Rafale DH/EH of Indian Air Force : News and Discussions

Do anyone know where i can find some documents about the administrative and financial structuration of the aerospace cluster in Nagpur? I'm back to school for a Master 2 in innovation (omgz, at 52!), and i have to choose a cluster (anyone worldwide) to smake a small student report. I'm thererfore in need of official information (an executive summary about MMI would be nice also). Where do webcrawling lead us... ;)

Do anyone know where i can find some documents about the administrative and financial structuration of the aerospace cluster in Nagpur? I'm back to school for a Master 2 in innovation (omgz, at 52!), and i have to choose a cluster (anyone worldwide) to smake a small student report. I'm thererfore in need of official information (an executive summary about MMI would be nice also). Where do webcrawling lead us... ;)

Don't know if this helps. But in the spirit of something is better than nothing, here goes. These links ought to yield further info on links which may actually provide you the data you need.

Welcome to MADC

MIHAN | District Nagpur,Government of Maharashtra

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/topic/MIHAN

Rafale in India: a [half] paid deal

50% payment completed to this date - milestone achievement for upgrade in 2022 (see the parallel with the F4 schedule (available in 2022)).

And regarding the overall price (source: Times of India):

Master.jpg

Reactions: Picdelamirand-oil
Rafale in India: a [half] paid deal

50% payment completed to this date - milestone achievement for upgrade in 2022 (see the parallel with the F4 schedule (available in 2022)).

And regarding the overall price (source: Times of India):

Master.jpg
So, as per the last clause of the salient features of the deal according to ToI, you've posted here, if we were to exercise the option of procuring another tranche of 36 Rafale to be imported, we'd have to go thru another circus.

So, as per the last clause of the salient features of the deal according to ToI, you've posted here, if we were to exercise the option of procuring another tranche of 36 Rafale to be imported, we'd have to go thru another circus.
Absolutely not, it would merely be a continuation of the same circus.

Due to the spread of ISEs, the more Rafale Indians buy, the cheaper each Rafale will be for them. This should encourage them to buy a lot of them. It is an awareness that we owe to Rahul. ;)

Nope. Only new stuff requires negotiations. Since the IGA is done, we will be using the same price, but with escalation, which is less than MMRCA deal. So all we have to do is place the order, add escalation to the price and your father's brother is Bob.

Nope. Only new stuff requires negotiations. Since the IGA is done, we will be using the same price, but with escalation, which is less than MMRCA deal. So all we have to do is place the order, add escalation to the price and your father's brother is Bob.
So, it's a new circus & Bob's not your uncle.

In a quid pro quo for a 9% cut in bare bones price, India had to forego a clause that would give it the option of buying more jets from Dassault on the same terms.

So, it's a new circus & Bob's not your uncle.

No. The headache aspects are over. If there is any new negotiation it's for adding something entirely new which was not part of the previous contract, which is logical.

And Bob's not my uncle, but your uncle. :censored:

The IAF will get delivery of the first four jets in France in September this year, which will be followed by training of the "main" induction team of around 10 pilots, 10 flight engineers and 40 technicians there.​
What exactly is the "flight engineer" position for fighter squadrons in the IAF? There's no room, or need, for this personnel onboard a fighter, so they must be ground staff, what's the difference between them and other technicians?

That was very ignorant on part of the article.

Since we have an IGA, we do not need an options clause. Options were only for tenders, where there was no IGA.
Ummm... surely there must be an expiry date on that offer though. Nobody can afford to hold a cost for an unlimited amount of time.

@randomradio

What would the timeline/rate look like for the arrival of Rafales if/when we finally sign the big deal? Also, I've seen you allude to another potential G2G deal for 36 more Rafales at some point - what are the chances of that, and how would that impact the numbers of the mega-deal?

@randomradio

What would the timeline/rate look like for the arrival of Rafales if/when we finally sign the big deal? Also, I've seen you allude to another potential G2G deal for 36 more Rafales at some point - what are the chances of that, and how would that impact the numbers of the mega-deal?

You mean MMRCA 2.0? Let's assume the tender goes out in Jan 2020. Then they will expect replies by July 2020. Followed by paper evaluations, technical evaluations and shortlist by Dec 2021, that's cut short by half the time from the previous process. Then 6-7 months minimum for L1, at least July 2022. A year and a half for contract negotiations, so signature sometime in 2023-24. So we will get the first squadron sometime in 2027-28. Then 12 jets every year after that. Hopefully common sense prevails and we absorb 24 jets a year at the minimum.

Considering the dates above, we definitely need at least 2 more tranches of 36 jets each. One tranche to absorb between 2023 and 2025. The second one between 2025 and 2027, in time for deliveries of the MMRCA orders in 2028. So we need two new contracts for 36 each signed in 2020 and 2022, which is highly possible if Dassault goes ahead with their MII plans. It will get easier to push the contract through once CAG comes out with the Rafale report.

So, if you come back in 10-15 years and order more aircraft, the French will sell them for the same price and ignore inflation?:poop:

The contract includes inflation. Both M-2000 and Rafale IGA have escalation built into them.