Ukraine - Russia Conflict

Incredibly, a Russian soldier destroyed an S-300 SAM launcher of Ukraine with one shot, the cost of the S-300 SAM system was $250 million.

What Russia is storming in Ukraine, the defensive structures of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. When they say that the advance of the Russian army in Ukraine is slow, no one usually mentions the built defensive structures of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. It is also worth noting that now is not the Second World War and soldiers are not thrown into attacks on machine gun embrasures. For 8 years, the engineering troops of Ukraine have built many kilometers of defensive systems, this is of course not the Mannerheim Line, but these structures still need to be captured by the troops. Caponiers for heavy military equipment have been prepared in many places, where tanks or armored vehicles can be placed. Built concrete bunkers and bunkers that are even difficult to destroy artillery. You can keep the defense in them for several months in a row, even underground tunnels have been built. War correspondents showed the concrete structures of the Ukrainian army in the Donbass. Some examples of Ukrainian fortifications in the video.

Incredibly, a Russian soldier destroyed an S-300 SAM launcher of Ukraine with one shot, the cost of the S-300 SAM system was $250 million.

The S-300 has a 'V' on it. Is that not Russian? And why would you:

a) destroy it, rather than capturing it? and

b) set off 4 x 120kg warheads and rocket motors inside steel cases at such close range that both the firer and cameraman are certainly dead?

Given that one of them was stood up holding a camera while doing this (literally 15 metres away), oblivious to potential frag hazards, it seems that neither expected the shot to result in an explosion. This means that some dummy destroyed both their own S-300 system and themselves in a clear nod to Darwinism.

• Haha
Reactions: Shaktimaan
That post was about Europe not China.

There's more in the tweet.
A jam-resistant device interfaced to a computer-controlled actuation system that has to respond fast enough to hit 9g targets. I don't know why we're discussing Pantsir-S1 anyway, there's no evidence it's hit a ballistic missile or rocket, and I question the ability of a radio command missile to do so. So far you have provided to evidence of cost or ability.

Since forever when it's part of a control system and has to respond very fast. High demand control systems are expensive. Even far less complex low-end ABS or TCS control modules for cars, minus actuation system, radio link, proximity fuse, warhead, rocket motors, fuel and missile costs £1,000, the switch is another £100. You're dreaming if you think SAMs cost <$100k.

Like I said, find me actual hard proof from defence budget reports (not unofficial web gossip), that any non-MANPADS SAM costs <$100k in 2022. It would be a start if you could even prove there's a MANPADS that does though. Even a Stinger is $120k and you ain't shoot down rockets with that. :D

What if I tell ya it's $10,000?

“The Western intelligence communities have kind of made Russia ten feet tall, and it looks like they’re two feet small,” Maj. Gen. Rolf Folland, chief of the Royal Norwegian Air Force, said in an exclusive July 1 interview with Breaking Defense.

However, “I am very cautious not to jump to conclusions too early because this is special conflict,” he added. “A full out conflict between Russia, and the West would be something else. I think we shouldn’t underestimate their level of capability, because I don’t think we have seen it.”

Immediately in Belgorod and the Kherson region, rockets fired by the occupiers exploded in the air and flew back. Recently, this phenomenon is becoming more widespread

1657181056744.png

Ok, one mention, failure of negotiations, on what?

Huh, there are other things too. Pot calling kettle.

That tweet was talking about China failing to be a reliable ally to Russia. 'Cause I guess trade with the US is far more important to the Chinese.

I would ask for proof of both that, and proof of it shooting down a Tochka or HIMARS.

There is no need for it, Tochka and HIMARS are well within its ability to bring down. All of the technology needed for it is carried on the truck itself. The missile is basically a stick lobbed to kill the target.