Air Battle over Kashmir : MiG-21 Bison shoots down F-16

The problem with merely displaying old Russian missiles is the fact that the R-73 is available in the black market from ex-Soviet states. For all you know, PAF themselves may have procured or obtained stocks of R-73 for tests previously. China also operates thousands of R-73s.
The reason it took so long is because these were being sourced from China... In the recent visit to China none the less..
Both R-73 and R-77 are in Chinese inventory.

• Agree
Reactions: Paro
1553195344013.png

D2MBk0VWwAI9HPC.jpg

D2MBlgQX0AIDB3D.jpg

Before anyone starts wailing about conjecture, here are pictures FROM PAKISTAN of PAF missile seekers and control fins recovered intact after firing. (h/t @vayusena)

https://twitter.com/zone5aviation/status/ 1108731869141651457

@The Deterrent looks like my guess was correct. Proximity fuse triggered the warhead.

ISPR should make an approval process before posting such pictures. This is just like Abhi's propaganda video.
Correctomundo, seems like seekers do tend to survive the warhead explosion, my understanding of the warhead was incorrect then. Also, recalling the missile chase scene in "Behind Enemy Lines", the seeker part seemed to have been blown away to expose the forward directional warhead, which shot shrapnel all over the F-18. Don't know if it was factually correctly depicted, would be interesting to read up on it.

However, the only problem is, the exact same seeker was visible in the HD video and photo of the wreckage, recorded after the crash. Seems like someone 'dropped' it there immediatly afterwards, eh? If I was forging the evidence, I would gladly add the missing motor of the 1x R-73 & fins of the 1x R-77.

False picture. The seeker of second missile is supposed to be burnt completely.

View attachment 5251

How the hell did they get it intact then on the table...
Um none of the referred parts in the photo you quoted is a seeker. As the description reads, the thrust vector control section is being pointed out.

Correctomundo, seems like seekers do tend to survive the warhead explosion, my understanding of the warhead was incorrect then. Also, recalling the missile chase scene in "Behind Enemy Lines", the seeker part seemed to have been blown away to expose the forward directional warhead, which shot shrapnel all over the F-18. Don't know if it was factually correctly depicted, would be interesting to read up on it.

However, the only problem is, the exact same seeker was visible in the HD video and photo of the wreckage, recorded after the crash. Seems like someone 'dropped' it there immediatly afterwards, eh? If I was forging the evidence, I would gladly add the missing motor of the 1x R-73 & fins of the 1x R-77.

Um none of the referred parts in the photo you quoted is a seeker. As the description reads, the thrust vector control section is being pointed out.
Now you know why you were wrong in laughing at my post?

The table on the extreme right shows only one intact part...

1553195734487.png

Thats seeker

What is even more interesting is that warhead is missing from only one missing in display. And that missile is R73.

@vstol Jockey

Length of a R-73 is 2.93 meter
Length of R-77 is about 3.6 meter...

Interestingly these pictures are showing both of the missiles to be about same size... Something is not adding up.

Now you know why you were wrong in laughing at my post?
I hereby officially retract my 'Funny' reaction to the aforementioned post. I also wish the record to show that I did not mean to offend the Lion, THE King of the jungle.

The table on the extreme right shows only one intact part...

View attachment 5253

Thats seeker

What is even more interesting is that warhead is missing from only one missing in display. And that missile is R73.
And you conveniently keep ignoring that 1x R-73 is almost there (major parts found), and 1x R-73 seems to have burned while attached to the pylon (TVC section IDed in wreckage). Only what remained was displayed, unless there was a third R-73?

On another note, considering that 2x missiles didn't burn up but 2x burned up/damaged extensively, it is likely that the MiG-21 crashed on its port side....also visible in the main wreckage photo.

I hereby officially retract my 'Funny' reaction to the aforementioned post. I also wish the record to show that I did not mean to offend the Lion, THE King of the jungle.
As a professional, i will never post a wrong thing. You might be surprised to know that after I posted about seeker head, suddenly the whole world including some top reporters started tweeting about it.

