Rafale DH/EH of Indian Air Force : News and Discussions

That's incorrect. The chief of NIIP himself said search range is 350Km and narrow beam range is more than 400Km in an interview.
I can only say that the paper was written as I said, and what did the Russians say, I don't know

It's situational. Fighters can detect and track targets on their own. AWACS provide extra capability. Naturally, AWACS are decision makers so the situation is different.
Narrow field of view mode requires AWACS to be the general direction of the target

Even with a look-down range at 180Km, look-up range will be 300Km.

And your search range could be what we call "tracking" range. Then that's fine too, although this could be at lower power settings, which is normal too.
I remember a Russian demonstration of the N035 radar, which established stable tracking within 100KM

If Bars can do 130Km against a 3m2 target, small radars are doing way more than that. Uttam Mk1 with just 736 TRMs can do far more than that.
I think so. The air cooled AESA supplied by China to Pakistan has a maximum detection range of 200KM (LKF601E).

One of the major problems in the design of the J11B was to solve the trim problem of the aircraft after changing the radar,
Finally solve by the extensive use of composite materials in the rear of the aircraft
Composites are also planned for MKI UPG.

If Bars can do 130Km against a 3m2 target,
EtRlyGWXAAEFcOT.jpeg

I found this image, HAL, data from the air show in 2021, maximum search distance 130KM, not 180km

View attachment 27652
I found this image, HAL, data from the air show in 2021, maximum search distance 130KM, not 180km
So you think HAL would reveal real range figure of our number 1 fighter's radar in an air show poster?? Lol.

PS: One interesting thing from that brochure is that Bars weight as of now is around 555 kgs(+-11kgs). This is around 100 kilo lighter that the earlier Bars prototype that was around 650kgs in weight.

That's better than your unfounded nonsense here. This is the official data. If you believe in radar weight, why not believe the search distance data?
So you think HAL would reveal real range figure of our number 1 fighter's radar in an air show poster?? Lol.
It depends on whether you add the weight of the power supply and cooling system
PS: One interesting thing from that brochure is that Bars weight as of now is around 555(+-11kgs). This is around 100 kilo lighter that the earlier Bars prototype that was around 650kgs in weight.

That's better than your unfounded nonsense here. This is the official data. If you believe in radar weight, why not believe the search distance data?
Because that would be foolish. You don't reveal top secret things in public but only generic things.
It depends on whether you add the weight of the power supply and cooling system
Radar Control System(RLSU) should include everything.

Because that would be foolish. You don't reveal top secret things in public but only generic things
Can I say that the KLJ 7A search distance is 2000KM? Because he uses China's top secret technology, just like the N 011M radar uses India's top secret technology?
As for why 200KM at the air show, haha, China will not publish its own data at the air show😂😂😂😂😂😂

Can I say that the KLJ 7A search distance is 2000KM? Because he uses China's top secret technology, just like the N 011M radar uses India's top secret technology?
As for why 200KM at the air show, haha, China will not publish its own data at the air show😂😂😂😂😂😂
Brother, this is Rafale thread. Kindly take this discussion elsewhere.

Narrow field of view mode requires AWACS to be the general direction of the target

Not necessarily. ESM can pick up bearing if the opposing aircraft is emitting and the aircraft can point the radar towards it.

I remember a Russian demonstration of the N035 radar, which established stable tracking within 100KM

The first comment is interesting in the video.

Where are the conformal radars for 360° situational awareness? @randomradio @Picdelamirand-oil
Firstly : as said above France has proposed a rafale club for the F5. That's a proposition to work on. But if India want for example to work on more warloads I think it will be studied.
Secondly : on this sheme what is important is the fonction not how it looks like. Then the only thing we know is that there's a RBE2 XG. But we don't know the new capabilities it will add. It can very well add a 360° situational awareness but at this point we don't know. This sheme antenna looks able to see at 270 more or less. And spectra is made with the same material than the RBE2. It could perhaps be envisionned to used spectra as a radar and the reb2 as a spectra element.

Last edited: