Air Battle over Kashmir : MiG-21 Bison shoots down F-16

I never said GOI is lying. Infact i dont believe IAF missed its targets. What im saying is IAF is incompetent for not updating the ROE after the strike and allowing PAF to claim a strike on our land.
No matter how many senior members on this forum defend it, IAF has screwed up the whole narrative. The message india sent out is everytime we bomb a “terrorist” non military target beyond our borders we will accept an equal strike to give a face saving to our foe. Not just face saving actually but might as well lose a jet or two to satisfy our foes ego too.

I wont blame any specific indian for this sort of thinking, its in our mental pysch to take a beating shamelessly and go about our lives as long as it doesn’t effect our pockets.

Few years ago I read about a study in US why indian professionals are preferred in IT over other nationalities. It’s because the are very submissive, can taking a beating and will not hit back. Indians are the last once to sue an employer in US. Infact they are the immigrants with least amount of legal cases.

That may be the case of those who leave to US or any other state. But not the ones who live in Bharat.

Are you implying that our airforce showed incompetence and missed all the targets and later lost a mig? Let's say that's true. In that case IAF and GOI falsifying info will be far worse. Same people who support Modi will Lynch him. We have had plenty of screw ups before and aren't afraid to reveal them.
No, I disagree that our administration is lying here. If that were the case, they wouldn't make such bold claims of 300 dead and f-16 shot down. Our defence minister even claimed to know the identity of the deceased pilot.
But you are right on one account. The GOI is hiding something. At least I think so.
Tbh, nobody here is questioning the strikes. Just the efficacy of it. You don't shoot millions of dollars worth of ammo across the bow and make a song and dance out of it. At the least the GoI doesn't and we can can trust it not to, irrespective of which party is in the government. The UPA decided not to retaliate for 26/11. It did receive some criticism for it but the electoral results just 6 months later proved that national security isn't too high on the agenda of the common man. What I'm trying to drive home is that GoI's tend to cop out the blame but will think 10 times before creating a blatantly false narrative.What the GoI ought to have done is take the nation into confidence by sharing evidence of such a strike. When they didn't they were painting a target on themselves for the opposition to target them. For the desi & international media to target them. One can understand reticence in sharing evidence once you've made retaliation a regular buz like the Israelis but not in the initial stages that too when you've faced the kind of outrage you did in Pulwama.

Where we lost out was on the 27th Feb. I've a feeling that apart from complacency in the IAF regarding their paper superiority courtesy Op Gaganshakti, they simply didn't think PAF would mount a raid that too in broad daylight. The GoI mustn't have helped matters by tasking our armed forces including the IAF into a defensive role post Balakote. Then again how much of this info which went into the GoI making the decision it did based on the IAF's hubris is a matter of speculation.

The Wing Co Abhinandan episode didn't help out narrative at all. To add to the twist, it's now being speculated that his radio frequency in which he was communicating with ground control was jammed. Whereas, previously, we were led to believe that he exceeded his brief. To add to the mess, we've now info that the Mi17 may have been allegedly lost to friendly fire. Ditto for the F16 kill claimed by Wing Co Abhinandan.

In the public perception, the score line reads Ind -1, Pak -1 with the latter having a definite advantage given their extremely smooth narrative of India missing the target at Balakote, PAF retaliating the next day but deliberately not striking targets just to send a message to their counterparts and the Wing Co Abhinandan episode coming as a bonus.There's no proof of our downing of the F-16 as well. Then there's the Mi 17.

That we didn't retaliate will and should be held against us. That we didn't issue our customary statement of - We' d retaliate at a time and place of our choosing should and will definitely be held against us.

Last edited:
Few years ago I read about a study in US why indian professionals are preferred in IT over other nationalities. It’s because the are very submissive, can taking a beating and will not hit back. Indians are the last once to sue an employer in US. Infact they are the immigrants with least amount of legal cases.
Its not just Indians, it all immigrants. Russian immigrants? same. Chinese? Same. Mexicans same.
Its a byproduct of broken immigration system of US rather than Indians being docile.

Try that in Australia or Canada, its all different. Indians keep on switching jobs faster than a 5 year old playing hop-skip-jump. And they drive very hard and very dirty bargain.

To be honest, Indians do not believe in Courts and Law-Suites as much. They find their ways elsewhere. You deny them holiday they deserve, they won't say anything on face but come the day they have another offer in hand and they won't give a damn about your business suffering or even doing any KT. Its like Modi says : Indians like to respond on the time and place of their choosing.

• Agree
Reactions: BlackOpsIndia
D3ETXvdX0AAC5Q2.jpg

D3Ees_5XgAEJr2h.jpg

Defence Ministry should seriously consider budgetary allocations of IAF. They should keep bare minimum of 30-40 Su30 and other jets should be sold to some other country and renaming assets to be transferred to Army Aviation Corps and Indian Naval Air arm.

40 is enough to participate in air shows all around the world with showstopper Pugachev Cobra maneuver.

2016 strikes were flawless but in these strikes IAF created more doubts and questions then one can answer. Everything is doubtful and with new information coming in daily it looks like a mess. This is when whole nation was behind you, PM was in your pocket and your adversary was equally incompetent and was numerically overwhelmed. If it was some serious Air force against IAF I don't know what would have happened.

Amazing people they are, want shiny new expensive foreign toys yet keep losing them even in peace time. Indian weapons are strict no and if it was not Parikars forceful shoving down the throat Tejas program would have been scrapped by now. Hardly any example of bad mouthing of own weapons is seen in history. IAF kept sabotaging the project and almost killed it.

Foreign maal obsession also raises questions of commission like Tyagi, we don't know how many such Tyagis are let go silently so as not to defame forces and trust of nation on them. For 2 years Tejas missed WVR target firing Russian missile but all is ignored in name of national interest and nobody ask why is it not working yet? Why we need to rely on that same missile.

Navy and Army has now to clear the mess. I am not asking for proofs of air strike but when a counter proof from 3rd party is available why the hell is those images not released unless they actually missed the target.

F16 were firing AMRAAM but no we should stay back, duck, hide behind ROE, which ROE says to hold back when fired upon? More so when you have superior platform and upper hand? When you are looking only for a tactical victory and not all out war? Why would you let that go? @vstol Jockey sir were you able to find why we held back that day and why no counter offensive was launched immediately? They planned for 12 days, something "big" is about to happen said US, it's impossible they didn't have taken into account Pakistani counter and our response to that.

I doubt any other PM will give this much of autonomy to IAF again to launch any offensive and more so after this lukewarm result.

They did take Pakistani counter into account. First time after Uri, because of this risk ground forces were used. After Pulwama despite this risk airstrikes were ordered because all terror launch pads along the border were quickly disbanded by Pak and moved inward. I agree with the decision. It was the correct one.

well now it's on. The IAF is hardening it's stand. I hope we have some way of backing this up or force the USAF to announce an official stand.

Pak F-16 Was Shot Down, Says Air Force; Refutes US Journal Report
If the IAF doesn't back up it's statement with evidence, it's going to be a case of their word against the IAF, wherein the burden of proof clearly rests with the IAF.

As far as the USAF goes, neither the GoI nor the IAF is in a position to demand anything of the USAF. The Pentagon will declare the status of the F-16's including the nos if the US Congress asks it to, as & when they do so.

Reactions: BlackOpsIndia