Sukhoi Su-30MKI

The missile is K-77M with over 200Kms range and AESA seeker.

I hope it's true.

IAF becomes first airforce in the world to operationalise AESA seeker equipped AAM. But the pic is of an Astra launch.

I'm afraid that achievement has already gone to the Japanese. They were the first to get an AESA equipped fighter jet back in 1993 and the AAM-4B BVRAAM is also AESA equipped. The AAM-4B became operational in 2010.

Forget Stealth: This Deadly Missile Transformed Air Combat Forever
The Japanese AAM-4B ARH missile is the first ARH missile in the world with an AESA seeker, which can increase the slew rate of the radar, allowing it to potentially be more powerful and track targets faster.

Reactions: Milspec
Wonder what's the configuration of the Super Sukhoi and when's it going to come?

A NIIP made AESA radar combined with an Indian EW suite called Dhruti, sensor fused with an IMA capable mission computer, comm, navigation, MAWS, LWS, OBOGS and IRST, built around the Su-35's engine, 117S. Most of the Indian tech is for the entire fleet, while the radar and engine are only for a small number.

Some of the 'Indian' stuff was basically built with Israeli help, like the datalink and MAWS, but we own the tech.

The software defined radio is a mix of India and Israel, mostly Israel. It's currently more advanced than what's going on the F-35.

As for the date, your guess is as good as mine. I'm hoping for a 2025 squadron induction.

A NIIP made AESA radar combined with an Indian EW suite called Dhruti, sensor fused with an IMA capable mission computer, comm, navigation, MAWS, LWS, OBOGS and IRST, built around the Su-35's engine, 117S. Most of the Indian tech is for the entire fleet, while the radar and engine are only for a small number.

Some of the 'Indian' stuff was basically built with Israeli help, like the datalink and MAWS, but we own the tech.

The software defined radio is a mix of India and Israel, mostly Israel. It's currently more advanced than what's going on the F-35.

As for the date, your guess is as good as mine. I'm hoping for a 2025 squadron induction.

Engine 117s confirmed for super Sukhoi?

Engine 117s confirmed for super Sukhoi?

AFAIK, it's not 100% confirmed yet, we need official confirmation obviously, but there's no other engine option from Saturn. There's 117, but not sure if it's Flanker cleared yet.

And we do not know if there will be a weight increase or decrease during the upgrade. It's 'cause the Bars at 650Kg is already so heavy, we can shave off 300 Kgs there. And there's a plan for using composites to reduce the weight even further. So it's possible a nominally uprated AL-31FP can be used.

But the Russians are already upgrading their version of the MKI with the 117S in order to bring it on par with the Su-35. And they plan to buy 36 of these new jets.

Also the new engine is necessary for the extra onboard power it generates. This will allow the jet to be equipped with the most modern version of the PESA Bars, which will bring it on par with the Irbis-E, or even get an AESA upgrade. And we are obviously going for the AESA upgrade, so we need the new engine.

The Russians plan to initiate the 117S upgrade this year, and it will be fleetwide. Their next phase of upgrades will be after the MKI is upgraded.

AFAIK, it's not 100% confirmed yet, we need official confirmation obviously, but there's no other engine option from Saturn. There's 117, but not sure if it's Flanker cleared yet.

And we do not know if there will be a weight increase or decrease during the upgrade. It's 'cause the Bars at 650Kg is already so heavy, we can shave off 300 Kgs there. And there's a plan for using composites to reduce the weight even further. So it's possible a nominally uprated AL-31FP can be used.

But the Russians are already upgrading their version of the MKI with the 117S in order to bring it on par with the Su-35. And they plan to buy 36 of these new jets.

Also the new engine is necessary for the extra onboard power it generates. This will allow the jet to be equipped with the most modern version of the PESA Bars, which will bring it on par with the Irbis-E, or even get an AESA upgrade. And we are obviously going for the AESA upgrade, so we need the new engine.

The Russians plan to initiate the 117S upgrade this year, and it will be fleetwide. Their next phase of upgrades will be after the MKI is upgraded.

