Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning and F-22 'Raptor' : News & Discussion

PS: This is one area where Rafale is better than F-35. Yes, F-35 has stealth, but trying to challenge J-20 would prove to be its downfall as it lacks the kinematics to do so. While Rafale just sneaks through and does it job with aplomb.
I understand India's feeling of Rafle as its only hope, but the F 35 is not comparable to Gust, the F 35 greatly optimizes subsonic maneuverability, Plus F 135 engine is far from the M 88-2 can be compared, coupled with network centric warfare capabilities, only the replacement of WS15 J 20 can be compared

Poor herciv, even his own quick facts links, calls him out. Also remind me again on how many hours you said the RAAF were flying the f-35

Pic, Is 5.4 good for the F-35a? When all the add ons are builts in. After all these years and a simple aircraft in comparison, the Rafale is 8 hours, plus pods and add ons.

View attachment 27573

A-50? We're not going to put it in risk against those deadly PL-21s, especially when lack of AWACS is our biggest weakness. On the contrary, our airbases are on lower side, so our air defence and serveillance radars can look up and far, while your radars would need to look down. Our fighters like Rafale, Mirage-2000 are masters of sneaking through using fast and low flying using terrain masking. Mountains are going to come to our aid
How do you see what's behind the mountain when most of your radar and anti-aircraft missiles are at the foot of the mountain? Even if a few radar stations can be built on commanding heights, the highlands need early-warning aircraft to blind low-altitude and valley areas, which India lacks

Reactions: RASALGHUL
Rafale, Mirage-2000 are masters of sneaking through using fast and low flying using terrain masking. Mountains are going to come to our aid
Don't you shoot China using the same trick? When China has far more multi-purpose aircraft than India

Poor herciv, even his own quick facts links, calls him out. Also remind me again on how many hours you said the RAAF were flying the f-35

Pic, Is 5.4 good for the F-35a? When all the add ons are builts in. After all these years and a simple aircraft in comparison, the Rafale is 8 hours, plus pods and add ons.

View attachment 27573
It's not at all comparable, the Rafale has "on condition" maintenance, there are never factory returns, no major overhaul visits.

Figures are for F-35s which are not in the heavy repair depot. While the Rafale figures take into account all Rafales.

We can measure the difference in the capacity to increase the production of flight hours by the fact that the USAF aims to fly the F-35 for 200 hours per year and does not manage to exceed 150 to 160 hours, while the French Air Force, which flies its 100 Rafales 250 hours per year, sold 12 Rafales to Greece and increased its Rafales to 275 hours per year, then sold 12 to Croatia and plans to increase its Rafale to 300 hours when the sale is effective.

If the Air Force was struggling to produce the flight hours it needs, would it have agreed to resell a quarter of its fleet?

Reactions: Herciv
I understand India's feeling of Rafle as its only hope, but the F 35 is not comparable to Gust, the F 35 greatly optimizes subsonic maneuverability, Plus F 135 engine is far from the M 88-2 can be compared, coupled with network centric warfare capabilities, only the replacement of WS15 J 20 can be compared
There is no fighter currently in South-East Asia that can defeat Rafale in BVR. Indian Rafale is even more advance than the French one.

Only J-20 and F-35 have a chance due to stealth. But over the Himalayas, Rafale is going to prove a formidable foe to PLAAF fighters, due to its SA, cat-like agility, terrain hugging ability and weapons package. In my opinion, Rafale's aforementioned attributes combined with SPECTRA and MICA-IR is going to prove biggest PLAAF killer. It is just sad that we've only 36. At least 2 more squadrons should have been ordered by GOI way back in 2020 when Galwan happened.

It's not at all comparable, the Rafale has "on condition" maintenance, there are never factory returns, no major overhaul visits.

Figures are for F-35s which are not in the heavy repair depot. While the Rafale figures take into account all Rafales.

We can measure the difference in the capacity to increase the production of flight hours by the fact that the USAF aims to fly the F-35 for 200 hours per year and does not manage to exceed 150 to 160 hours, while the French Air Force, which flies its 100 Rafales 250 hours per year, sold 12 Rafales to Greece and increased its Rafales to 275 hours per year, then sold 12 to Croatia and plans to increase its Rafale to 300 hours when the sale is effective.

If the Air Force was struggling to produce the flight hours it needs, would it have agreed to resell a quarter of its fleet?
We are talking a sustained surge. 15-20% of the fleet would be more realistic. You aren't this silly, I think you use what skill you do have, to cloud the issues.
hercv said that the RAAF fly much more than that annually. I asked him to repost the info.he hasn't done it yet.

There is no fighter currently in South-East Asia that can defeat Rafale in BVR. Indian Rafale is even more advance than the French one.

Lol. Singaporean F-15SG with aim-120D's, sniper pod and its HUUUGE AESA accepts your challenge. Careful with the F-15SG EW I hear it's a doozy.
Only J-20 and F-35 have a chance due to stealth.

Have a chance? Boy wachu talkin bout! It's no contest Rafale is not LO fighter you need to start living in the real world and not in your delusional mind.
But over the Himalayas, Rafale is going to prove a formidable foe to PLAAF fighters, due to its SA, cat-like agility, terrain hugging ability and weapons package. In my opinion, Rafale's aforementioned attributes combined with SPECTRA and MICA-IR is going to prove biggest PLAAF killer. It is just sad that we've only 36. At least 2 more squadrons should have been ordered by GOI way back in 2020 when Galwan happened.

