Forum features , bugs , complaints and tutorials

No, your reply was about street shiting and swachh bharat. Which has nothing to do with the subject.

You are welcome to reply without those personal attacks.
Street shitting was in response to credibility of international media that @BlackOpsIndia was citing as a proof of Balakot's failure. Do you understand that citing relevant examples is not off-topic?

Street shitting was in response to credibility of international media that @BlackOpsIndia was citing as a proof of Balakot's failure. Do you understand that citing relevant examples is not off-topic?
Which is a strawman.

No international media is still claiming '90% of India still shits in streets'.

Deletion won't be revoked.

@Falcon @Ashwin @Webmaster @Avi Is SF a registered NGO? Can we float an idea to get access to this :

+ @BlackOpsIndia We talked about it earlier I guess.

This will allow us to actually do a fact checking of what is happening and what is being reported... SkySat has a resolution of 80 cm. Good enough to make out a vehicle or an area of tents.
That's good suggestion, I am trying to gather courage to meet my senior from past many months now who teach GIS for degree in reputable engineering College. Maybe he can provide some sources from where I can get daily imagery at low cost.

That ESA Sales team member replied, unfortunately he said I need to find some Indian reseller. The link is full of companies that kind of look small players. I was looking for 0.3mtr (best quality so far) images to be analysed and shared exclusively on this forum.

You are in Canada drop a mail here and ask for 11GB package, let's see if they sell there or not. Also will get the idea of pricing.

----
I have been mentioned here multiple time by fellow members and others, I either missed the notification or didn't get it at all.

That ESA Sales team member replied, unfortunately he said I need to find some Indian reseller. The link is full of companies that kind of look small players. I was looking for 0.3mtr (best quality so far) images to be analysed and shared exclusively on this forum.
Thanks for the suggestion, I will reach out to ESI, though I suspect the access will run in few thousands of dollars.

That said, may I offer a small correction?

The organization you contacted was ESI European Space Imaging, a commercial enterprise.

The organization I am talking about is European Space Agency, an international EU organization which (among other things) supports projects by universities, journalists, Human Rights organizations, climate change advocacy groups etc. It does so by offering satellite products from a number of sources, open or commercial, at no cost. One such source of products is PlanetLabs SkySat products which are generally not available for its free users or its academic users. This product has :

- 80 cm resolution, which can be used to make out vehicles, tents, concrete structures etc.
- Panchromatic and multiple channel imagery : can be used to study change in ground, vegetation etc. Basically movement in snow, track marks, trails, ground digging etc.

What they need will be a project proposal, affiliation etc. An NGO may just get the access. If anything, a introduction from an authority figure may help.

Reactions: BlackOpsIndia
@Falcon @Ashwin @Webmaster @Avi Is SF a registered NGO? Can we float an idea to get access to this :

+ @BlackOpsIndia We talked about it earlier I guess.

This will allow us to actually do a fact checking of what is happening and what is being reported... SkySat has a resolution of 80 cm. Good enough to make out a vehicle or an area of tents.
Hello @Ashwin @nair @Commander-in-Chief! Do we have a NGO registered for StrategicFront?

Reactions: BlackOpsIndia
I think if students are allowed free access, there seems to be a good number of students out here who can avail of the benefits & perhaps share the maps over here.

Instead of getting into lengthy & tricky tangles like the NGO business, this seems to be a safer & easier proposition.
I do intend to share those results here. May be an article here. So we should do things the right way.

I do intend to share those results here. May be an article here. So we should do things the right way.
What's wrong in asking student members here to register with that agency, procure such images & share them here? What exactly is illegal about it? It may not exactly be ethical but illegal?

What's wrong in asking student members here to register with that agency, procure such images & share them here? What exactly is illegal about it? It may not exactly be ethical but illegal?
Well, then it require an endrosement by some university or school or research body. Also, I don't know if the images can be shared on this forum.

Last edited:
I would like to give a suggestion regarding a new thread 2.0 front engagement and if need comes then 2.5 front engagement thread during this ongoing regional conflict between India, China and now Nepalese government is also involved. Mods can decide which threads to combine or start a fresh thread. The early it happens, it will be beneficial for readers and also for the posters.

I would like to give a suggestion regarding a new thread 2.0 front engagement and if need comes then 2.5 front engagement thread during this ongoing regional conflict between India, China and now Nepalese government is also involved. Mods can decide which threads to combine or start a fresh thread. The early it happens, it will be beneficial for readers and also for the posters.

Okay, how do you include them? I see, it's a picture not media.:)
5Qz7lR.gif