These Supr Sukhoi upgrades, are they planned for the whole fleet? How long will it take to upgrade the full number? And last of all, how will our Super Sukhois stack up against top of the line enemy aircraft?

These Supr Sukhoi upgrades, are they planned for the whole fleet? How long will it take to upgrade the full number? And last of all, how will our Super Sukhois stack up against top of the line enemy aircraft?

It's a large fleet, so the upgrade will be in phases. For example, jets that are newly built will obviously not get the same upgrades as the current upgrade program.

It will be like the Jaguar upgrade, where a few dozen jets are upgraded at a time, so you have DARIN I, II, III, Max etc.

For example, the MoD cleared the development of a new IRST for the MKI and the initial number will be 100. But it's not necessary for 100 jets to get the new AESA radar and engine. But who knows? I have no clue about the number yet. You can assume it's between 50 and 100.

EW suite, MC, MAWS, LWS, SDR, datalink etc will likely be fleetwide though, since we control these technologies. But this will take many years to happen, should easily be whatever is the rate we overhaul the jets every year, easily 30+.

As for how the upgrade will stack up against China, no clue. The J-20 will obviously get a new engine and new upgrades. And at least two or three more new stealth jets.
Against Pakistan, no comparison, they are done. They don't have the finances to compete with us. And nobody is going to give them the tech necessary considering how exposed they are to espionage.

It's a large fleet, so the upgrade will be in phases. For example, jets that are newly built will obviously not get the same upgrades as the current upgrade program.

It will be like the Jaguar upgrade, where a few dozen jets are upgraded at a time, so you have DARIN I, II, III, Max etc.

For example, the MoD cleared the development of a new IRST for the MKI and the initial number will be 100. But it's not necessary for 100 jets to get the new AESA radar and engine. But who knows? I have no clue about the number yet. You can assume it's between 50 and 100.

EW suite, MC, MAWS, LWS, SDR, datalink etc will likely be fleetwide though, since we control these technologies. But this will take many years to happen, should easily be whatever is the rate we overhaul the jets every year, easily 30+.

As for how the upgrade will stack up against China, no clue. The J-20 will obviously get a new engine and new upgrades. And at least two or three more new stealth jets.
Against Pakistan, no comparison, they are done. They don't have the finances to compete with us. And nobody is going to give them the tech necessary considering how exposed they are to espionage.

how about radar absorbant material
Is it possible to integrate them on the sukhoi

Do current MKI have MEWS?

Umm... unless you were looking for a Cat sitting the SU 30 MKI cockpit, I am pretty sure MEWS are not part of any fighter system.

If you can provide the full form of the system you are enquiring about, it will be helpful.

He's talking about missile early warning system or missile approach warning.

For the bold part :

No.

giphy.gif

He's talking about missile early warning system or missile approach warning.

None of the Indian fighter jets have MAWS, Rafale would be the first ones, next LCA Mk1A and the LCH.

The new MAW systems will be retrofitted on existing platforms as the domestic tech is very close to fruition.

Umm... unless you were looking for a Cat sitting the SU 30 MKI cockpit, I am pretty sure MEWS are not part of any fighter system.

If you can provide the full form of the system you are enquiring about, it will be helpful.

Typo, Missile Approach Warning!

None of the Indian fighter jets have MAWS, Rafale would be the first ones, next LCA Mk1A and the LCH.

The new MAW systems will be retrofitted on existing platforms as the domestic tech is very close to fruition.

And it is there in F-16 Blk 52!

For the bold part :

No.

giphy.gif

Yes, it is. The F-35's SDR currently lacks video functions, while the one we are buying does. Heaven and hell difference between the two considering the kind of bitrates you need for video. So obviously you can infer a lot of other ways it can be superior, like the transfer of real time maps.

• Informative
Reactions: LoneWolfSandeep
You mean radar absorbent structures. That should be part of the upgrade for the intakes.
are you saying smoothing of the structure is also the part of upgrade plan, in that case we would end up changing lot of exposed structure with composites which is good but then cost?