Ukraine - Russia Conflict

Found in Luhansk following successful strike:

1683971426555.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Picdelamirand-oil
Heavy losses? Are you serious? Most of their aerial losses happened over a long period of time.
The losses happened rapidly when they were trying to gain air superiority, before realising they had no SEAD capability.
Oryx records the first Su-30SM shot down on the 3rd of March and the first Su-34 on the 1st of March, with just a handful actually shot down in the first week of March. That's pretty much a week after the war began. The RuAF didn't commit as much as you think to their SEAD/DEAD effort. It's also one of the reasons why they call it SMO instead of a war. I'd really like to see what NATO can do on the ground without an air force, especially when up against NATO++ ISR capabilities, you know, 'cause NATO's operating their ISR network without being challenged.
Russia has lost 80 aircraft despite flying mostly stand-off attack role, some aren't listed yet. Many more have simply simply fallen out of the sky by themselves due to being crap, i.e. take a look at the MiG-31's record. Only one loss is listed on Oryx but a total of 4 RuAF MiG-31s have been written off since the start of the war.

They are incapable of maintaining an air war.
He is glorifying his own units and admonishing regular forces. What you are looking at is a domestic spat.

Er... yeah, that's what I'm saying. Let me say it in terms you understand. He's saying "Wagner army stronk, Ruski army weak, running away".

He's in a political feud with generals in the regular army. He's doing so well, others are just jealous. Probably miffed at the fact that they can't lead any of the offensives. Even the Severo-Lysy offensive was lead by Wagner.
It was the domestic forces that lost the ground at the end of the day, so it's difficult to say he's wrong.
I've stated this before, and I'll state it again, if Putin had received proper intelligence about the resolve of the Ukrainians, he would have done something entirely different instead of this clusterfvck.
Putin is incapable of comprehending reality. After a while any liar will end up believing their own lies.
Yeah, dude, keep telling yourself that.
I will, because it's true, it's reality. If it could achieve air superiority it would, as would any nation fighting a war, because it makes the war much easier.

JFC, here, look, reality. And that was over Russia itself.

Russian EW seems to be working well I see.

I wonder if Ukraine also received some 'meatier' A2A missiles as well as Storm Shadows. :unsure:

After Patriot downs Russian missile, MDA wants to 'build out' counter-hypersonic capability
By Jason Sherman/ Inside Defense / May 10, 2023
The Missile Defense Agency is publicly calling on the Army to collaborate on improving Patriot to give land forces protection from maneuvering hypersonic weapons after Ukraine -- to the evident surprise of Defense Department leaders -- debuted the U.S.-developed air and missile defense system by intercepting a Russian hypersonic missile. MDA Director Vice Adm. Jon Hill -- who previously stated the only counter-hypersonic capability in the U.S. missile defense inventory was the SM-6

Last edited:
Apparently all 4 aircraft are reported as shot down by friendly fire!? :unsure:
Russians are that incompetent we've seen it in this war but 4 aircraft around the same time in same area? Something is off here. Maybe infiltration by Ukraine SF with manpads or starstreak missiles that can't be spoofed? Or maybe they were able to get a S300 close to border and then scoot after taking down those aircraft?

As for your A2A missiles... it's possible. If they can jury-rig HARMS, JDAMS, Stormshadows and now MALD-decoys they can jury-rig an Aim-120C7/D to be fired by Ukraine fighters using Patriot Battery to guide it to its target.

Apparently all 4 aircraft are reported as shot down by friendly fire!? :unsure:
Apparently a UKR sabotage team. If you send a dozen Russian-speaking soldiers 15 km from the border, knowing the Russian equipment used, having been able to listen to the radio exchanges of the battery, that you launch a small commando operation, during 2 hours you seize 2 launcher vehicles and a SA11 command vehicle and that you fire on everything that flies in the area (there is a strong chance that it is Russian), you can do some damage...

As a result, the Russians have to move all their batteries back 25 km, have to deploy thousands of soldiers to protect them, and force their planes to fly tactically over the border!

Reactions: BMD
Apparently a UKR sabotage team. If you send a dozen Russian-speaking soldiers 15 km from the border, knowing the Russian equipment used, having been able to listen to the radio exchanges of the battery, that you launch a small commando operation, during 2 hours you seize 2 launcher vehicles and a SA11 command vehicle and that you fire on everything that flies in the area (there is a strong chance that it is Russian), you can do some damage...

As a result, the Russians have to move all their batteries back 25 km, have to deploy thousands of soldiers to protect them, and force their planes to fly tactically over the border!
Possibly, or there is this:

So maybe some Ukrainian comedian decided to send a few MALDs in the direction of Russian aircraft pretending to be Ukrainian aircraft or Storm Shadows and then turned off the deception at the last minute so that they killed each other by accident.

Seems they used a MANPADS on the helicopters.

According to Russian media security services in Briansk region are looking for saboteurs who used MANPADS in Klintsy region​

In total 9 airmen killed in incidents with 2 Mi-8 helicopters, Su-34 and Su-35 jets in Briansk region​

Occupation authorities in parts of Luhansk region shutdown mobile internet in the area​