LOC Flare up: Related news and Discussions

What in your view is the end game here? They commit stupidity. We respond with either a repetition of Balakote or a variation of it. What after that? Any insights or hints if you're unable to give us a clear picture.

Aim is to achieve incremental gains in PoJ&K. The present government abandoned plans of an honourable peace on basis of Simla Agreement wherein LC was to be taken as a de-facto border. After PM Modi's attempts at peace with then Pakistani PM Sharif were scuttled by Pakistani Security establishment, this view has been dumped. The result of this can be seen from the '16 Surgical Strikes ownership by Government of India and subsequent strikes into Balakote.

End game is to increase costs for Pakistan, do a reverse of 1000 cuts on it instead and to make incremental gains when situation arises and hold them.

In the interim, I do expect a trifurcation of the State, which will effectively put an end to the cycle of anarchy in the State, thereby forcing Pakistan to incorporate so called Azad J&K into its fold or altering status of Gilgit-Baltistan in order to bolster it's position (in its views) in negotiations. That, of course, shall be a tipping point, if it were to happen.

Fifth one is falcon 😜😜

Nah ..... ain't I.

While the nation is looking at the short term objectives, I am looking at the objectives that are more core to Indian requirements (securing access to the Central Asian Republics as an alternative from Iran, which remains a risk in terms of stability and security of own investments and interests) as also addressing the political beliefs of the powers that be in India today.

Two core policies of Governments of India are bearing fruit now. Irrespective of what one may say of UPA, one of those policies were initiated by them.

Aim is to achieve incremental gains in PoJ&K. The present government abandoned plans of an honourable peace on basis of Simla Agreement wherein LC was to be taken as a de-facto border. After PM Modi's attempts at peace with then Pakistani PM Sharif were scuttled by Pakistani Security establishment, this view has been dumped. The result of this can be seen from the '16 Surgical Strikes ownership by Government of India and subsequent strikes into Balakote.

End game is to increase costs for Pakistan, do a reverse of 1000 cuts on it instead and to make incremental gains when situation arises and hold them.

In the interim, I do expect a trifurcation of the State, which will effectively put an end to the cycle of anarchy in the State, thereby forcing Pakistan to incorporate so called Azad J&K into its fold or altering status of Gilgit-Baltistan in order to bolster it's position (in its views) in negotiations. That, of course, shall be a tipping point, if it were to happen.

US has So far Not intervened , So they know
What is happening and are OK with it

And @Hellfire then had opposed it vehemently by scaring off with the nuclear destruction consequence. :)

Because at the time, the context was military action. Right now, it is more to do with a multiple axes approach with minimal military component (in terms of direct/indirect military involvement)

I still say - a military confrontation at that time would have been a problem. In 2015, as I have said earlier, we had mobilized to take on Pakistan, but US under Obama was not firmly behind India. Presently, the ball game is quite different. Pres. Trump really does not care for Pakistan either ways. The present pressure from India is allowing US to wrangle 'concessions' from Pakistan over Afghanistan ..... India remains the pointman in dealing with Pakistan

For us Internal Restructuring is Far more important to end the Cycle of violence
But Pakistan will definitely intervene
And hence these low level Pre emptive Strikes on POK

Reactions: Yashpatel604
@nair, @ falcon, @vstol... Question here as to what India does with the soldiers who die during a cross loc raid, and whose bodies stay behind enemy lines...

The Question of timing - Why now?

@nair, @ falcon, @vstol... Question here as to what India does with the soldiers who die during a cross loc raid, and whose bodies stay behind enemy lines...
We take back our fallen and hand over to their family......Sourav Kalia....Sqdr Ahuja are few to name......That's the difference between Indian army and Pakistani Army