Air Battle over Kashmir : MiG-21 Bison shoots down F-16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arent the warheads missing from the R77 and the R73 on the right? Which means they were fired and the warhead exploded? The ones on the left are pretty much intact, which means that they were found in the crash. So does this mean Abhi fired 2 missiles?

They are short of propaganda.... Worried of receiving tough questions.... So do the best.... create some more fake stories to keep the fanboys happy.....
We also have the HD video of the actual wreackage where all these parts can be seen before extraction ...

length of R-73 is under 3m while that of R-77 is 3.7m. A difference of nearly 80cms or over 2.5 feet. yet all missiles are of same length.

The scale seems fine to me.

The 2nd R-77's lattice fins are missing, so the tail end has been placed at the end in an upright position. If you notice the main fins go right up to the end of the table, so what's on the table is only 2/3rds of the missile.

Reactions: The Deterrent
Lol... Thats height of Ignorance..
These missiles fly at Mach-4.
An explosion at Mack 4 will turn all parts of the missile into shrapnels, and thats the whole point.

So you're saying all 4 missiles were flying at mach 4?

The fact is the 4th R-73 was spent. It wasn't part of the Mig-21 wreckage since the warhead detonated. So that means it either found its mark and detonated or ran out of juice and detonated. Either way it was fired.

The Big and Heavy Metallic parts of the Plane as seen in the Wreckage were Totally Twisted And Mangled

And these Light weight structures were fairly intact

Lahori Logic

Reactions: Lolwa
The Big and Heavy Metallic parts of the Plane as seen in the Wreckage were Totally Twisted And Mangled

And these Light weight structures were fairly intact

Lahori Logic
No sir. Rouhaani taaqat. Everything in Pakistan is run by them. They ensured that while the whole aircraft gets twisted and burnt. and so do both R-77s, only two R-73s survive.

Reactions: STEPHEN COHEN
D2MBk0VWwAI9HPC.jpg

D2MBlgQX0AIDB3D.jpg

Before anyone starts wailing about conjecture, here are pictures FROM PAKISTAN of PAF missile seekers and control fins recovered intact after firing. (h/t @vayusena)

https://twitter.com/zone5aviation/status/ 1108731869141651457

@The Deterrent looks like my guess was correct. Proximity fuse triggered the warhead.

ISPR should make an approval process before posting such pictures. This is just like Abhi's propaganda video.

D2MBk0VWwAI9HPC.jpg

D2MBlgQX0AIDB3D.jpg

Before anyone starts wailing about conjecture, here are pictures FROM PAKISTAN of PAF missile seekers and control fins recovered intact after firing. (h/t @vayusena)

@The Deterrent looks like my guess was correct. Proximity fuse triggered the warhead.

ISPR should make an approval process before posting such pictures. This is just like Abhi's propaganda video.
More than the missile debris it's the fair skinned , light eyed nearly blonde Aryans of the PA whom I find fascinating. The last adjective in the previous sentence is pun unintended. @safriz

Reactions: Paro
D2MBk0VWwAI9HPC.jpg

D2MBlgQX0AIDB3D.jpg

I have myself fired a Matra Magic as part of my fully ops syllabus on Sea Harriers. I know what a missile is and how it explodes. I still maintain the Brahmin logic, "do not teach an idiot and do not deprive a brainy person Gyaan. as it is a sin". please do not become a sinner.

D2MBk0VWwAI9HPC.jpg

D2MBlgQX0AIDB3D.jpg

https://twitter.com/zone5aviation/status/ 1108731869141651457

even in case of a direct hit, the seeker head will be damaged and intact as single piece. The explosives in the AAMs are expanding rod type which have blast along the body of the missile and not towards the front. The center body explodes as if it has sticks of explosives around it. The blast effect cuts the body of the target instead of causing a hole in it.

even in case of a direct hit, the seeker head will be damaged and intact as single piece. The explosives in the AAMs are expanding rod type which have blast along the body of the missile and not towards the front. The center body explodes as if it has sticks of explosives around it. The blast effect cuts the body of the target instead of causing a hole in it.
Do these missiles have any recording feature right before impact? Because if the front end of the missile is going to remain intact there could be some sort of a blackbox kind of recording mechanism to study for future analysis right? Like how the air to ground bombs can transmit the video until the last minute of impact

Do these missiles have any recording feature right before impact? Because if the front end of the missile is going to remain intact there could be some sort of a blackbox kind of recording mechanism to study for future analysis right? Like how the air to ground bombs can transmit the video until the last minute of impact
As of now none of them has it but in future we will surely have.

Reactions: Paro
Status
Not open for further replies.