Jammu & Kashmir live updates: GOI remove all provisions of Article 370

He made General when he had a residual service of 4 years. In Pakistan, you need to have a residual service of 3 years at minimum to become General before you retire at 60. Meaning, you can become a General only when you are below 57.

So he's supposed to retire next year, 1.5 years to go. But with a 3-year extension looks like they are ignoring the retirement age. My take is it looks like the 3-year extension is up and over the remaining 1.5 years in service, so we may have to see him around for 4.5 more years.

What this means is he either intends to stay in power, or there's no one better to replace him.
He was going to retire this November i guess nad there was an article where he stated that he will retire on due date and seek no extension , looks like Afghan process requires Bajwa , so he was allowed extension or told to extend in his US trip

• Informative
Reactions: phndrt
What this means is he either intends to stay in power, or there's no one better to replace him.

He likes power like most men not accountable for their actions. I wonder how the next in line guys respond in Pakistan. Its not the post they lost, its also 100 acres of land on retirement, free goodies for life ... the whole works

Any chance of Bajwa becoming President like Commando Musharraf... ?
There was a chance if he had not got an extension. Now since he get that I presume he will be content. Frankly no one wants to lead the Pakistan at this stage when whole country is in such an economic mess coupled with several civil uprising movements.

He was going to retire this November i guess nad there was an article where he stated that he will retire on due date and seek no extension , looks like Afghan process requires Bajwa , so he was allowed extension or told to extend in his US trip

Weird that he would retire when 59. But you are right.

Domestic condition is not good in Pakistan and to butcher own public (Pashtoon, Baloch, Hazara etc.) you need a professional war criminal, others may have to learn the ropes.

At this volatile time when inflation is making Pakistani public eat grass, opposition is getting huge crowds in rally and public is openly disgruntled by their 'brave shaheens and Gazis' a new COAS may not be able to contain the situation.

It's almost entirely because of domestic powerplay and reasons, Afghanistan peace process may have very less to do with it.

BTW At more than one places Bajwa is seen looking at Imran in a particular way, with Hamza Ali Abbasi an open case wont be surprised if there is a gay angle to this (not saying this to troll).

• Agree
Reactions: Janardan Shukla
Those Coup days are gone. The country is now in a permanent semi-coup state. Which is good enough for the military establishment.

Semi Coup or complete coup, it would hardly make any difference for India at Line of Control. My logic says that now the situation may heat up to justify the coup and divert attention of immediate junior officers towards the Line of Control and western border. There is also politics intra Pakistan army. Many were not happy with Imran.

Time to use excaliburs to take out these arti units , Pukis are escalating with 155mm
M109A5 with 39 caliber gun can fire at max range of 22 km only.
While 18km is effective range.

Precision guided 155 shells from upgraded M46 or Dhanush can take these out from distance.