LOC Flare up: Related news and Discussions

Reactions: Nikhil and Paro
At this stage the entire defense apparatus of our country should introspect it's failures. Clearly there has been continuous intelligence lapse. This new jihadi front seems to be doing attacks so as to publicize itself among kashmiri youth similar to ISIS. From what I've heard they are much better equipped than the standard jihadis IA was killing with even bpj's provided to some. Pakistanis have clearly taken advantage of the corona virus lockdown and started spending its resources to make the insurgency grow somehow. IA should review RR operations. They have been effective but the Pakistanis have switched and started countering IA methods like giving steelcore bullets to jihadis and now the bpj given to some jihadis. I would prefer that they start making the RR more similar to the GIGN in terms of equipment and make it a seperate corps within the IA also the Assam rifles could be fused with this new "CI" corps. A much more focused and objectively clear group with its own operating wing independent of others. The Assam rifles itself are battle hardened badasses. Also I hoped motaBhai invest in the paramilitary and bring it on par with modern gendarmerries like the GIGN and FSB . Our police is outdated and under-equipped and this shows. CRPF have faced the brunt of the casualties everywhere. So many CRPF jawans have been dying all over the country from the naxalite regions in Jharkhand to the Pulwama attack. And they are the most under-equipped and look like ragtag militias. This also effect the moral of our soldiers in general.

Also this stupid culture of being proud of our officers leading from the front is such a juvenile view it makes one nauseas. The death of the CO was avoidable simple as that. He shouldn't even be present in the place where operations are taking place and take a more oversight role. Our NCO's are therefore limited in that sense becuase they always need an officer to lead them. No modern military needs so many officers to lead sections like in the case of IA. Officers are meant to call the shots and strategise and make effective tactics not blindly go into fighting terrorists and do hostage rescues. That is the job for the soldiers. The CRPF guys are anyway cannon fodder they keep dying in loads and nobody blinks an eye. The CRPF is lead by those incompetent IPS chaps who are not much different to the BAbus in various ministries. Also what the hell are our intelligence agencies doing .
Everybody is putting hopes on RAW to do something but the reality is we have atleast 4dedicated agencies for national security which includes RAW ,IB,NTRO and the DIA. How the hell does TRF is able to get arms in openly attack CRPF and the Army and get away. Is there no communication between our intelligence agencies? Even during the Pulwama bombing not a single question was raised on the intelligence agencies by anyone from the media or politicians and instead were furthering Pakistani propaganda of it being a false flag attack. So right now we have multiple ineffective intel agencies who do not communicate with each other. The ones who should do the fighting is the CRPF but they are rag tag militia any way so we have to use the Army for fighting any jihadi in both FIBUa and non FiBUA cases. On top of that there is no standardisation of equipment and not enough modern equipment for the ones who are fighting instead we invest in buying foreign weapons costing more than 20 billion dollars. And not a single review has been done by our army jernails to check the conditions of our jawans in terms of equipment and making them state of the art instead it buying tincans like the t90s which will never be used because nuclear *censored*ing overhang.

Nope. Command problem. The enemy was identified and classified by live drone footage. It was easily possible to call in a drone strike, an airstrike, or a precision air burst artillery strike, or even bracket the area with 120mm mortar. Nearly all would have done the trick.

Instead command in it's infinite wisdom eschews such instruments of force because you know z hearts and minds. Apparently the use of such systems will turn the population hostile. Yes you read that right. Go figure.

One reason if I had to justify might be the probelm of hostages and civilians with the terrorist at most instances. There they have to go in for CQBs instead of using standoff weapons and decimate the buildings. Well the population in those few districts are already hostile. I dont see how we can do worse.
On a side note, cant anti material weapons with thermals be used in such cases.

On a side note, cant anti material weapons with thermals be used in such cases.
RR couldn't locate the terrorists but the drone narrowed down their location. The hilly terrain and snow made it hard to pin point which is why Para SF were deployed. If you intend to use an anti material rifle like the Barrett M95 which IA procured recently, even with the help of thermal sights...their location should be identified first

RR couldn't locate the terrorists but the drone narrowed down their location. The hilly terrain and snow made it hard to pin point which is why Para SF were deployed. If you intend to use an anti material rifle like the Barrett M95 which IA procured recently, even with the help of thermal sights...their location should be identified first
Most of the times the houses in which they are holed up are identified. And then there are excruciatingly long engagements and eventual CQB's. Pinpointing their location shouldnt be a big deal with drones, infrared and thermal cameras.

Most of the times the houses in which they are holed up are identified. And then there are excruciatingly long engagements and eventual CQB's. Pinpointing their location shouldnt be a big deal with drones, infrared and thermal cameras.
This particular case where Para SF were killed...it wasn't a house but yeah, Barrett's can be used but IA usually blows up the house if they don't anticipate much collateral damage

This particular case where Para SF were killed...it wasn't a house but yeah, Barrett's can be used but IA usually blows up the house if they don't anticipate much collateral damage
I think that decision can be expedited if its confirmed that there are no hostages or civilians, and that again can be achieved through proper use of technology. We need to keep our casualties in such situation minimal. Because these are relatively easier than the times when the forces are ambushed.

So this is list of the Brown Panted ones killed in Balochistan is floating around on Twitter today.
55 dead in the last 3 months or so.
This is big!😱😬🤐😁😂

If this is true Pakistani army ke L*wde Lage hue hai.....😁😁😂😂

They have been losing men in their CI operations in NWFP and Balochistan at a constant rate. They dont care. They will just cycle units and shrug it off as the cost of doing business.

Reactions: jetray
No blackout. Our skies are safe. I think india still thinks about feb 27. why are you wasting your time on things like revenge? feb 28 was an opportunity. do you want revenge after one year? it's weird. i don't want to see another air battle. this time face to face engagement,no hide and seek. don't attack us when you see no paf jet approaching. fight like a professional air force and face pakistani jets now. enough is enough. i hate these hide and seek games.

• Haha
Reactions: m_itsme
No blackout. Our skies are safe. I think india still thinks about feb 27. why are you wasting your time on things like revenge? feb 28 was an opportunity. do you want revenge after one year? it's weird. i don't want to see another air battle. this time face to face engagement,no hide and seek. don't attack us when you see no paf jet approaching. fight like a professional air force and face pakistani jets now. enough is enough. i hate these hide and seek games.

You dont have LEVERAGE over our Actions

But we do

We will decide how and when the conflict moves forward

Till then keep guessing

If sullas are taking revenge of profit even after 1500 years, why can't IAF take revenge after 1 year.

Thats what we did on 27th Feb, old Mig faced the mighty F teens head on and shoot it down

There is no blackout in Karachi.

Just chill. Nothing happened Pakistan just lost a HATF2 ABDALI Missile base/TEL....☺☺