LOC Flare up: Related news and Discussions

The serious minded Pakistan people will Investigate how much PA has been lying to them , and that will become the cause of the PA loosing face inside Pakistan

This is where claiming capture of Pakistani territory is counter productive. That inflames national sentiments.

Let them do a 1971 ... claim high and fail .... look at the Surprise Day PR. Why do you think IAF is enjoying and mum? Today, IAF sorties in J&K wait for PAF to come as our UAVs cross in broad daylight to provide targeting info for precision strikes. And we strike precisely at will. Least collateral damage, even though DG ISPR spins it to be 'civil casualties'. Collateral damage can not be 0 as PA is firing from within the villages.

Why do you think that Sameer Joshi refuses to respond when I tag him on his 'no AWACS' crap? Because I know the initials of the crew and I will give only one ... :D

Because we are not going for a Large Scale
Invasion

Opening the Fences implies Storming the LOC , which wont happen soon

Right now these are Salami Slicing tactics

Make them run away and advance slightly ahead even if it is by a Few hundred metres

Then open another sector after a few days

We are also observing how they Resupply
And Send Reinforcements from

In a Real war the Rear areas have to be hit hard to make it untenable for the forward troops

Sir.

Weather is bad. LC gets damaged every year, due to snow/avalanches/landslide/slides. That is why, every summers, we carry out 'LC Resuscitation' exercise, wherein Engineering Task Forces are sent even from peace to rebuild them.

So, either local maintenance is being done, or salvaging operations for recoverable stores is being undertaken.

We do not have LC fence on LC proper. Period.

It is slightly at a depth on own side. We do not need to remove them to carry out operations.

Indian official stance, as outlined by the Government of India to all the stakeholders, officially, is that the dispute is a bilateral issue to be solved between the two under the framework of the Shimla Agreement 1972. For the same to take place, an atmosphere of peace and calm needs to be in place, again as per the spirit of Shimla Agreement of 1972. For that, Pakistan must stop supporting terror.

Let me know if this policy has changed to ... we will occupy PoJ&K militarily.

Cheers
I think the very first condition laid down in Shimla agreement is peace along the LOC. Pakistan has violated it since 90s. So, in a way, India can easily dump it and go for military solution. Shimla agreement is with respect to resolving the boundary issue thru bilateral talks. But the military option was and remains on table even today.

I think the very first condition laid down in Shimla agreement is peace along the LOC. Pakistan has violated it since 90s. So, in a way, India can easily dump it and go for military solution. Shimla agreement is with respect to resolving the boundary issue thru bilateral talks. But the military option was and remains on table even today.

Correct sir. The contention here is of the claims of 'building a narrative' for military action. We do not need a narrative to be built for capture of territory and holding it.
We have the national sentiment already aligned over the question of integration of PoJ&K. However, when you push forward the same narrative at the international arena you do not gain favour by making it the main thrust of your diplomatic effort. For counter terror operations, we have the international backing again. So, other than hurting your own genuine counter terror narrative built by the Govt over the past 7 years, one does not gain anything.

Reactions: m_itsme

With 370 gone, Shimla agreement also gone.... Status quo and change of the same thru bilateral dialogues is shimla agreement.....

I have tried my level best.... but till today couldn't comprehend why such an agreement when you had 93k people with you as POW.... Should have closed the deal then and there itself...... IG screwed the gains by Sam and team......

Reactions: vstol Jockey
However, when you push forward the same narrative at the international arena you do not gain favour by making it the main thrust of your diplomatic effort. For counter terror operations, we have the international backing again. So, other than hurting your own genuine counter terror narrative built by the Govt over the past 7 years, one does not gain anything.

A $10T economy will get all the justified backing it needs on the international arena.

• Agree
Reactions: Hellfire
With 370 gone, Shimla agreement also gone.... Status quo and change of the same thru bilateral dialogues is shimla agreement.....

I have tried my level best.... but till today couldn't comprehend why such an agreement when you had 93k people with you as POW.... Should have closed the deal then and there itself...... IG screwed the gains by Sam and team......
We have won every war with Pakistan on battle field to be lost on discussion table. We lost the advantage in 1948 when Nehru went to UN. We foolishly surrendered Haji Pir in 1965 and all other teritories as we thought that Akhnoor town might fall to Pakistan in some distant battle. And we lost 1971 in Shimla.

• Agree
Reactions: nair
@nair @Falcon are we going to see a small scale skirmish by 2024?
Clearly there seems to be a pattern on how things are being handled on political, diplomatic and military fronts. Its not random for sure.
But finishing off an enemy without firing a bullet is just a saying, its not practical in reality. So what is the end goal? Is it Kashmir or defanging PA?

Last edited:

Why did we squander our advantage? Very simple. Post the liberation & independence of East Pakistan, the action was to shift to West Pakistan. Kissinger & Nixon who was frothing st his mouth from being unable to prevent the vivisection of Pakistan nor influence China to open up a new front threatened the USSR with a N war if India did anything to West Pakistan. Since the USSR was our Godfather then, IG couldn't ignore the power politics at play then.