As a professional, i will never post a wrong thing. You might be surprised to know that after I posted about seeker head, suddenly the whole world including some top reporters started tweeting about it.
I wish you hadn't made this bold statement, I have proven you wrong in the past when you directly addressed me and made a factually incorrect statement. And I have ignored quite a few incorrect posts you wrote to others, out of respect. I have the courage to accept my mistakes, perhaps you don't.

I would highly recommend you to cherish your pride and not go down this road.

Reactions: BlackOpsIndia
And you conveniently keep ignoring that 1x R-73 is almost there (major parts found), and 1x R-73 seems to have burned while attached to the pylon (TVC section IDed in wreckage). Only what remained was displayed, unless there was a third R-73?
Interestingly only the R-73 had warhead damaged... Seeker survived in remarkably good condition. Coincidence? I doubt. And why the hell it took Pakistan 20 days to put up this display? Especially after a visit from China? We know where you got that seeker from.

On another note, considering that 2x missiles didn't burn up but 2x burned up/damaged extensively, it is likely that the MiG-21 crashed on its port side....also visible in the main wreckage photo.
There is an even bigger mess up... And thats in the length of these missiles...

Interestingly only the R-73 had warhead damaged... Seeker survived in remarkably good condition. Coincidence? I doubt.

Missile hits aircraft -> aircraft breaks up -> aircraft crashes on port side -> aircraft breaks up even more -> payloads attached also break up -> the wreckage goes up in flames -> some parts of the wreckage remain unidentifiable -> starboard side payloads remain in better condition.

starboard side payloads remain in better condition.

Considering the pictures, I find that really hard to believe a missile attached to that plane would be in such good condition. As per your own post. The plane is hit by a missile, then burnt, the crashes into the ground at 100s of km per hour. Now check the condition of the missile which is displayed.

Missile hits aircraft -> aircraft breaks up -> aircraft crashes on port side -> aircraft breaks up even more -> payloads attached also break up -> the wreckage goes up in flames -> some parts of the wreckage remain unidentifiable -> starboard side payloads remain in better condition.
Why only specifically R-73 broke up? And that too specifically Warhead section and below? I doubt that. Its burnt out fragment of R-73 from F-16 and seeker from a dummy round loaned from China.

Plus. Look at the length. R-77s even without their cones are a bit longer than R-73s. Here they all are identical length. This looks like a fake display.

Here is an image to get an idea of their relative lengths... And width too LOL.

1553198518283.png

I wish you hadn't made this bold statement, I have proven you wrong in the past when you directly addressed me and made a factually incorrect statement. And I have ignored quite a few incorrect posts you wrote to others, out of respect. I have the courage to accept my mistakes, perhaps you don't.

I would highly recommend you to cherish your pride and not go down this road.
I too always accept my mistakes. please do point out the mistakes. i will than explain to you why I wrote them.

Considering the pictures, I find that really hard to believe a missile attached to that plane would be in such good condition. As per your own post. The plane is hit by a missile, then burnt, the crashes into the ground at 100s of km per hour. Now check the condition of the missile which is displayed.
I didn't say it was in a good condition. I said, and implied that they (2x missiles on left) were in a (relatively) better condition, as compared to the others (2x missiles on the right). You can clearly see that they have been put together, as both of them disintegrated into multiple parts. See below:
IMG_20190318_002626.jpg

Interestingly only the R-73 had warhead damaged... Seeker survived in remarkably good condition. Coincidence? I doubt. And why the hell it took Pakistan 20 days to put up this display? Especially after a visit from China? We know where you got that seeker from.
Why only specifically R-73 broke up? And that too specifically Warhead section and below? I doubt that. Its burnt out fragment of R-73 from F-16 and seeker from a dummy round loaned from China.

Plus. Look at the length. R-77s even without their cones are a bit longer than R-73s. Here they all are identical length. This looks like a fake display.
You're right, everything is fake or fabricated or Chinese. Allow me to humbly bow out.