Indian Aircraft Crash Notification

May be an out of query. So KA226 will be safer to operate over Himalayas than our LUH? KA226 is twin engined with Contra rotating rotors while LUH is a conventional aircraft,but with single engine.
The contra rotating rotors have big advantage over main rotor and tail rotor configuration. The advancing blades give the lift but the retreating blades do not. In a contra rotating configuration, atleast one set of retreating blades provide lift. Plus the engine thurst is not diverted to power up the tail rotor. A contrarotaing configuration has 10-15% advantage in terms of Thrust, speed and lift.

This News Channel is Saying that
ACM Bhadauria who retired very recently ,is also in the Race to become CDS

That would require making New Rules

My thinking is that Gen. Naravane will be next CDS and Lt.Gen YK Joshi will be next Chief of Army Staff. There is no provision to appoint an already retired person for such a Job. They can only be considered for the job of Dy. NSA or NSA.

My thinking is that gen. Naravane will be next CDS and Lt. gen YK Joshi will be next Chief of Army Staff.
Both Lt Gen Joshi & the DyCoAS are due for superannuation in January. Frankly I don't see the issue here . Either you go down the Bipin Rawat way & by pass these two selecting the 3rd most senior person in the IA ( assuming Gen Narawane is being elevated to CDS ) which in any case would be the case in January except that the 3rd most senior person would be in the DyCoAS's chair or make a choice between Lt Gen Joshi or the DyCoAS for the CoAS's post .

Both Lt Gen Joshi & the DyCoAS are due for superannuation in January. Frankly I don't see the issue here . Either you go down the Bipin Rawat way & by pass these two selecting the 3rd most senior person in the IA ( assuming Gen Narawane is being elevated to CDS ) which in any case would be the case in January except that the 3rd most senior person would be in the DyCoAS's chair or make a choice between Lt Gen Joshi or the DyCoAS for the CoAS's post .

But VCOAS is a senior position
In the Hierarchy. As compared to
Northern Command Chief which is presently held by Gen Joshi

My prediction is Naravane as CDS and YK Joshi as COAS. Joshi is the most decorated officer of all of them with maximum medals for gallantry after Zorawer Chand Bakshi,

Last edited:
Seems like 90% burns ... Really hard chance..

On Twitter , I read that There is Also Renal Failure , which , when I Googled , is mentioned as the immediate consequence of Severe Burn Injuries

Google tells most unpleasant hard facts

On Twitter , I read that There is Also Renal Failure , which , when I Googled , is mentioned as the immediate consequence of Severe Burn Injuries

Most horrible. It feels so bad to say that the soul of the Group Capt should be allowed to leave his mortal body, but i believe that this is the best for all.

i cannot even begin to imagine the horrific death the ill fated passengers had gone through.

Last edited:

Death by burning,death by burning death by rabies disease,three horrendous way to die.

In the case of burns rapid onset renal failure most often due to the failure of other organs or reduced cardiac output, not the burns themselves unless the kidneys are damaged. If other organs aren't damaged acute renal failure isn't often fatal assuming haemodialysis is available as a treatment. Late-onset renal failure can still occur if a victim recovers from their burn trauma, but that's also manageable by haemodialysis. Renal failure itself isn't a fatal prognosis (though it's fatality rate does exceed 70%). But it's often, especially in victims of burn trauma, a symptom of greater injuries to other vital organs.

This is to say nothing of blunt force trauma, lacerations, smoke or chemical inhalation or other concerns that arise following an aircraft failure or crash.

I treated a lot of burn injuries while in Afghanistan, mainly from detonations.

Last edited:
In the case of burns rapid onset renal failure most often due to the failure of other organs or reduced cardiac output, not the burns themselves unless the kidneys are damaged. If other organs aren't damaged acute renal failure isn't often fatal assuming haemodialysis is available as a treatment. Late-onset renal failure can still occur if a victim recovers from their burn trauma, but that's also manageable by haemodialysis. Renal failure itself isn't a fatal prognosis (though it's fatality rate does exceed 70%). But it's often, especially in victims of burn trauma, a symptom of greater injuries to other vital organs.

This is to say nothing of blunt force trauma, lacerations, smoke or chemical inhalation or other concerns that arise following an aircraft failure or crash.

I treated a lot of burn injuries while in Afghanistan, mainly from detonations.
Few decades ago in my younger years, I saw what happens to human body when oil at 300c splashed on them.
Three of our crew members died that day.
Was a horrific sight.
It was a crankcase explosion on board our ship, and I was in the recovery / firefighter team.
The 3 guys were at the dinner table with me an hour ago, and then I saw them in unrecognisable condition.

But why the aircraft was flying so low in the first place?
In such weather conditions the safe attitude is increased anyway.
It appears to me that the helicopter got pushed down by mountain waves which are very prevalent in that area. they seem to have hit sudden downward push by such waves. The Helicopter was being flown the CO of that Halo sqn. He must have known the area very well but mountain waves are sudden and unpredictable. Many locals have said that the weather was clear but we have seen the video where the halo suddenly vanishes in clouds. This is very common in that area due to mountain waves.

Reactions: Chain Smoker