Multi-Role Carrier Borne Fighter For The Indian Navy - Updates & Discussions

What should we select?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Have you seen a FMS clearance from US regarding Super Hornet yet? The very absence of that means that proper techno commercial offers are yet to be made.

Without those, what is CCS supposed to clear ? The IN evaluation report?
Boeing has had to give up: it announced the end date of the F-18 SH chain, it would never have done that if it had felt that the F-18 still had a chance because it considerably lowers the probability of winning.
If a competitor does not feel it necessary to make a commercial offer (saying that it is not his aircraft that is at fault, but the aircraft carrier that is not capable of receiving it at the desired weight) and the other candidate meets the Navy's technical requirements, the latter has won unless the price is not reasonable. But there are indications that the price would be considerably lower than for the IAF Rafale...

Boeing has had to give up: it announced the end date of the F-18 SH chain, it would never have done that if it had felt that the F-18 still had a chance because it considerably lowers the probability of winning.
If a competitor does not feel it necessary to make a commercial offer (saying that it is not his aircraft that is at fault, but the aircraft carrier that is not capable of receiving it at the desired weight) and the other candidate meets the Navy's technical requirements, the latter has won unless the price is not reasonable. But there are indications that the price would be considerably lower than for the IAF Rafale...

26 fighters package deal to be cheaper than IAF Rafale Or Flyaway cost of Rafale M will be cheaper?

26 fighters package deal to be cheaper than IAF Rafale Or Flyaway cost of Rafale M will be cheaper?
I don't know, I think it's the pakage because the aircraft carrier is already a very capable floating base, that there is no need to pay for the development of the ISEs that the same level of simulator should not be provided because the navy will be able to use those of the IAF etc...

Reactions: Bali78 and Sathya
Have you seen a FMS clearance from US regarding Super Hornet yet? The very absence of that means that proper techno commercial offers are yet to be made.

What has an FMS clearance got to do with a techno commercial offer? This isn't a sale merely an offer. Besides if there was no US SD or DoD clearance, how did the Hornets participate in the trials ?

What has an FMS clearance got to do with a techno commercial offer? This isn't a sale merely an offer. Besides if there was no US SD or DoD clearance, how did the Hornets participate in the trials ?
Last decade our guys went & flew Apaches and 4-5 years later US issued those details & clearances.

Clearances for testing & offer are both different things.

It's been 6 months approx since we applied for a fresh clearance from US for 6 more P8I. I don't see it yet, despite it being all tested & inducted in IN already.

I am just saying don't fall for anything which even slightly says quick!

It's too early to tell :ROFLMAO:
Just 1 week for the closure of this financial year..
No news about Macron visit yet..

MoD going to return all the money ..?
Industry sources have confirmed the selection of the Rafale for the Indian Navy. All that remains is the announcement and the signature, which are political sequences above all. But it should happen very quickly.

• Love
Reactions: Bali78 and Sathya
Last decade our guys went & flew Apaches and 4-5 years later US issued those details & clearances.

Fine. But when did we issue our EoI, RFI, RFP & all that rigmarole we usually indulge in . Was it a case of us signing an agreement & awaiting the clearances or was the agreement held up for want of clearances & if so why?

Clearances for testing & offer are both different things.

Could be so. But I've my doubts. The US is much more professional in this respect plus they don't beat around the bush in such matters. The testing can't precede the clearance & if clearances for testing are offered I don't see why it shouldn't be offered promptly for the Quotation too.

It's been 6 months approx since we applied for a fresh clearance from US for 6 more P8I. I don't see it yet, despite it being all tested & inducted in IN already.

Tbh, this is the first time I'm hearing of it. Be that as it may, it's a question of renewing the clearance & not a fresh exercise to be launched . Frankly I don't see what the problem is all about .

Incidentally last heard on the topic was that we included the MPA in the list of banned imports & suspended our purchase of an additional qty of 6 nos which we subsequently revised though I'm not sure of the T/Ls, but this news is of 2020-21 vintage.

What about the clearances offered for the export of the Predator drones? They came in long time back. We're still sitting on the numbers required & the formal agreement for purchase to be signed .

I am just saying don't fall for anything which even slightly says quick!

We do move fast when they have to. Besides all these items you've mentioned are additional purchases not fresh requirements except for the drones.

Yeah, it's weird, MoD is supposed to announce a winner first.

Boeing provided 2 dates. One without an IN contract, and one with.

Boeing is scheduled to close the F/A-18 Super Hornet and EA-18G Growler production line in 2025 following the last deliveries to the US Navy (USN), the company said on 23 February, although a new export order may keep the line open until 2027.

Yeah, it's weird, MoD is supposed to announce a winner first.

Boeing provided 2 dates. One without an IN contract, and one with.

Boeing is scheduled to close the F/A-18 Super Hornet and EA-18G Growler production line in 2025 following the last deliveries to the US Navy (USN), the company said on 23 February, although a new export order may keep the line open until 2027.
Even 2027 is a short time and considerably lowers the probability of winning for the F-18 SH. It means that you shut the assembly line just after the delivery of the last Indian plane.

Even 2027 is a short time and considerably lowers the probability of winning for the F-18 SH. It means that you shut the assembly line just after the delivery of the last Indian plane.

There are advantages and disadvantages to both.

While the Rafale line will be open for longer, the SH has a faster phase out cycle, so a lot more jets will be available for cannibalising. And the SH's engine line will remain open in India until late next decade for indigenous jets.

There are advantages and disadvantages to both.

While the Rafale line will be open for longer, the SH has a faster phase out cycle, so a lot more jets will be available for cannibalising. And the SH's engine line will remain open in India until late next decade for indigenous jets.
You can always find advantages in this situation, but I don't know of any company that would have taken the risk of announcing the end of an assembly line just before a choice is made in a competition in which it is participating.

I still think the rafale is the best option. Not because the Rafale is better, because I don't think it is. India has said both suit their requirement and you already have the Rafale infrastructure. Why introduce another platform?

I don't see the line closing as an issue. The Super Hornet lll, will get regular upgrades till it's retired. It's what the US does. It is superior now and will continue to be so.

Reactions: RASALGHUL