Pakistan AirForce : Updates & Discussions

Single smokey rd93 is also there, remaining 60% means of around 65 aircrafts, not more than 30-40 would be operation ready as I write this.

Jf 17 is just a bomb truck. The pilots for the jf-17 don't even train for bvr. They are just there to act as distraction which they did on 27th Feb.

Have you fired live weapons, what was it like?

“I’ve fired General Purpose bombs of various sizes and done strafing. Haven’t had the pleasure of letting go a missile yet.”

Could someone explain this. The pilot answers in a previous question that he targetted su30's. And later says they have never had bvr training when IAF pilots have discussed their experience in bvr training. It's pretty clear they are even more useless than our mig 23's. That's why gaining air superiority of there entire airspace won't take us more than a week.

Most pilots during peaceful times go their entire life without ever having fired a missile. So there's nothing strange about this.

The JF-17 got an operational BVR only in 2018.

A new engine won't help when the airframe itself is not all that it's cracked up to be. ;)
Structural strengthening and reinforcement of airframe?
I believe few of our older jets to have faced such problems. If I’m not wrong both Jaguar and Mig 23 underwent airframe strengthening.

Structural strengthening and reinforcement of airframe?
I believe few of our older jets to have faced such problems. If I’m not wrong both Jaguar and Mig 23 underwent airframe strengthening.

It depends on the scale of the problem. Let's not forget that the JF-17 is pratically a new jet, inducted only in the beginning of this decade. Cracks in the airframe should happen late in an airframe's life if there are production quality issues. But problems very early on would indicate problems with both design and production. When it's just production issues, the airframe can be strenghtened and would require a more powerful engine to compensate for the weight gain. But when it comes to a design issue, a better engine won't really help.

We are facing the same problem with the Mig-29K. It has structural issues due to bad design, not made for carriers, so it requires airframe strengthening as well.

Since its introduction, there have been several accidents involving the JF-17.

• On 14 November 2011, a JF-17 flying from PAF Base Minhas crashed during training exercises in the mountainous Mulla Mansoor region of the Attock District. According to the official PAF report, the crash was caused by a technical malfunction. Pakistani news reported that the pilot, Squadron Leader Muhammad Hussain, bailed out but was killed after his parachute failed to open, and that there were no civilian casualties reported. The pilot's body was discovered two kilometers from the crash site. This was the first known crash of a JF-17.[136][137][138][139][140]
  • On 27 September 2016, a PAF JF-17 crashed during Exercise High Mark into the Arabian Sea. The pilot reportedly ejecting safely, though Martin-Baker, the manufacturer of the JF-17's ejection seats, later tweeted that the 15 September 2020 crash was the first ejection from a JF-17.[141][142]
  • On 15 February 2020, a JF-17 Block 2 belonging to No.14 squadron 'Tail Choppers' crashed in Attock while on training mission. The pilot reportedly ejected and no casualties were reported. This was third crash of a JF-17 and second crash of the Block-2 variant.[143]
  • A Pakistan Air Force (PAF) aircraft crashed near Pindigheb, Attock, on 15 September 2020 , the air force said in a statement.[144] While the PAF did not identify the aircraft, ejection seat manufacturer Martin-Baker, whose seats are installed in the JF-17, said in a Twitter post, “a Pakistan Air Force JF-17 aircraft crashed earlier today during a routine training mission, the pilot ejected successfully," adding that this marked the first instance of an ejection from a JF-17 aircraft, which uses its Martin-Baker PK16LE ejection seats, contradicting Pakistani reports of prior crashes
Yesterday, it was 5TH JF-17 CRASH SINCE INDUCTION...But the desperation to hide is too much :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Nigerian Air force Thunder ready for delivery.

EpDGB9RXcAE7ntf (1).jpeg

14x Thunder B handed over to PAF today.
8x already in service.
Current total of JF-17B becomes 22 ship.
Another 4x to be inducted soon and that will be the end of JF-17B Production.
After today all resources will be diverted towards Block III production.
At least 12 ship per year to be produced from now onwards.
The last 4x twin seat Bravo will also be In Block III configuration.

• Informative
Reactions: Vicky and Sathya