Lol. Did you really just post "cat-like agility" to sell the Rafafle? Bruh....

. In my opinion, Rafale's aforementioned attributes combined with SPECTRA and MICA-IR is going to prove biggest PLAAF killer.
To call the Rafale a PLAAF killer would be a stretch, just to say it has good maneuverability and EW capabilities
Rafale is just a good 4.5 generation fighter. No essential difference from J-16 and J-10C
Singapore has the F-35😂😂
India's Rafale is mainly upgraded with ground strike capability and navigation system for India

Reactions: Optimist
To call the Rafale a PLAAF killer would be a stretch, just to say it has good maneuverability and EW capabilities
Rafale is just a good 4.5 generation fighter. No essential difference from J-16 and J-10C

Singapore has the F-35😂😂
India's Rafale is mainly upgraded with ground strike capability and navigation system for India
Singapore doesn't fly them yet but I totally forgot they selected the F-35. F-35 are flown/selected by so many nations that you sometimes forget they are a F-35 customer.

Reactions: Optimist and LX1111
No. Rafale is indeed a PLAAF killer. There is nothing in PLAAF arsenal except J-20 that can counter Rafale + Meteor combo. J-16 and J-10C are good planes, but Rafale is just a notch ahead in BVR. In WVR, any fighter with HOBS/HMD combo is deadly.
Singapore has the F-35😂😂
Except RCS, Rafale is a better jet than F-35, every which way. And clean Rafale has frontal signature of 0.1m^2, i.e., -10dBsm. So, a clean Rafale is LO too. Indian Rafale has got QWIP IRST, so it becomes perfect stealth hunter with that.

And F-15SG? LOL. Rafale would destroy any F-15 10 out of 10 times in both BVR and WVR.

"36 Rafales can manage over 12000 hours of flying all on their own in just 1 month. That's basically a Rafale flying about 12 hours a day for 30 days straight. "

Of course it can, live the dream. 1hr maintenance per flight hour.

I like Herciv magic numbers for the f-35 too. Australia must be lying about the hours, they say they fly. By god, he has found another conspiracy.

No, it's 8 hours of maintenance per flight hour, but the design of the aircraft allows 8 maintenance technicians to work simultaneously.

Rafale's is 8-9 hours for every flight hour. The F-35's is 5 hours. The Gripen E's is 2-3 hours.

But these are numbers formulated over a long period of time. It is not to be considered literally, it's just an average.

I was going to let it pass, but you do know this is nonsense right? Even France's fleet would have serious issues, trying to sustain 36/12hr/30 days. India couldn't even get their whole 36 down the runway, elephant walk. at any one time.

Those are official figures from Dassault.

350 hours a month is 11.7 hours a day on average. And yes, it's possible for the Rafale to achieve it. The same is possible for both the SH B3 and F-35 (eventually) as well. It has a lot to do with the more modern airframe design.

It's among the reasons why the Rafale is considered pretty much the best operational fighter jet today. It does a lot of things other jets do not.

Except RCS, Rafale is a better jet than F-35, every which way. And clean Rafale has frontal signature of 0.1m^2, i.e., -10dBsm. So, a clean Rafale is LO too. Indian Rafale has got QWIP IRST, so it becomes perfect stealth hunter with that.
Don't believe this stuff, unless the French can tell you the exact angle and wavelength, it's all propaganda, you believe the Su-57 is only 0.4m³, And does the Rafale have 0.1m³?
Don't forget the Rafale is a plane from the 1980s
And F-15SG? LOL. Rafale would destroy any F-15 10 out of 10 times in both BVR and WVR
The best fourth - generation aircraft in my opinion is the F-15,

Reactions: Innominate
No. Rafale is indeed a PLAAF killer. There is nothing in PLAAF arsenal except J-20 that can counter Rafale + Meteor combo. J-16 and J-10C are good planes, but Rafale is just a notch ahead in BVR. In WVR, any fighter with HOBS/HMD combo is deadly
Let's see, maybe the Meteor missile has a better inescapable zone than the PL 15,
But does this advantage really work? Rafale radar aperture itself is small, especially in the complex electromagnetic environment of the battlefield will further compress radar performance
WVR may have a bigger advantage, after all, Refale has a good t \ w and excellent aerodynamic design
More often, the an aircraft's performance does not determine anything. When there is no generational difference between the two aircraft, the number and support systems are more important

Those are official figures from Dassault.

350 hours a month is 11.7 hours a day on average. And yes, it's possible for the Rafale to achieve it. The same is possible for both the SH B3 and F-35 (eventually) as well. It has a lot to do with the more modern airframe design.

It's among the reasons why the Rafale is considered pretty much the best operational fighter jet today. It does a lot of things other jets do not.
Sources pls.....
Except RCS, Rafale is a better jet than F-35, every which way. And clean Rafale has frontal signature of 0.1m^2, i.e., -10dBsm. So, a clean Rafale is LO too
Lol! And how is clean rafale is going to help us, by doing ISR?