Sukhoi Su-30MKI

Why won't russia offer similar capabilities what they are developing for pak fa ?

Sure they can. And they have. But why rely on them when we can do it on our own?

Even for FGFA, we planned to use their hardware and our own software, and this was decided the previous decade when we didn't have our own hardware. Now we have both. That's one of the reasons why FGFA has been put on the back burner.

Reactions: Sathya
Yeah. It's old news though. It's already on the Jaguar and will soon go on the LCA.

The massive requirement for it can be built in India. MBDA is already open to the idea. We need to replace 4000 R-73s.

It's good to standardise on just one CCM. So, after MKI, I hope it ends up on both the M-2000 and Rafale as well.

Which one ll be the better CCM

IRIS T, Asraam , Python, Mica / NG ?

Or any newly developed Russian missile for Pak Fa ?

if you may recollect, I had always maintained a figure of 315 SU-30MKI comprising 15 sqns. These 18 will take the overall numbers to 290 only. wait for another order of 25.

Considering the delays and attrition we are facing, along with the Rafale fiasco, I doubt we will ever stop buying MKIs.

I hope they cancel the MMRCA tender and simply have new tender for private players who can build the Rafale in India. So Dassault can directly go for MII with an Indian partner that MoD chooses as SP.

Which one ll be the better CCM

IRIS T, Asraam , Python, Mica / NG ?

Or any newly developed Russian missile for Pak Fa ?

ASRAAM is the best option.

IRST has less range but is more manoeuvrable, we need range. Python V is good, but Jaguar and LCA cannot be integrated with it, so pointless. MICA is ridiculously expensive. New Russian missile is still a long ways to go, but it's too early to tell what it is. They say it's ASRAAM class, but who knows?

• Informative
Considering the delays and attrition we are facing, along with the Rafale fiasco, I doubt we will ever stop buying MKIs.

I hope they cancel the MMRCA tender and simply have new tender for private players who can build the Rafale in India. So Dassault can directly go for MII with an Indian partner that MoD chooses as SP.

Will happy to see if its upgraded to Russian Su 30 level at the least.

All MKIs will start receiving upgrades anyway, much more than the SM.

i meant the additional 18 0r 40 we have planned to buy...
it ll disappointing if we buy thats made in 2004 or something.. it has to be atleast in the standard thats recently done for russia

i meant the additional 18 0r 40 we have planned to buy...
it ll disappointing if we buy thats made in 2004 or something.. it has to be atleast in the standard thats recently done for russia

A new configuration will require a fresh round of negotiations, whereas this is an emergency purchase, so they will want to save time.

But we can upgrade some things during the CKD stage with our own tech, which we are already doing. Like the EW suite and MAWS which are not part of the Russian supplied configuration. We can also have them remove the IRST from the contract and install our own, maybe even the LWS. We can also install a superior mission computer. Basically, stuff that we are putting into the MKI using our own tech can be done during the CKD stage.

The new MKIs will definitely be better than the mid 2000s configuration, no doubt about that.

I am guessing it's somewhat related to upgradation of rest of the fleet. In addition to fleet / attrition replacement.

Could be the stepping stone .

Somewhat strategic deep thought s into a series of follow up buying plans like Rafale.

Alternatively..

Aashish mentioned some compromise had happened putting india at difficult position .

So this deal might be to placate the denial of UPG deal to Russia . India could be doing on its own , Asraam timing coincide.