Project 75 India Diesel-electric Submarine Programs (SSK) : Updates and Discussions

Who will win the P75I program?

• L&T and Navantia

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • MDL and TKMS

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • It will get canceled eventually

Votes: 13 37.1%

• Total voters
The issue is they will fail at ToT just like the Minesweeper deal as they don't actually own the technology.
Once bitten twice shy. It's a wonder how was the Korean mfg company qualified for the MCMV tender in spite of the stringent requirements of the IN . After that attempt & in the light of what's happened recently between DSME & Indonesia & later with TKMS literally suing DSME for violations of IPR , if the IN still persists in continuing with DSME then there's something fishy afoot .

The issue is they will fail at ToT just like the Minesweeper deal as they don't actually own the technology.

Just the hull alone will cover 50% ToT requirement. The stuff that's not owned by SoKo is just 30% of the sub, and reducing, so there's 70% to play with. Scorpene too, we didn't get all the main stuff, just the hull and some others. Also, IN wants quite a bit of the electronics and propulsion Indianised. ToT isn't a factor here.

Minesweeper deal died because they were way above the benchmark costs. ToT was already agreed upon.
“Contracts for transfer of technology about the Mine Countermeasures Vessels (MCMV) or minesweepers should be signed soon,” Vice Admiral (Controller Warship Production and Acquisition) G S Pabby told reporters Wednesday.

"It is moving very well. We are monitoring it very closely because we badly need these ships. We have finalised almost all issues related to transfer of technology from the foreign collaborators and that contract should be signed very soon," he said.

The Koreans asked for an extra billion. So money was the main sticking point. And the same as MMRCA, they refused to guarantee stuff that GSL made.

Our ToT requirement is not difficult for the OEMs to match considering the size of orders.

• Informative
Reactions: Valhalla
See this is the problem.

An AoN is not equal to contract signing. Currently

Germans:- The clauses in P75I are not favorable. We can also drop out leading to single vendor situation.

India:- Okay we relax the liability clause and extend the response time.

Germany:- Okay , btw I think a direct G2G deal will benefit both of us, won't it?

India:- If you think so, maybe bring up in writing what you propose and then we will talk.

Germany:- Okay we are working on the proposal.

That's it. That's the story till now. Nothing more.

Screenshot (2).png

I haven't heard any updates on this. Has the MoD formally issued a RFP?

Any news on G2G deals? Surely there have been plenty of opportunities for high level discussion with all the global meetings/conferences...