Ukraine - Russia Conflict

Yikes! $66 billion vs $5.4 billion.

If Russian corruption were at the level of US and level of oversight this war would have been over by now.

Lol. The Pantsir is basically a rocket with command guidance. :rolleyes:

Tamir:
The Tamir interceptor was initially estimated to cost $100,000 to produce, but recent estimates assert unit costs of roughly $40,000 to $50,000 each.4

Iron Dome’s Tamir missiles cost anywhere from $20,000 to $100,000 each, depending on whose numbers are being quoted.

Oh, so you're saying last year, when the budget was set, they had already decided they were going to spend, according to you, $0.9B a day and have already set that amount aside?

And they are down $350B a year when their yearly budget is less than $300B a year?

Do you actually think before you post? Or are you a bot of some kind?

Which page did you find this in CIA's factbook for sheep?
A bespoke 2-stage missile, which still requires a bespoke radio link and a computer-controlled, high-demand actuation system that needs to be fast enough to hit targets manoeuvring at up to 9g. A GPS guided rocket uses a mass-produced GPS receiver and a low demand actuation system to hit a fixed target. I also see no evidence of a Pantsir-S1 hitting a ballistic rocket/missile, a Buk maybe, but that's much more expensive. Like I said, conventional logic dictates that any SAM costs more than a rocket, find me a price and prove me wrong.

That price has not been released by the Israeli government, so it's just some random BS figure going round the internet.
The Israeli government will not officially disclose this information.

What we know for sure, it costs $1bn to restock and Israel has not used 25,000 missiles. Israel doesn't even pay for them it seems, or maybe $40k per rocket is what they pay, the US pays the rest. :ROFLMAO:

An AIM-9X costs $400k and does not have ARH seeker. A Starstreak HVM costs £100k ($120k). A JDAM kit costs $25k. A price of $40k is impossible simple as that.

No, when they planned it, they planned to spend $Xbn on public services and infrastructure (normal stuff). They now have costs of 365 x $0.9bn extra and have reduced spend by $24bn. So the amount they now have to spend on public services and infrastructure is $[X-(365x$0.9bn) - $24bn]. Their typical annual spend is ~$800bn for public services and infrastructure (including defence), so now it's about $446bn, amounting to a 43.5% reduction.

76% of gas doesn't come from Russia. GFCH will no longer be sold after 2030 in the EU/UK, so as with oil, demand will reduce, all Russia has done is jump off the rollercoaster before the ride has finished.

Last edited:
A bespoke 2-stage missile, which still requires a bespoke radio link and a computer-controlled, high-demand actuation system that needs to be fast enough to hit targets manoeuvring at up to 9g.

Oh, no, a device as expensive as a cellphone... :rolleyes:

Since when was an actuation system expensive?

76% of gas doesn't come from Russia.

It doesn't matter where the rest of the gas comes from, what matters is how much volume is available for trade. If supply meets demand, then prices are stable. But if demand surpasses supply, prices skyrocket. So gas prices have skyrocketed by 700%.

That's what I've been saying. People think Russia and China will become close friends after the sanctions, but it was always gonna be the opposite. They have differences too. Not all countries are as pleasant to deal with as India after all.

Reactions: Herciv
It doesn't matter where the rest of the gas comes from, what matters is how much volume is available for trade. If supply meets demand, then prices are stable. But if demand surpasses supply, prices skyrocket. So gas prices have skyrocketed by 700%.

That's what I've been saying. People think Russia and China will become close friends after the sanctions, but it was always gonna be the opposite. They have differences too. Not all countries are as pleasant to deal with as India after all.
Well the market needs to move to meet the demand.

That post was about Europe not China.

A jam-resistant device interfaced to a computer-controlled actuation system that has to respond fast enough to hit 9g targets. I don't know why we're discussing Pantsir-S1 anyway, there's no evidence it's hit a ballistic missile or rocket, and I question the ability of a radio command missile to do so. So far you have provided to evidence of cost or ability.

Since forever when it's part of a control system and has to respond very fast. High demand control systems are expensive. Even far less complex low-end ABS or TCS control modules for cars, minus actuation system, radio link, proximity fuse, warhead, rocket motors, fuel and missile costs £1,000, the switch is another £100. You're dreaming if you think SAMs cost <$100k.

Like I said, find me actual hard proof from defence budget reports (not unofficial web gossip), that any non-MANPADS SAM costs <$100k in 2022. It would be a start if you could even prove there's a MANPADS that does though. Even a Stinger is $120k and you ain't shoot down rockets with that. :D

Last edited:

India paid $215m for 300 R-73Es in 2019. That's ~$720k per missile (for the export version), AIM-9X is $400k. So there's no evidence Russian stuff is even cheaper than Western stuff unless Russia is bumming you to death on prices.