That she let Bhutto get away lightly without formalising thr border was more due to her Kashmiri group of leftist advisors like Kaul, Haksar etc. Something Haksar later justified as not imposing a Treaty of Versailles so as to lay the seeds of a future conflict.In some ways this was a blessing in disguise. For the border would've been formalised at exactly where the LoC stands now give or take a few features or exchange of territory.

Where she ought to be faulted is by not prosecuting a war in 1975 when she was besieged internally. By the time she regained power in the early 80's , the Punjab problem intensified. Though there have been persistent rumours of her considering a final solution to Pakistan . The Russians too were goading her to take on Pakistan due to overt Pakistani support to the Mujahideen in Afghanistan which the Russians couldn't confront due to explicit US threats of initiating a war on the USSR should it attack Pakistan. In the interim operation Blue Star occured followed by the assassination of IG. In come RaGa Sr & a wasted 2/3rd mandate as well as 5 years.

Why did we squander our advantage? Very simple. Post the liberation & independence of East Pakistan, the action was to shift to West Pakistan. Kissinger & Nixon who was frothing st his mouth from being unable to prevent the vivisection of Pakistan nor influence China to open up a new front threatened the USSR with a N war if India did anything to West Pakistan. Since the USSR was our Godfather then, IG couldn't ignore the power politics at play then.

That she let Bhutto get away lightly without formalising thr border was more due to her Kashmiri group of leftist advisors like Kaul, Haksar etc. Something Haksar later justified as not imposing a Treaty of Versailles so as to lay the seeds of a future conflict.In some ways this was a blessing in disguise. For the border would've been formalised at exactly where the LoC stands now give or take a few features or exchange of territory.

Where she ought to be faulted is by not prosecuting a war in 1975 when she was besieged internally. By the time she regained power in the early 80's , the Punjab problem intensified. Though there have been persistent rumours of her considering a final solution to Pakistan . The Russians too were goading her to take on Pakistan due to overt Pakistani support to the Mujahideen in Afghanistan which the Russians couldn't confront due to explicit US threats of initiating a war on the USSR should it attack Pakistan. In the interim operation Blue Star occured followed by the assassination of IG. In come RaGa Sr & a wasted 2/3rd mandate as well as 5 years.
You are forgetting Mujib was imprisoned in West Pakistani jail and his release was important too to stabilize newly formed country

@nair @Falcon are we going to see a small scale skirmish by 2024?
Clearly there seems to be a pattern on how things are being handled on political, diplomatic and military fronts. Its not random for sure.
But finishing off an enemy without firing a bullet is they a saying, its not practical in reality. So what is the end goal? Is it kashmir or defanging PA?
We can take PoJnK if we want to... But the cost would be enormous and the question is are we ready to pay that price......

There are likely chance of a skirmish and we may redraw the LOC to a level where there are not many dominating heights with Pak ....

But time line would be a 21 may be.....

This is my assessment and I feel VSTOL and falcon would be having better idea

Now we have openly declared that POK is Indian Territory and we will liberate it

This is the official stance

So even if we are doing "SALAMI slicing "
And then denying it , there is nothing wrong in it

It is all part of Narrative Building or Perception Management
lying openly and getting exposed is not 'Narrative Building or Perception Management'. That is ISPR tactic to get short term advantage. Which is for losers. If we are doing the same then there is no difference between them and us. We should be nudging with strategic vision.

Reactions: Jaymax
Question for the better informed folks.

There can be 2 cases - one where we adjust the LoC to make infiltration harder and enforcement easier for us. Other where we are going in deep like to open a land border with Afghanistan ( far fetched but bear with me please)

Which one is a likelier scenario?
If we go for option 2, how will the China factor be handled. As we speak India China border talks are going on. My guess is India will offer guarantees on not hitting any Chinese infra and keeping CPEC route open, maybe more but definitely not less.

We can take PoJnK if we want to... But the cost would be enormous and the question is are we ready to pay that price......

There are likely chance of a skirmish and we may redraw the LOC to a level where there are not many dominating heights with Pak ....

But time line would be a 21 may be.....

This is my assessment and I feel VSTOL and falcon would be having better idea
A direct invasion will be very costly in terms of lives and material. The best option in any hilly terrain is to dominate commanding heights/positions and then control the area around these heights/positions. The day GOI gives go ahead for librating POJK, the initial battles will be for these commanding heights/positions. This will allow us to choke supplies and also take out most formidable built up areas which have layers of fortified bunkers. Once we do that, second stage will start which will be somewhat like the 1947-48 action. we will start clearing ridges and valleys one at a time. IMHO, any operation in POJK alone will take us anything between 4-6 weeks.

lying openly and getting exposed is not 'Narrative Building or Perception Management'. That is ISPR tactic to get short term advantage. Which is for losers. If we are doing the same then there is no difference between them and us. We should be nudging with strategic vision.

You are always in a Complaining and Criticising mode

I cannot help you 🤣

---------------------------------------------------------------
BAJWA VISITING Combined Military
Hospital to see injured Crows 🤣