Comparing Apple to Orange's 🙃 . Aircraft carrier operates at higher speed around 30 knots or more , wave resistance here will accounts for massive 50% of the total resistance faced by the ship, so in order to overcome this & deal with the instability which will be caused one needs a bulbous bow to provide stability for such a large ship........this is completely different in case of small narrow long Warship ( destroyer or a frigate ) & can be mitigated to large extent by excluding a bow altogether since it may also affect it's speed & mobility......Same is not a case with a wide huge 45,000 tonne Aircraft carrier.

Reactions: Rajput Lion
again with typical emotional outburst.......I tell you the actual reason why they couldn't for simple reason because building a bulbous bow is not easy like welding steel plates to the end in case of Vikrant AC. First designing one for the size of big AC require lots of calculation, Computer modeling & experimental verification of complicated fluid flow mechanism. Manufacturing bulbous this size is very very difficult , one need to bend high strength steel plate into a 3D curved surface and then weld them into a sphere.....one mistake in the whole process & it's a multi million dollar disaster , game over Tata goodbye.....so to avoid trouble & cost over runs let's cut some slacks
You are yet to give logical explanation. Indian navy NDB cant "calculate" for its flag ship?

We might be emotional but we dont make up shit for talking points.

Now get back to the original question.

How did you evaluate build quality ships from pictures? Is that the same way you concluded Chinese SSNs will forever be noisy ?

Can you please teach us all?

Reactions: Chain Smoker

Please read up on Axe bows.

1692978544251.jpeg