Indian Aircraft Crash Notification

some Pakistani dog posted this but is this Gen.Rawat?
Could be . So what if he is ? The entire chopper was enveloped in flames . I hope you realise what that means for those caught in it .

Besides Paxtanis do what they do best . Curse like eunuchs when out to beg / extort money from unwilling clients , those refusing to pay , on certain weekdays going to the extent of flashing their privates , something Paxtanis love doing too . That's what they've been reduced to . Enjoy their impotence.

A safer heli still (probably) should’ve helped pilots safely land it with minimum fatalities. ALH also had many crashes due to bad weather.
Terrain is uneven Very sloppy. I guess you are from South India so Must be aware about the weather of ooty.

A very sad day for the nation. Gen Rawat was first CDS and losing him like this is very unfortunate. I hope we take cue from this tragedy and have more reliable helis for VVIPs.

Reactions: Amal
While converting to Sea Harriers, we needed to do 10 hours of flying in Chetaks to learn about vertical spot landing to get our eyes tuned to that kind of along and across movement to ensure that we do spot landing. In my 4th flight I did landing on a moving ship. BUT, in all those flights, we flew with a qualified helicopter instructer who also told us how to do autoratate and land the helicopter safely in case he himself was incapacitated. Our knowledge of the systems was zero about the helicopter but we knew how to fly the helicopter in those ten hours even in an emergency. I am very very sure that it was a case of CFIT as I myself once nearly crashed in those mountains while operating a flight from Bangalore to Coimbatore. My First officer was pilot Flying and when terrain warning came, he froze, I pulled back on stick and put max thsut forward. We escaped with 127 pax and crew with just 300 feet from crashing in those mountains. It was a long four sector flight, Ahemdabad-Blr-CJM-BLR-Ahemedabad.

Terrain is uneven Very sloppy. I guess you are from South India so Must be aware about the weather of ooty.

Coonoor relatively has moderate climate.
I doubt bad weather will be the reason.
Saw a video, where people are asking to douse fire.. Someone say it's not current.

Caught in wire s?

Immediately handover MoD to gen VK Singh.
Previous Chief Bhaduria?

Flying IAF junks is a dangerous job.
Legacy of collective incompetence of all IAF chiefdoms.
They are so greedy that they can’t even let go those assets which comes under the domain of other services, even though they are unable to maintain them.
Everybody knew that these Mi71s are not suitable for VIP duty, still the political and military bureaucracy paralysed the whole VVIP Chopper procurement process.
And what’s more painful is those same AW Choppers are standing on Tarmac at Hindan airbase is almost flyaway condition.
This. The aw-101 should have been used. This was such an unnecessary blunder.

While converting to Sea Harriers, we needed to do 10 hours of flying in Chetaks to learn about vertical spot landing to get our eyes tuned to that kind of along and across movement to ensure that we do spot landing. In my 4th flight I did landing on a moving ship. BUT, in all those flights, we flew with a qualified helicopter instructer who also told us how to do autoratate and land the helicopter safely in case he himself was incapacitated. Our knowledge of the systems was zero about the helicopter but we knew how to fly the helicopter in those ten hours even in an emergency. I am very very sure that it was a case of CFIT as I myself once nearly crashed in those mountains while operating a flight from Bangalore to Coimbatore. My First officer was pilot Flying and when terrain warning came, he froze, I pulled back on stick and put max thsut forward. We escaped with 127 pax and crew with just 300 feet from crashing in those mountains. It was a long four sector flight, Ahemdabad-Blr-CJM-BLR-Ahemedabad.

If you look at the debris it's like as if

1) fell down like a free falling object
2) powered flight directly slammed into the terrain

This. The aw-101 should have been used. This was such an unnecessary blunder.

Aw 101 are lying unused in Delhi for many years because of that Scam

But will those planes be still in a condition to Fly after all these years of sitting in the Hangars

If you look at the debris it's like as if

1) fell down like a free falling object
2) powered flight directly slammed into the terrain
We need to work on IMRH asap with a good engine (GE), safety fundamentals from LCA, and a fly-by-wire... but still, I doubt IAF babus will give an order

We need to work on IMRH asap with a good engine (GE), safety fundamentals from LCA, and a fly-by-wire... but still, I doubt IAF babus will give an order

We have 150 MI 17 V 5 helicopters

I think this is some maintenance or Training issue

But something has to be done very seriously

Coonoor relatively has moderate climate.
I doubt bad weather will be the reason.
Saw a video, where people are asking to douse fire.. Someone say it's not current.

Caught in wire s?

Previous Chief Bhaduria?
Asper local media, weather is rough for the last 10 days atleast.
The worst case scenerio for any helicopter is tail rotor failure. That makes the aircraft go completely out of control. In case of both engine failure, the helo can still land safely by autorotation. This case is a case of flying into the hill for whatever reason.
What about a helicopter with contra rotating rotors? Those are safer than regular copters?

Reactions: Sathya