Pakistan AirForce : Updates & Discussions

They accepted loss of three non operational aircrafts
Though in previous attack on air base in Karachi,they hid the loss of AWAC.
So i will not be surprised if later some major loss is revealed.
The chances of internal involvement is also there.Such attacks are coordinated with internal help.
It was aews

Additional SAABs.

The SAAB 2000 went out of production more than 25 years ago I think. They will surely get some airframes, although it will not be easy as not a lot were produced.

And some 10 years down the line they will face severe problems with spares.
For IAF We have no concern for AWACS except numbers, and we can modernize AWACS systems since we have a solid understanding of them. The only missing system that must be included in the IAF inventory is the indigenous ELINT system, and like the F35, we should include miniaturized technology for the AMCA.

Reactions: Rajput Lion

Bankrupt nation Pakistani Paf to get 5th generation J-35 fighters soon, while $4 trillion economy Indian iaf is struggling to induct 4.75 gen Rafales Irony of our times... 😅😅
It will be interesting how they will handle the j-31's considering how expensive fifth gen fighters are to maintain. Would be surprising if they get any of the j-31's before 2026. The plane hasn't even been weapons tested. Maybe the chings can help them in covering the maintenance costs considering how bankrupt the goatshaggers are.

China has two types of bikes. One is Beneli, and the other is Gulsar. Only time will tell if J31 is Gulsar or Beneli. We have our strategic planners waiting for the right time to take action, and then when they get slapped and run like headless chickens and buy something from a foreign country. I still don't know why we don't have a high-altitude test facility for aero engines :mad:

1704299359842.png

• Haha
It will be interesting how they will handle the j-31's considering how expensive fifth gen fighters are to maintain. Would be surprising if they get any of the j-31's before 2026. The plane hasn't even been weapons tested. Maybe the chings can help them in covering the maintenance costs considering how bankrupt the goatshaggers are.
I have a feeling that J-10s and now J-35s (& J-20s) too will be coming to PAF but all these will be handled by PLAAF pilots or indirectly Pakistan is now a Chinese Base. They also around 60000 PLA troops in PoJ&K...

So it's not a good news for India...

So Pakistan will be flying the JF-17, J-10C and J-35 while slowly retiring all other frames?

On the surface it seems like an okay mix for their needs. Definitely way more simplified logistics versus what India is fielding.

Defense spending is an unnecessary spending only for indoans, not for pakistanis.

I have a feeling that J-10s and now J-35s (& J-20s) too will be coming to PAF but all these will be handled by PLAAF pilots or indirectly Pakistan is now a Chinese Base. They also around 60000 PLA troops in PoJ&K...

So it's not a good news for India...
Nah the j-20's have been banned for export by the CCP. Only the j-31's will come. The issue is the Pakistanis get the rd-93 /ws-13 version of the j-31 or the ws-19 version. The j-10's are to force us to position the rafales along pak airspace. They have ordered 36 j-10CE's. The Chinese can focus on Japan,SEA and North East by forcing us to position rafales in the west. It's a game of Go tbf. They don't care if the Pakistanis fly them,crash them or don't even use them. They just want to dump enough hardware so that we are focused on the Pakistanis rather than the chongs.
There's a reason we need to multiple production lines of multiple fighters. We need f-35, rafale and f-15EX/typhoon. We need Tejas,mk2, super Sukhoi and amca. We need a lot of aerial hardware to defend and dominate enemy airspace. Presently we need atleast 200 Tejas mk1a just facing the western border to counter the huge junk of Mirage III/V, jf-17's and f-16's.

They never operated twin engine fighters and the FC-31 is still in a tech demo stage. Also its a CCP govt funded project unlike JF-17 which was company funded. Si, Priority will be their airforce. Chance of PAF getting in this decade J-31 is slim. But, you never know in the case of the chinese, their scale is unpredictable.

• Agree
They never operated twin engine fighters and the FC-31 is still in a tech demo stage. Also its a CCP govt funded project unlike JF-17. Priority will be their airforce. Chance of PAF getting in this decade J-31 is slim. But, you never know in the case of the chinese.
I honestly wouldn't expect it until after 2030. Even if the jet is fully developed over the next year or two the PAF has enough on its plate digesting new J-10C and JF-17blk3.

Not to mention affording a new jet. I know they'll eat grass or whatever but there is still a limit to how much they can afford for maintenance/acquisition.

Side note, isn't the j-35 being developed primarily as a carrier based fighter? I wonder I'd they'll make a Pakistani version with a normal chassis and without a tail hook.

Reactions: RASALGHUL
Inevitably, PAF will be fielding a Chinese 5th gen fighter before IAF get's their hands on one, so IAF will be forced to purchase more Rafales. Chinese will be happy setting another roadblock in India's way as they always do. Expensive French input into Indian MIC's future is looking more and more tempting.