Multi-Role Carrier Borne Fighter For The Indian Navy - Updates & Discussions

What should we select?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In the same post..Don't you see what you said?
As to our hardware, you might want to look at wiki. That would be good enough to show your mistake.
We don't have. They are two different discussions exclusive to each other. You are entirely dependent on American hardware. We are not.

Reactions: Rajput Lion
Once again you prove how dumb you really are! As per IAF, Brahmos is not only supersonic but its RCS is also very low. In fact, as per our respected AM(retired) SBP Sinha it has stealth too. Read this:

Source:BrahMos Supersonic Cruise Missile-Superlative Weapon For ‘Cruise Missile Triad’ - Indian Aerospace and Defence Bulletin - News for aerospace and defence in India
I don't usually read this kind of Indian military interview, the obvious propaganda, common sense tells me that Brahmos is much larger than the average missile, the inlet of the missile head will form a huge reflection source, and the missile head limits the aperture of the radar

India to seek financial quotes for Rafale M from France
IAF requirement not on table
Training could also be fast-tracked as Indian naval pilots could train on French navy fighters rather than wait for the delivery of Indian fighters

So messed up. IAF wants the Rafale but can say it out loud. Even government knows that the IAF wants Rafale but can't provide it directly because of scam allegations and all.

Reactions: marich01
So messed up. IAF wants the Rafale but can say it out loud. Even government knows that the IAF wants Rafale but can't provide it directly because of scam allegations and all.

Election timing is a point of course, but IAF is prone to wanting more mature jets down the line. I am sure they secretly want the more upgrades to be packed in with the order like we have already seen, but both order line and timeline of such tech being available are somewhat far away. Officially you have to ask for rfi rfp so it will be time pass for next 2 years.
With joint command, I would think for emergency they could use those from land in the NE front too?

Election timing is a point of course, but IAF is prone to wanting more mature jets down the line. I am sure they secretly want the more upgrades to be packed in with the order like we have already seen, but both order line and timeline of such tech being available are somewhat far away. Officially you have to ask for rfi rfp so it will be time pass for next 2 years.
With joint command, I would think for emergency they could use those from land in the NE front too?

Things could have been a whole lot simpler had the IAF been allowed to buy 4 squadrons instead of 2.

• Agree
Things could have been a whole lot simpler had the IAF been allowed to buy 4 squadrons instead of 2.
Yes in a way that would be of course, but I am not sure on current Govt footing bill for that. It was obvious from 2014 that this Govt want whatever we buy to be made within the country, be it license prod/tech transfer, which the foreign OEM is not keen on. Now they have made mandatory ToT on every deal, we can safely assume MRFA as intended is never going to happen. IAF is a demanding customer and want huge load of modification without thinking about cost, which the OEMs are happy to charge exorbitant money for. So 2 Sqn was right given Dassault do not want to make jets here, not for 4 sqn with 2 in France and 2 here plus more orders in future similar to MKI deal.

IAF is in a pickle because they want mid weight category multirole european stuff only, which Rus can not offer and they have no more appetite to handle heavy jets. Govt want whatever IAf wants, but in a Su30 type business arrangement (ignoring the part that we paid for dev of MKI for now). Govt will not foot bill for more without getting some domestic value addition.

For the record, I do not expect Indian weapon integration on rafale to proceed much given Dassaults history.

Yes in a way that would be of course, but I am not sure on current Govt footing bill for that. It was obvious from 2014 that this Govt want whatever we buy to be made within the country, be it license prod/tech transfer, which the foreign OEM is not keen on. Now they have made mandatory ToT on every deal, we can safely assume MRFA as intended is never going to happen. IAF is a demanding customer and want huge load of modification without thinking about cost, which the OEMs are happy to charge exorbitant money for. So 2 Sqn was right given Dassault do not want to make jets here, not for 4 sqn with 2 in France and 2 here plus more orders in future similar to MKI deal.

IAF is in a pickle because they want mid weight category multirole european stuff only, which Rus can not offer and they have no more appetite to handle heavy jets. Govt want whatever IAf wants, but in a Su30 type business arrangement (ignoring the part that we paid for dev of MKI for now). Govt will not foot bill for more without getting some domestic value addition.

For the record, I do not expect Indian weapon integration on rafale to proceed much given Dassaults history.

Yes, that's the main reason. But it's been 8 years since the decision was taken. And 4 squadrons wouldn't have impacted MRFA anyway. Rather 4 squadrons would have allowed a proper setting up of an MRO facility for the Rafales, and the offset amount would have possibly been enough to help replace the F414 with an M88 derived Kaveri engine for LCA Mk2. We would right now have begun producing this engine for Mk2.

4 IAF squadrons was enough for a final assembly line in India, with some limited production. The IN's order would also have contributed to the line. Dassault pointed out they only need an order for 90 jets to make the line happen. 98 jets would have exceeded that margin significantly.

Dassault has no problem integrating Indian weapons on the Rafale, they had agreed to it 15 years ago. Astra and some A2G munitions are gonna be integrated. Even weapons from the private sector are planned.

Modi is too much appreciated in India not to be in a position to impose another GtoG deal, for the same "India safety reason".
36 more for a total of 72 made already a fierce IAF component.
And maybe 36 more and last later....
72 to 108 was my opinion from the beginning, years ago.

36 more for a total of 72 made already a fierce IAF component.
And maybe 36 more and last later....
72 to 108 was my opinion from the beginning, years ago.
Why not Dassault show it's making progress towards offsets and localisation?

French is already failing to fullfill previous contract obligations by a very big margin.

Why not Dassault show it's making progress towards offsets and localisation?

French is already failing to fullfill previous contract obligations by a very big margin.
Dassault never spoke before its customer !

The Rafale team may be late, but not failling. Very big margin? explain please.

Dassault never spoke before its customer !

The Rafale team may be late, but not failling. Very big margin? explain please.
Where is the result of 50% offset obligations? Where is the Falcon assembly? Is there any contribution from MBDA or Snecma?

Whats interesting is that you need explaining !

Now compared that with Gripen. They already got huge industrial advantage even though timelines are missed.

Where is the result of 50% offset obligations? Where is the Falcon assembly? Is there any contribution from MBDA or Snecma?

Whats interesting is that you need explaining !

Now compared that with Gripen. They already got huge industrial advantage even though timelines are missed.
Already in 2018 Dassault decided on several partnerships with Indian manufacturers, such as BTSL, DEFSYS, Kinetic, Mahindra, Maini, SAMTEL... and Reliance, which represented 10% of the investments it was to make.
In all, some thirty partnerships had already been concluded, and negotiations were under way with around a hundred Indian companies. In addition, Dassault has set up training centres in India to ensure that its staff are a little more professional than those from HAL. Safran and Thales did much the same thing, and only MBDA was penalised for a ridiculously small sum.

Already in 2018 Dassault decided on several partnerships with Indian manufacturers, such as BTSL, DEFSYS, Kinetic, Mahindra, Maini, SAMTEL... and Reliance, which represented 10% of the investments it was to make.
In all, some thirty partnerships had already been concluded, and negotiations were under way with around a hundred Indian companies. In addition, Dassault has set up training centres in India to ensure that its staff are a little more professional than those from HAL. Safran and Thales did much the same thing, and only MBDA was penalised for a ridiculously small sum.
Concluding MoUs are not considered towards offsets. But creating actual value addition is.

Are you telling me that $4-5 billion of offset is already discharged? How about half of it?

I would say there should be more for penalty missing actual contracting deadlines. It's been 7 years. Now who is running on IST?

The Rafale deal signed in September 2016 has a50% offset clause to be discharged by the four French partners — Dassault Aviation, MBDA, Safran and Thales. Dassault Aviation has set up a joint venture with Anil Ambani’s Reliance Defence — Dassault Reliance Aerospace Limited — in Nagpur to manufacture components for the former’s civil jets. The MoD informed the CAG that the offset obligations of the vendor are to start from September 23, 2019 and the first annual commitment would have to be completed by September 23, 2020.

compared that with Gripen. They already got huge industrial advantage even though timelines are missed.
A huge industrial advantage? Sorry I don't see it.
They have nothing to transfer on engine. Nor on air weaponery.

2020 and 2021 news. In 2 years a lot of things may occured.
If there is no more recent news despite a purchase of Rafale M nearly secured and some more for IAF on the agenda, that means that the solution is on track, no?